home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
MattinColorado
Studio

Default I've said it before Disney Springs is a waste of time and Money

Does anyone actually go to Disney Springs? It just seems like a way to get you to spend more money. What a waste of a day. Am I missing something? It is a complete waste of valuable park time and at best is just a trip to the mall. I can do that where I live, while I'm not burning time on my multi-day theme park tickets
MattinColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:14 PM   #2
tom82097
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattinColorado View Post
Does anyone actually go to Disney Springs? It just seems like a way to get you to spend more money. What a waste of a day. Am I missing something? It is a complete waste of valuable park time and at best is just a trip to the mall. I can do that where I live, while I'm not burning time on my multi-day theme park tickets
Youíre right, there is not many items that are ďuniquely DisneyĒ at Disney Springs.

However, it provides a great *break* from the parks, and offers a lot of entertainment amenities, Iíve often suggested going bowling at Splitsville with my family, and I always get the same response: ďwhy would we go bowling when we can do that at home!?Ē

Because when we get home we all go back to our own, busy lives. So, in my opinion, Disney is family (or friends) time, and some of the amenities like Bowling, or some of the bars they have there are fun to spend time with each other.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:14 PM   #3
grayandry
Grand Villa

We go every trip. We spend time checking out some new restaurants and doing a little bit of shopping. My boys are looking forward to the new NBA experience. I have the feeling we might be spending a lot of time there once it opens.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:20 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

I enjoy the bars/lounges and restaurants and just wandering about. Way nicer than it used to be in the recent past, in my opinion.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:39 PM   #5
babysimba
Two Bedroom

We always spend a few hours there every trip. Seven year old GD loved the Sprinkles ATM and I loved the cupcakes the ATM dispensed.
Husband always wants a sundae from Ghiradelli, Son and his GF love The Boathouse, 13 year old loves Lego Store and so on and so on.

For us, it is just a temporary reprieve from the parks. Plus, I think it is so pretty now.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:43 PM   #6
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
I think it depends on where you live. We have a lot of the same restaurants and shops at home. For us, it isnít a big draw. If you donít have a lot of these places at home though, I do see the draw.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:59 PM   #7
DeniseKayC
Grand Villa

We usually visit DS once a trip, we enjoy some of the restaurants there and doing a bit of shopping. I would agree that if you donít enjoy wandering stores, DS is probably not for you. We like visiting the CO-OP which has some unique items, the pin shop, the big World of Disney, Art of Disney, Xmas shop, the Chocolate Ganachery, etc.
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:05 PM   #8
pereed11
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I think it has been mentioned, it really depends on what you want out of it. I think there are some great dining options. Some good shopping that only exists there. Itís a great break.

When our family goes to Disney we only spend a couple of days in the parks. We enjoy hanging out at the resorts and hitting up Disney Springs. We donít go out much with a 4 year old at home and that always seems like a family friendly evening environment to be in.
pereed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:26 PM   #9
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
I enjoy the bars/lounges and restaurants and just wandering about. Way nicer than it used to be in the recent past, in my opinion.
and they have street musicians and some free entertainment dispersed.
I do miss the Adventurer's Club from Pleasure Island, though.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:15 PM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Iím missing it too. I donít go to Disney to eat (except popcorn and Mickey bars) and I donít go to shop. I go for the parks. Disney Springs gets very little of my time or money. Too many other fun things to do!