home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Bibbity Bobbity Buying
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-17-2020, 10:04 PM   #21
suejen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDreamingDisney View Post
Since youíll be here for the winter, when it gets chilly again take a ride to Blue Springs to see the manatees. Itís awesome! Weíve gone there a few times since moving here and it still amazes me. Youíll see the most when itís quick dip in temps. We were there one day last January and there had been 121 in the spring. The other times (warmer days) we saw anywhere from 1 to 5. Still amazing to see these creatures. Plus there is a lot of wildlife there - turtles, gators, snakes, and a lot of birds if youíre into bird watching. We finally took the ecological boat trip on our last trip and we had a lot of fun. Learned a lot about the area and it was really informative. It costs $6 for a car with 2 or more passengers. If you have a big SUV with more than 6 I think they charge $8. Money well spent. Itís about 40-45 minutes from Winter Garden.
This is great info! Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Glad to read that you and Mike are loving snow-bird life! I also heard such from our mutual friend and new Floridian.
Thanks Tom! We are having a good time. We have to keep reminding each other to pace ourselves as weíre here all winter we donít have to get everything done in two weeks! 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Windsor Palms...nice. Thanks for mentioning!

I like this one (would love to know if they are selling it furnished...they are according to zillow)...

https://jerrybarker.idxbroker.com/id...etReferer=true

Anyone know if the townhomes with their own private pool (like this one) gets maintained by the HOA or homeowners?

They have a theater...how does that work? They show movies on a schedule?
Can you ask to watch, say, a football game in there?

Anyone know what they rent for? (see them on VRBO) Do they rent better when it's not covid times? The one for sale has 3 weeks booked for the rest of the year. We'd hope to rent it quite a bit more than that.
I believe these two resorts have a good reputation and are quite popular with visitors from the UK. (but, of course they wouldnít be coming this winter because of Covid travel restrictions)
I am pretty sure each owner is responsible for maintaining their own pool and itís not covered by the HOA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Ooh, you guys went to the Candlelight Processional. May have to make it over there myself...
Last minute decision Brian! We went to look at the lights in Celebration and ended up driving by the church. Iíd go again if you want to go over one night.
suejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 12:03 AM   #22
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
There is one shoveling you just escaped. Lucky dog!!! (said as I lay here with a sore back)

Very very true! Feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suejen View Post
Last minute decision Brian! We went to look at the lights in Celebration and ended up driving by the church. Iíd go again if you want to go over one night.

I could definitely be convinced...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:28 AM   #23
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

If youíre looking for Xmas lights around WDW you may want to check out ďA Night Of A Million LightsĒ. This is where all of the Osborne lights went this year. It is held at the Make A Wish Campus in Kissimmee. We went the other night and it was pretty cool event, masks are require and enforced (at least when we went). We did select the late time slot to try and miss some of the crowd.

https://www.gktw.org/lights/event.php
Old 12-18-2020, 11:09 PM   #24
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
If youíre looking for Xmas lights around WDW you may want to check out ďA Night Of A Million LightsĒ. This is where all of the Osborne lights went this year. It is held at the Make A Wish Campus in Kissimmee. We went the other night and it was pretty cool event, masks are require and enforced (at least when we went). We did select the late time slot to try and miss some of the crowd.

https://www.gktw.org/lights/event.php

We (Sue, her husband Mike, and I) were there Saturday night. Amazing! And a wonderful cause, too.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:19 PM   #25
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

OP not sure how close you want to be to WDW but have you looked at The Grove Resort? They sell condos but for the most part itís similar to DVC meant for a week or 2 rental. Itís only minutes to the park, canít vouch for seeing any fireworks but itís possible.

Also SueJen and anyone else who might be interested in going to Blue Springs on a chilly day...make sure you arrive early as they do close due to capacity! Would be a huge bummer to drive that far and not be able to get in! They do offer cabins to rent and campsites for tent camping.

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but became neighbors of the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote