home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-23-2019, 09:42 AM   #11
coffeeroasters
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack Dog View Post
We were like you and did a split stay for the first time in 9 years. We stayed at Vero Beach, Beach Club and Old Key West and ended up with 2 new sets of magic bands and a set of room cards from Vero Beach. We also brought some bands from past years. Vero Beach and Beach Club worked great, but we had a hard time with our bands at Old Key West (ironically our favorite resort) - Disney fixed everything in the end so all was good.

We had no trouble with the park tickets or photopass - those worked great and were linked to everything.

I hope you have better luck than we did!
Good to know and I hope we have no problems with them.

Is there good coffee at Disney World?
Yes! In my villa when I am at WDW.

French Press Coffee Service 2 out of 3 not bad.

2015 MouseOwners NCAA Bracket Champion
coffeeroasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:44 AM   #12
coffeeroasters
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
As others have already answered your question, I will just say... I wish Disney would simplify their system for sending magic bands. Nine magic bands for 3 people is so wasteful. Not to mention the shipping costs.

As exciting as it is to receive that box in the mail, I am surprised Disney spends the money to ship and doesn't have guests pick up at the resort. Does anyone know why they do it this way?
Agreed! There should be an option in MDE when selecting Magic Bands, they know I am staying in 3 resorts why do I want all of them......

They ship them pre-trip since DME is using them at the airport.

Old 09-23-2019, 09:45 AM   #13
coffeeroasters
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel's Sister View Post
You can take the (new) spares to the front desk and they will erase and recycle them.
MaryJane
Good to know!

Old 09-23-2019, 11:34 AM   #14
RodriguezDVC
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeroasters View Post
Hi all - searched and looked through a bunch of pages in this topic but couldn'nt find what I was looking for.

This is our 1st ever in 10 years of DVC ownership we are doing a split stay x 3. So now that I have 9 MB's for the 3 of us going......

Which set gets our park tickets?
We are also adding the QS DDP and which set will it go on?

When we check into Copper Creek can they get us down to one set of MB's?

I won't do online check in since the last time we did that the DDP did not get activated until a call was made to the resort.

TIA

Steve
The magic bands are all interchangeable. Since we go several times a year, I usually log into MyDisneyExperience and just tell them not to send me the Magic Bands, because I already have so many of them.

RodriguezDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #15
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Agreed! There should be an option in MDE when selecting Magic Bands, they know I am staying in 3 resorts why do I want all of them......

They ship them pre-trip since DME is using them at the airport.
But there really is no need to ship them. Just have everyone collect them at the resort. International guests donít get them, you only need a reservation number (or even name and resort) to get on DME.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:14 PM   #16
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipalTinker View Post
I know you said you will not do online check in but if you did you could decline the magic bands for that stay. I always like to have a back up magic band with me just in case one flies off my arm on an attraction (this happened to me once on Buzz). For years I found I could use any magic band on the room door, as long as it was the first band I scanned at the door, but my last two stays the magic band ordered for that stay was the only one that worked without support from the desk.
what were you doing for a magic band to fly off during THAT ride?

I could see TSMM but there's not a lot of moving around during buzz. Were you going crazy with the spinner?
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:18 AM   #17
coffeeroasters
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodriguezDVC View Post
The magic bands are all interchangeable. Since we go several times a year, I usually log into MyDisneyExperience and just tell them not to send me the Magic Bands, because I already have so many of them.
Where on My Disney Experience do you tell them not to send them?
I definitely missed it somewhere along the way.

Old 09-24-2019, 11:26 AM   #18
PrincipalTinker
Studio

Quote:
Where on My Disney Experience do you tell them not to send them?
I definitely missed it somewhere along the way.
You can only decline the magic bands during online check in now. This is a relatively recent change.
PrincipalTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:30 AM   #19
Happy Pixie
Studio

Some people like to get as many MBís as they can so they can create decorations with them (check out Pinterest). I know others who like to have different colors to match different outfits. My DD has two she likes to use, but for her, itís a mood thing. DH has used the same one for almost two years and needs to replace the battery, so we just got him a new one instead.
Happy Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:11 PM   #20
gopherit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipalTinker View Post
I know you said you will not do online check in but if you did you could decline the magic bands for that stay. I always like to have a back up magic band with me just in case one flies off my arm on an attraction (this happened to me once on Buzz). For years I found I could use any magic band on the room door, as long as it was the first band I scanned at the door, but my last two stays the magic band ordered for that stay was the only one that worked without support from the desk.
Would have loved to have had a "spare" band when exactly what you described happened to our son... his band just flew right off his arm at the end of Everest (not during a fast part, lol... they were coming into the boarding area, creeping along and *pop* off it went!) We could see it laying there in broad daylight amongst some foliage but the Disney workers said nay nay - NOBODY goes there until the ride is shut down. Had to go and get him set up with a band at guest services (which was a good thing because the next day... they didn't have it. Dunno where it went.) So yeah, it happens, and a spare might not be a bad idea, so maybe don't get them recycled until the END of your stay. But ITA that this just seems so wasteful... same with getting the refillable mugs with dining plan at every stay in a split stay (versus just linking them). Those at least made nice souvenirs for others, though!

We are staying in 3 resorts for our December trip and have 9 people... just IMAGINE the bands we are gonna have!?! Maybe we will hang the extras like ornaments on our xmas tree in the villa, lol.