home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-03-2019, 02:09 AM   #21
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw62803 View Post
If they like seafood, Narcoossees.

If the like steak, Yachtsman's.

California Grill timed to see fireworks is a can't miss delight.

Cinderella's Royal table is a must for deeply-devoted Disney lovers.

I know you said they don't care for ethnic food, but I can't resist saying the best thing I've ever eaten in my life is the ribs at Morimoto in Disney Springs.

Yachtsman's has best steak for the money on property. Can't really go wrong here.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:25 AM   #22
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
And yes, it will be just the 4 of us and they will have the $200 gift card for their evening out. The rest of their crew will be on their own.

I guess I misspoke when I said they don’t care for ethnic food-actually they do enjoy Chinese and Italian, just not Indian or Mediterranean.

I like the idea of Morrimoto’s. We have eaten there a couple of times and really enjoyed everything we had.

We are staying at the Riviera that trip and having dinner at Topolino’s with some other dear friends on Sunday night.

Lots of good suggestions here, now to narrow down the choices.
This is out in left field, but if they like Chinese, Nine Dragons has been getting better reviews of late - it could be a great way to combine a (hopefully) nice meal in a nice environment with the new Epcot Forever fireworks afterward.

I've not been to Morimoto's but it does get rave reviews. Also, his other restaurants I've looked at are much pricier, so it's a good way to experience a celebrity Iron Chef without extra fuss, travel, and cost.

For seafood, Paddlefish could be another good option. I know it gets mixed reviews, but I've known many people who have really enjoyed their meals there and it's a great setting. Of course, Boathouse also has a good seafood menu with a good steak menu for those who don't seafood.

I find that when I look at Disney dining experiences, I also look at the setting for how I want to round out the evening.

And, of course, you can never go wrong with California Grille and Fireworks. I'm a minority, though, in that I find several other places more interesting than CG, though I love places like Jiko and Sanaa so that may be why.

Oh - another upscale option that hasn't been mentioned - Flying Fish if you want to spend some time in the Boardwalk area (maybe a nice stroll afterward to the Skyliner for our resort!).

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:29 AM   #23
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post

Yachtsman's has best steak for the money on property. Can't really go wrong here.
I did. I'll go to Boathouse, Le Cellier, or even Kona for their $56 Ribeye before I'll go to Yachtsman again. It was a wholly over-priced unremarkable evening IMO.

Dirk

Old 08-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #24
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I am interested that there are so many good comments about the Boathouse. We have only dined there once. I remember I had a fried shrimp entree that was served in a basket and the portion was very small—I actually left there still hungry. Is that not the norm—did I just happen to pick the wrong dish? I don’t remember what John had, but both of us commented that we thought the portions to be very small. Could it have been an off night?

The more I think about it, it seems that Morimoto’s might be the right choice. My friend and I used to go for Chinese at least once a week when we worked together and had lunch together every day. I think they would be impressed with the setting and the food and I know that I have enjoyed everything I have eaten there.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:05 AM   #25
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I am interested that there are so many good comments about the Boathouse. We have only dined there once. I remember I had a fried shrimp entree that was served in a basket and the portion was very small—I actually left there still hungry. Is that not the norm—did I just happen to pick the wrong dish? I don’t remember what John had, but both of us commented that we thought the portions to be very small. Could it have been an off night?
I've left Boathouse quite stuffed, but we order appetizers, sides, entrees, and dessert. That said, I seem to remember the portions being a tad smaller on our second visit than our first (two weeks after opening).

Quote:
The more I think about it, it seems that Morimoto’s might be the right choice. My friend and I used to go for Chinese at least once a week when we worked together and had lunch together every day. I think they would be impressed with the setting and the food and I know that I have enjoyed everything I have eaten there.
I think that's a great idea for a quality, unique dining experience that shows off Disney Spring and Disney. And it's a nice stroll to Amorette's if you want an upscale dessert.

Dirk

Old 08-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #26
bakerworld
Grand Villa

I enjoyed Edison's
BILs liked Enzo's Hideway.
My sister liked STK
Dan likes the Raglan Road - I like sitting at the bar but the entertainments too loud for eating
I like the Crew Cup - cute boating theme, abbreviated Yachtsman Menu
Flying Fish
I like Narcosses but we never get a good table and it's expensive for just food
Old 09-02-2019, 05:43 PM   #27
flypwm
Two Bedroom

Jaleo (at Disney Springs) would be a strong option.
flypwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:33 PM   #28
pdude81
Grand Villa

I haven't tried the others on the list recently (other than a quick stop outside at Tiffins Nomad Lounge where the somehow the waiter made tropical snacks and drinks feel stuffy and elitist), but let me say that I loved going to Homecomin on our trip last week. They manage to make the fried chicken great without being greasy at all, and if you like to have a few drinks the moonshine they sell is great too. I can't remember ever being blown away by a chicken sandwich before. We will definitely be back.

It's definitely a laid back place and the kids meal chicken was on par with the adult entrees. I think it's worth checking out in the future either for the food or the moonshine, but if you are up for both it's a slam dunk. Their menu is online if you have interest
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:10 AM   #29
pereed11
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

If you want a quiet place to go I have heard wonderful things about Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club. This is a place I would love to go the next time we visit (in February).

I have also heard terrific things about The Turf Club Bar and Grill at Saratoga Springs.

Look at their menus and see if they are to your liking. Both I think would offer a quiet place. The Yacht Club having a bit more ambiance with being able to walk around Crescent lake and the Turf Club definitely being off the beaten path. A great chance to explore a nook you haven't been to before?

Good luck choosing!
pereed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:34 PM   #30
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

We really love The Boathouse and Narcoossees

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote