home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 01:10 PM   #31
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcort10 View Post
I, too, am very surprised that the rental agencies have "allowed" this to even become a reality!
It's not up to the car rental agencies to approve or deny. CFX (the provider of this particular toll tag) has every legal right to provide toll tags that work on the FL roadways they own and operate. Also, CFX has an interoperability agreement with SunPass to accept each others toll tags on their respective roadways (so SunPass has no legal standing to try and stop it either).
Old 05-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #32
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
If you travel on any of the tolled Express Lanes in FL, you MUST have a transponder (sticker or portable) mounted in the vehicle. The FL Express Lanes don't accept cash nor do they do toll-by-plate.

I have traveled on them extensively for work with "toll by plate" The bill from National is EXACTLY what I expected it to be. I am charged the standard tolls with the National processing fee. (*My company prefers this method to a lot of the others on here because of some of the downfalls... like forgetting to "unenroll" a car and getting billed for the next user.

The only place we have NOT been successful was California and at this point we just try to avoid the toll roads.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:38 AM   #33
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

This has been extended thru August 31th.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:05 AM   #34
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
This has been extended thru August 31th.
Cool. Thanks!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:27 PM   #35
DisneyPhD
One Bedroom

I ended up using this at the beginning of June. It was very simple to pick up the hang tag from one of the people stationed on the ground floor of MCO. It worked perfectly and saved the equivalent of almost one toll so about 25%. I handed the tag back on my way back into the main building. They unregistered the rental car and I was off. Really convenient, easy, faster than stopping to pay cash for tolls and cheaper too.

The only minor issue was that the email from them went to my junk email folder so I had to go looking for it but it was very easy to track the usage.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:02 AM   #36
OffToTheMouse
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
Sunpass works with toll-by-plate. Buy a $5 sticker transponder so that you can create an account. Then, when you pick up a rental car, you can add the plate number and vehicle details as a rental in the mobile app. The system will bill the account by the plate and you don't ever need a transponder in the car.
This is what we do. But I actually have a transponder cause I drive in other parts of FL often. Adding the rental plate is so easy on the app.
OffToTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:45 PM   #37
cougr
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We are traveling within the recently expanded deadline for Visitor Toll Pass. This seems like the way to go over purchasing a SunPass for this one trip?
cougr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:59 PM   #38
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougr View Post
We are traveling within the recently expanded deadline for Visitor Toll Pass. This seems like the way to go over purchasing a SunPass for this one trip?
Yep. You get the benefit of paying the reduced electronic toll price and you don't need to maintain a pre-paid account with either of the main FL toll authorities (SunPass or E-PASS).
Old 06-30-2019, 06:05 PM   #39
Spartan86
One Bedroom

We used it in June and it was super easy. One thing I read on another thread was that the hours for pick up start at 9, so if you are arriving on a redeye it could be an issue. Other than that I canít say enough. We donít typically rent but I would use it again in a heartbeat.
Spartan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:49 PM   #40
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougr View Post
For one trip, I'd do this. If you plan on going multiple times, seems easier to get the SunPass and be done with it.

Cheers.