home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Default Which FP+ is easier to get?

I'm specifically talking about a 4th FP+, at MK, day of. So look into your crystal ball, please, and tell me, do I have a better chance getting Pirates of the Caribbean? Or Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin?
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
I'm specifically talking about a 4th FP+, at MK, day of. So look into your crystal ball, please, and tell me, do I have a better chance getting Pirates of the Caribbean? Or Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin?
Buzz will have the most but you'll likely have an option of PoC too. Buzz first though.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #3
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
From what I understand Pirates has a much higher capacity than Buzz so there should be more passes distributed for Pirates. Unless many many more people book it in advance I think it would be more available. TP and Easywdw both say that Pirates is an easy 4th pass, but that Buzz is usually available too. So, I'd say both!
Old 09-06-2019, 06:37 PM   #4
disneyteach
Grand Villa

I've successfully been able to get both as 4th & 5th FPs. Pro tip: split your party up when searching for extra FPs, you'll likely get whatever you want...maybe not at exact same time, but within the same window.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:06 PM   #5
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I've done both but Pirates had more options.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:49 AM   #6
Doug Disney
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Buzz will have the most but you'll likely have an option of PoC too. Buzz first though.
Agreed. Unless itís a high crowd time Iíve always found Buzz, many times PotC.
Doug Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:58 PM   #7
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Actually, I've been thinking about this since yesterday, and I kept trying to figure which one I preferred. So I decided to go with Pirates as one of my first 3, then hope for Buzz as my fourth, because Pirates is my first choice. I'm solo, and the good news about that is that I only have to look for a FP+ for one. The bad news is that I'm ECV-bound, and I'm not sure what's going to happen when I get to Pirates. I know that I'm supposed to transfer to a wheelchair, but I have no one to push me. Last time I asked (the ride was closed, so I was just curious), the CMs were very nice and said "Oh, no problem-we'd be happy to get you to the ride." And I know that this is what happened at the Winnie the Pooh ride. But I don't want to count on it, so we'll see. Thanks all!
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:08 PM   #8
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Actually, I've been thinking about this since yesterday, and I kept trying to figure which one I preferred. So I decided to go with Pirates as one of my first 3, then hope for Buzz as my fourth, because Pirates is my first choice. I'm solo, and the good news about that is that I only have to look for a FP+ for one. The bad news is that I'm ECV-bound, and I'm not sure what's going to happen when I get to Pirates. I know that I'm supposed to transfer to a wheelchair, but I have no one to push me. Last time I asked (the ride was closed, so I was just curious), the CMs were very nice and said "Oh, no problem-we'd be happy to get you to the ride." And I know that this is what happened at the Winnie the Pooh ride. But I don't want to count on it, so we'll see. Thanks all!
I usually try to ride pirates at the Christmas party for that same reason .
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #9
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Default Fp

Quote:
You should have no problem get either of these for your fourth in fact there are good odds both of those could be a Fifth or be done twice.
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:54 PM   #10
Rigby
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
I've successfully been able to get both as 4th & 5th FPs. Pro tip: split your party up when searching for extra FPs, you'll likely get whatever you want...maybe not at exact same time, but within the same window.
Do you split up so each person books their own Fast Pass or groups of two or three? Thanks!