home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Epcot DVC resort do you prefer?
BWV 114 51.12%
BCV 109 48.88%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #21
AnnaS
Grand Villa

I voted BCV - own here.

We really don't mind the walk at all but Epcot is literally steps away from the entrance. They both have great features and would not have a problem staying at either one. Since we own at BCV - this is where we book. Have only stayed at the BWV once.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:38 AM   #22
MOTed
One Bedroom

I voted BCV although we haven't stayed at either resort yet. Main reasons are:
  1. SAB
  2. Short walk to Epcot

We have a week in BCV 1BR coming in May.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:42 AM   #23
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Own at neither, but have stayed at both a handful of times. My winner is BCV.

I picked it for the location and feel. It's much smaller, much more quiet IMO and more relaxed. I like how I can easily get to food and stores without being exposed to a lot of elements. I also like how it is much closer IMO to Epcot. Parking is much easier there too.

I don't like that it is harder to get into and that the points seem high for the views you don't get. I am also not a big fan of SAB but I enjoy the quiet pool.

BWV I do like, but I don't really care for the theming. I've had more bad run ins with CMs at BWV than anywhere else. The rooms feel daker and smaller to me. I dislike that all shops have only outdoor entries (cannot easily walk from one to the other without leaving all together).

I do like the points for standard views. I've had a much easier time getting rooms there at the 7 month or less mark. The location is nice and we really like the Community Hall there.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:01 AM   #24
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

We are a split family...

DW likes BCV better. Says it is closer to EPCOT, Better pool, has better QS food, and the balconies are private.

I say BWV better, has better restaurants, has views from the room including some of fireworks even if you discount the BWV views (BCV views are BORING for a guy with ADD like me), and it is a clown people..they are funny, not scary, and finally, love the evening entertainment...

For some reason I cannot convince her she is the wrong one.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #25
DonJose
One Bedroom

While I like both I prefer BWV for its theme and room view categories.

DonJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:40 AM   #26
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

By way of reparations, let me list all the positive qualities of BWV I can think of.

-- If you want to walk to two parks, BWV is your best choice. It is much closer to DHS than BCV (BWV 0.71 mi*, BCV 1.18 mi) (and even slightly closer than the Swan), and it really isn't much farther from Epcot than BCV. (BCV 0.29 mi, BWV 0.41 mi)
*all distances measured from DVC resort lobby by Google Earth. some BWV rooms are as little as 0.6 mi from DHS.

-- BWV/BWI has the shortest *drive* from a resort to a theme park. From BW parking lot to DHS parking gate is 0.3 mi.

-- BWV/BWI *is* unique in being designed from the beginning as a joint DVC/Deluxe resort.

-- Boardwalk view is definitely one of the three best resort views. We once had a second floor BW view suite; one evening a juggler was performing right under our balcony, and we went on the balcony to watch. The balls he was juggling came right up to our level and it seemed we could reach out and grab them! The crowd was watching us as well as him. A unique experience.

-- BWV/BWI has 4 TS restaurants; only GF has more. (Dolphin also has 4.)

-- BWI has the smallest convention center among WDW resorts.

-- BWI has the Garden Cottage Suites (AKA "Honeymoon suites"), unique two-level suites with their own garden and entrance gate, see http://allears.net/acc/g_bwi.htm. These are accessed from a beautiful enclosed courtyard that I'll bet 50%+ of BWV guests have never seen.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)

Last edited by erikthewise; 02-28-2015 at 10:17 AM.
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:03 AM   #27
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Another vote for BWVs for all the same reasons already listed. We own there and as we get older, appreciate the closer walk to the boat dock. We have stayed at BCVs and enjoyed it as well but BWVs has our heart.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:04 AM   #28
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
-- BWI has the Garden Cottage Suites (AKA "Honeymoon suites"), unique two-level suites with their own garden and entrance gate, see http://allears.net/acc/g_bwi.htm. These are accessed from a beautiful enclosed courtyard that I'll bet 50%+ of BWV guests have never seen.
Did not know about these. I am trying to convince one or both of my DDs to get married at WDW (at the Boardwalk). They could stay in one of these suites (if only for a night or 2...they must be expensive). I will have to show them the pics.

Found video of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpO4Do3t8c8

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Aug 27-30 HHI / Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / June 7-10, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & Sept 4, 2021 NCL Pride of America

Last edited by Lamima; 02-28-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:10 AM   #29
permavac10
One Bedroom

BWV was why I wanted to buy DVC in the first place. I do like BC (more so now than my very first stay there when I had super noisy neighbors who turned me off to the place) and it definitely has one up on BWV with the indoor eateries and the pool, but I just feel better about BWV. It has that certain je ne sais quoi...

Terri
permavac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #30
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Did not know about these. I am trying to convince one or both of my DDs to get married at WDW (at the Boardwalk). They could stay in one of these suites (if only for a night or 2...they must be expensive). I will have to show them the pics.

Found video of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpO4Do3t8c8
You could say that... http://www.mousesavers.com/2015-boar...-season-dates/ scroll down to "Garden Room" rates
Stay more than a night or two and she'll have to honeymoon at Daytona Beach

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote