home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 09-22-2020, 10:13 PM   #1
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,574
Default Thought it was gonna be a shouting match on Soarin today

Epcot had barely been open one hour & Soarin said 10 minutes. After many stops to wait including guests in front of me letting castmember know itís been a over 40 minutes they assign 2 couples to row one, 2 to row 2 and one to row 3 . Well Row one couple is still complaining to us all about the 10 minutes and then they announce they are going to have delay to sanitize .
Row 3 announces this will not be a problem after election and then another voice comment and then another with dire warning All hell will break loose if that happens. I am starting to think this is not good cause we are isolated down long hallway and no castmembers anywhere ! Miraculously cleaning was over & we entered and family did not watch the filmed instructions for seatbelts and they were using each otherís . I just wanted to get out of there!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:16 PM   #2
FessParker1
Grand Villa
 
FessParker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Epcot had barely been open one hour & Soarin said 10 minutes. After many stops to wait including guests in front of me letting castmember know itís been a over 40 minutes they assign 2 couples to row one, 2 to row 2 and one to row 3 . Well Row one couple is still complaining to us all about the 10 minutes and then they announce they are going to have delay to sanitize .
Row 3 announces this will not be a problem after election and then another voice comment and then another with dire warning All hell will break loose if that happens. I am starting to think this is not good cause we are isolated down long hallway and no castmembers anywhere ! Miraculously cleaning was over & we entered and family did not watch the filmed instructions for seatbelts and they were using each otherís . I just wanted to get out of there!
And that's why I can't wait til this is all behind us
__________________
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,574
Default

And I am still wondering why those clear plastic dividers on Livin With Land made me feel claustrophobic.
Oh mYbe cause I hate them
I would have been a bad guest behaving badly if I had torn them down !

Last edited by MMC1; 09-23-2020 at 02:03 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:28 AM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 37,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
And I am still wondering why those clear plastic dividers on Livin With Land made me feel claustrophobic.
Oh mYbe cause I hate them
I would have been a bad guest behaving badly if I had torn them down !

I find it funny that some attraction line had dividers, some do not.....and none of the exits have anything, where all social distancing just disappears.
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:15 AM   #5
Kmermaid
Two Bedroom
 
Kmermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 896
Default

Reports like this is helping me make my choice whether I even want to attempt any rides during my October trip. I keep telling myself you will be going back, stop stressing about taking the skyliner to HS in the morning, it doesn't matter that the epcot resorts can walk and get there when you can't (staying at RIV instead of my home BCV). So what if you don't get to ride the new MMRR (or whatever the abbr are) its not going anywhere. DH will not stand is a long line when he can be sitting at the pool without a mask.
__________________
Kmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:29 AM   #6
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,574
Default

The dividers in Q did not aggravate beyond being ugly & stupid .
It is the plastic sheet they have hung between each row on the Livin boat while seated. This is not a fast moving my spit might fly in your face attraction . Why not just “every other row” because now , it feels like a plastic box that distorts view . Plus ugly & stupid .
Perhaps it was the Soarin & plastic land that caused feeling of agitation .
Constant reminder being announced over speakers“ Thank you for visit now wash & sanitize & be distant makes me sad .

Last edited by MMC1; 09-23-2020 at 09:36 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #7
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmermaid View Post
Reports like this is helping me make my choice whether I even want to attempt any rides during my October trip. I keep telling myself you will be going back, stop stressing about taking the skyliner to HS in the morning, it doesn't matter that the epcot resorts can walk and get there when you can't (staying at RIV instead of my home BCV). So what if you don't get to ride the new MMRR (or whatever the abbr are) its not going anywhere. DH will not stand is a long line when he can be sitting at the pool without a mask.
I recommend early arrival & just a few hours then pool . But it does take some getting used to .
I have had many visits that were enjoyable. I hope you plan to return . Until today , the rules help to keep the crowds pleasant almost !

Last edited by MMC1; 09-23-2020 at 09:47 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:37 PM   #8
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado
 
bakerworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 5,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Epcot had barely been open one hour & Soarin said 10 minutes. After many stops to wait including guests in front of me letting castmember know itís been a over 40 minutes they assign 2 couples to row one, 2 to row 2 and one to row 3 . Well Row one couple is still complaining to us all about the 10 minutes and then they announce they are going to have delay to sanitize .
Row 3 announces this will not be a problem after election and then another voice comment and then another with dire warning All hell will break loose if that happens. I am starting to think this is not good cause we are isolated down long hallway and no cast members anywhere ! Miraculously cleaning was over & we entered and family did not watch the filmed instructions for seatbelts and they were using each otherís . I just wanted to get out of there!
A week ago we rode Sorin and they seated two family/groups per row unless the family was large (then they got the whole row). They did have a fast sanitizing delay which was so fast I figured they just sprayed everything down and I checked to see if the seat was dry before sitting down. I will say that I really enjoyed the plexiglass barrier as I have been on Sorin' with some real passive aggressive jerks whose behavior has exacerbated my obvious fear of heights. Some parts of CV19 protective separators I have enjoyed.
__________________
Janet & Dan
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:01 PM   #9
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado
 
Shewill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,949
Default

On Election Day I was standing near two fighting groups. One man kept screaming “ it is all about Fracking”

Some little boy near by said “ can he say that Mama? “

I got the giggles and had to leave the area.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software