home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #31
LuckyJack
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Nice find !

Jack

DVC member since way back in 2015

LuckyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:04 AM   #32
dizfan
Grand Villa

When we were at PVB, their information was incorrect.

We used the laundry machines one time. The data on the web pages never matched what was actually happening in the room. That day, it never showed any of the machines as in use. Several dryers were in use when we walked in.
Site never reflected that.
When we started using the washing machine and eventually the dryer, the site still never updated. (I did several refreshes over an hour).

Another great idea, but it needs to work.
dizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #33
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizfan View Post
When we were at PVB, their information was incorrect.

We used the laundry machines one time. The data on the web pages never matched what was actually happening in the room. That day, it never showed any of the machines as in use. Several dryers were in use when we walked in.
Site never reflected that.
When we started using the washing machine and eventually the dryer, the site still never updated. (I did several refreshes over an hour).

Another great idea, but it needs to work.
Thanks for the update. I knew it was too good to be true...😔
Old 05-28-2015, 09:42 PM   #34
MMC1
Grand Villa

I just moved away from a condominium that had these. The really tech savvy condo members figured out how to place a hold on the available machines.. so they sat empty and not used until they decided to make their royal entrance with their laundry. Then I figured out how to unplug the washing machines and wait to plug them back in to reset them. Also had unbelievable problems swiping the credit card over and over and over They are very tech sensitive. Hopefully they have improved the technology but I hated them!
Does this mean the washer&dryers are not free anymore or soon to be not free anymore?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:59 PM   #35
CMNJ

They are still free-used them at BLT last week-really liked the website as I could track the progress while at the pool and make sure I didn't leave stuff in the machines longer than needed.
CMNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:00 PM   #36
Belle & Ariel
Two Bedroom

AKV Jambo had a sign for these in the laundry room on the 5th floor last week. I noticed the washers and dryers were new since we were there last September. Even on lowest setting the dryers were very hot.
The washers tell how many minutes the cycle takes--I think it was 34.

New AP count. Dec 10. Jan 5 (15) Feb 4 (19) March 6. (25) April/May 8 (33) June 9 (42) Sept 7 (49) Nov/Dec 4 (51)

Newest AP count. Dec 5. January 9 (14) April 9 (23) May 9 (32). August 3 Star Wars preview (35). September 7 (42). October 7 (49)
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:25 PM   #37
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Didn't work on my iPad either - very annoying.
My best guess: any web site can tell if it's being accessed by a mobile device. Some will not accept mobile access through a browser, esp if an app is available.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:13 PM   #38
ffwillie

The web site requires Adobe Flash which Apple products don't use. This is why it won't work on an iPad or iPhone.
ffwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:45 PM   #39
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwillie View Post
The web site requires Adobe Flash which Apple products don't use. This is why it won't work on an iPad or iPhone.
Makes sense. No problem on Apple desktops or laptops, just on their mobile devices.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:12 AM   #40
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwillie View Post
It doesnt work on my ipad, but it does on my iphone. i just pulled up BCV on my iphone. If it was due to flash it shouldn't work on my phone either, but it did.

Very odd.

Last edited by It's Me; 06-22-2015 at 03:31 PM.
It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote