home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #11
grayandry
Grand Villa

Thanks. Then Iíll go back to the old tap and reschedule plan.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #12
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayandry View Post
So now that they have changed the FP Tiers to include all of the good rides as a tier 1, I have an idea that might work for us.

Letís say I book a Tier 2 at 9am and another Tier 2 at 10am, and my Tier 1 at 11am. I plan on getting to the park at 10:45, ride my Tier 1 at 11, and then book another Tier 1 as soon as I can.

Would this idea work? What I mean is, will it use up my Tier 2s even if I am not in the park yet?
Quote:
Thanks. Then Iíll go back to the old tap and reschedule plan.
I've heard it recommended to schedule your Tier 1 first, then keep moving your Tier 2s up so they're done much faster. Is that what you're thinking now? Bumping up Muppets or Little Mermaid is probably a lot easier than trying to move a Tier 1, which might not have much availability.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:53 PM   #13
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
I've heard it recommended to schedule your Tier 1 first, then keep moving your Tier 2s up so they're done much faster. Is that what you're thinking now? Bumping up Muppets or Little Mermaid is probably a lot easier than trying to move a Tier 1, which might not have much availability.
Most likely. We are going to hope for the best with the Tier 1s. This new system really stinks.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:28 AM   #14
Crafty
Grand Villa

Do you have to tap at both places on the Tier 2s or will this work if you just tap the one at the entrance?
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:53 AM   #15
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
Do you have to tap at both places on the Tier 2s or will this work if you just tap the one at the entrance?
It would take the time of the FP to expire if you are in the park, so itís quicker to walk to the entrance of the ride and tap there.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:27 AM   #16
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Another HS FP question: WHY?!?!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #17
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Another HS FP question: WHY?!?!
Why what? Why try what I am trying? Or Why did they make those stupid Tier choices? Iím going with the second one. I just donít understand it.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:32 PM   #18
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Why what? Why try what I am trying? Or Why did they make those stupid Tier choices? Iím going with the second one. I just donít understand it.
My thoughts as to why?

1. To give the expected extra crowds the chance to get at least one decent FP, even at 30 days.

Weíll see if this works when RotR opens. Will be interesting to see availability at 30 days out from Dec 5th.

2) To increase the allure of paying for FP access when they decide to introduce that (which will probably be around the time they add FPs to the SW rides and Mickey train ride).

At which point my hunch is they will revert the tiers to those three plus Slinky as tier 1, and everything else as tier 2.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #19
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Exactly. New tier structure says "You can only have one useful FP+". Many/most WDW veterans are wondering why.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:24 PM   #20
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Exactly. New tier structure says "You can only have one useful FP+". Many/most WDW veterans are wondering why.

I was crazy and thought that the addition of more attractions would mean the removal of Tiers and not that it would mean restricting them even more than one would have thought possible.