home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #61
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty01 View Post
I hope this in the right place. If not please forgive me and I'm sure it will be moved. I got a text message from mousedining.com that a reservation was available on the date I requested. Sounds crazy, but what do I do next?? I clicked on the link in the message and it takes me to the alert details.So when I click on the date and time it takes me to the disney dining reservation page. Of course it's telling me there is a problem with the booking my reservation . Is this because of the link I'm using I wonder? So any advice would be great. I even called the disney dining reservation # and the person I talked to told me there were no reservations for that date or time!!. Frustrating.
When you get an alert you have to go on Disney dining and book yourself. If you are not quick enough it could get booked by someone else. The alert is just basically that...to alert you that there is an open resie. Then you have to be the quickest on the draw.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, March 2-9 at BLT, May 31- June 4 HHI and Sept 28- Oct 4 at BWV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:34 PM   #62
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I hope this in the right place. If not please forgive me and I'm sure it will be moved. I got a text message from mousedining.com that a reservation was available on the date I requested. Sounds crazy, but what do I do next?? I clicked on the link in the message and it takes me to the alert details.So when I click on the date and time it takes me to the disney dining reservation page. Of course it's telling me there is a problem with the booking my reservation . Is this because of the link I'm using I wonder? So any advice would be great. I even called the disney dining reservation # and the person I talked to told me there were no reservations for that date or time!!. Frustrating.
Somebody else booked it between the time it was found and notified you and by the time you tried to book it. What you did was correct but someone else saw it too and booked it up.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #63
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
When you get that alert, you have to be QUICK!
And FYI, I would get the text message alert well in advance of the email alert...so the email would be so delayed that I am sure I would never have secured a difficult ressie if I had relied only on that email.
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:33 PM   #64
TexasChick
Grand Villa

DH and I talked it over. We are going to try out BOG in March. We've never been for dinner, and if it stinks, we won't go back. Hopefully we enjoy it. Thanks everyone for all the advice and opinions. I will circle back around after the March trip and let you all know how it goes...
Old 12-08-2018, 08:40 PM   #65
Spartan86
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
DH and I talked it over. We are going to try out BOG in March. We've never been for dinner, and if it stinks, we won't go back. Hopefully we enjoy it. Thanks everyone for all the advice and opinions. I will circle back around after the March trip and let you all know how it goes...
We just grabbed one for next week. Ill let yall know.
Spartan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:57 PM   #66
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post

Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:11 PM   #67
rusty01
Studio

Default Mousedining

Thanks Lamima,Goofygrl, and Nicsmom!! Next time I'll be quicker!! I didn't expect to get it anyway. So it was pretty cool even though I didn't get there in time!
rusty01 is offline   Reply With Quote