home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2019, 06:46 PM   #21
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
This site was linked over at easywdw https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=835236 It gives a rundown of fastpass availability 30, 60, and 90 days out. It might be handy info to know before you book. It could help you can swap days around in your plan ahead of time. I checked it before booking my passes and realized I didn't need to deviate from my plan - even with FoP on Day 2 of our trip.
I would imagine fastpass availability is pretty good 90 days out.
Clearly there is something I'm missing here....

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #22
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I would imagine fastpass availability is pretty good 90 days out.
Clearly there is something I'm missing here....
Folks staying in Club Level, Grand Villas, or Bungalow/Cabins can book extra passes at 90 days out if they pay money. Of course I can't imagine if ever getting to the point where availability disappears around then. If a ride was going to be refurbished, though, it might show up there before being announced. I've seen people report rides as opening or coming back based on 90-day availability. But, yeah, the 90 day availability is largely irrelevant, but being able to "track" when passes are going for certain rides could help with one's planning.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #23
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

What we have found is we normally struggle to get the FP we want the first 3 days of a reservation...but after that generally can stick to plan.

DW has become an expert of rejiggering our plans per park and park days based on that first 3 days issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherit View Post
My FP+ "Window of Opportunity" approacheth for our Dec 14-22 trip.

I've not had to do the FP+ ressies in a while - and especially not for a party of 9... at Xmas time. I'm already disgusted by the increasingly high demand on everything else (like rooms, dining) that pressure me to feel like I have to know EXACTLY where I'm gonna be, every hour of every day of our vacation, 180 days out, lol.

So when I try to make some FP+ selections for our group at 07:00:00 CT on Oct 15th, how much time should I allot for 6 days of FP setting?
Do I have to attack it like a well-oiled military manuever?
Will there be wailing and gnashing of teeth?
Will it leave me angry and frustrated?
Or will it be (somewhat) painless, and I should have all passes set (6 days, 9 people) within an hour, off on my merry way?

Just trying to budget how much time to allocate before hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go (and in what mental state I'll arrive!)

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:56 PM   #24
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
What we have found is we normally struggle to get the FP we want the first 3 days of a reservation...but after that generally can stick to plan.

DW has become an expert of rejiggering our plans per park and park days based on that first 3 days issue.
I kind of stumbled into a good situation for my early Dec trip. I am doing Epcot the first 2 full days after arrival. As it turns out Epcot is the park without a "killer" FP -- AK: FOP, HS: SDD, MK: 7DMT. So those came up later in my trip and I was able to get them without too much trouble. (We're talking 7AM sharp here!). Like I said that wasn't really a plan, it just happened. But maybe others will like that strategy.

Old 10-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #25
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post

This has been my strategy for quite some time now. The hard to get FP's are in the latter days of the trip - and I start near the end. If we have 7 days, I'm usually booking days 6 and 7 first, then moving closer from there. It makes a big difference over trying to start at the beginning!
Old 10-24-2019, 11:13 PM   #26
gopherit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I kind of stumbled into a good situation for my early Dec trip. I am doing Epcot the first 2 full days after arrival. As it turns out Epcot is the park without a "killer" FP -- AK: FOP, HS: SDD, MK: 7DMT. So those came up later in my trip and I was able to get them without too much trouble. (We're talking 7AM sharp here!). Like I said that wasn't really a plan, it just happened. But maybe others will like that strategy.
That's more or less where we landed, too. I did have AK for first day - but also had it for morning of 6th day too.. so I used first day to get a Navi FP... and got FOP on the 6th day. Second day was EPCOT - no issues there.

What i DO have issues with, however... is the dang MDE app and how it insists on freaking me out, periodically telling me I now have NO FPS. Or that half my party doesn't have them. This is DRIVING ME NUTS. I don't understand how the app can do this - preferentially pretend to drop FPs for certain party members. PHone app doesn't do it - just computer. I clear out my browser / cookies / etc and that *usually* fixes it - but until then, I'm havin' a coronary.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:07 AM   #27
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherit View Post
That's more or less where we landed, too. I did have AK for first day - but also had it for morning of 6th day too.. so I used first day to get a Navi FP... and got FOP on the 6th day. Second day was EPCOT - no issues there.

What i DO have issues with, however... is the dang MDE app and how it insists on freaking me out, periodically telling me I now have NO FPS. Or that half my party doesn't have them. This is DRIVING ME NUTS. I don't understand how the app can do this - preferentially pretend to drop FPs for certain party members. PHone app doesn't do it - just computer. I clear out my browser / cookies / etc and that *usually* fixes it - but until then, I'm havin' a coronary.
I've had that experience too. Can't claim to cure it, but...
(1) First, don't sweat it. It's hard I know, but the FP's are there and they will stay whether you can see them or not on a particular day.
(2) At least one of the other people in your party has their own account, right? If so that is the source of the "problem". (It's only a display issue.) Trying to fix the problem is probably a mistake. If you're freaking out, just call and have a CM reassure you that everything is OK.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:22 AM   #28
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Have to say that we've been so far removed from the 'planning' of a WDW visit that the frustration level was a bit ... well, I kinda wondered why the angst?

And then we decided our GC we were gifted by our SIL a few years ago was the perfect age to enjoy WDW - old enough to last without a great deal of whine. Now, we're not taking her but she's that perfect age - IMO. So I told my eldest for 2019 Xmas and BD's (not that I remember BD's but I thought it was a nice 'oomph' add), we would gift her family a long weekend (because eldest refused to consider summer so we settled on Presidents Day weekend - GC will miss 1/2 day of school) to WDW.

OMG the planning
Somehow, I gotta put the brakes on them before they wreck the weekend with over planning. For instance, the kid is TALL and they're bummed because they're having a hard time fitting in biddity-boppity-boo. You know, that's cute for a tiny or short but not a tall. Really. Plus I always thought that was a huge $$ waste regardless of age or size. (I never bought mouse-ears either. )