home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2019, 06:28 AM   #11
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Not really seeing this impact our trips to WDW. I guess its good for locals?
For Disney trips it would depend for us. I really do not like ME. So having options is good.

I see this more for locals or those who want to see more of the state. It could help us with travels to family. It could also help those who have to fly in and out of other locations.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:18 AM   #12
Rozzie
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Not really seeing this impact our trips to WDW. I guess its good for locals?
It has the potential to be a HUGE game changer for thousands that visit and live in Central Florida. It is a bigger world than just DVCers!

Most importantly it could greatly improve the quality of life for many CMs who use public transport to get to/from work. I am always so surprised everyday the number of CMs that depend on public transit.
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:20 AM   #13
FessParker1
Grand Villa

I wouldn't care if I had to take a train from Tampa to MCO or WDW. We flew out of Tampa last visit and the plane was half full
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:37 AM   #14
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
I wouldn't care if I had to take a train from Tampa to MCO or WDW. We flew out of Tampa last visit and the plane was half full
Lucky! Our last few flights in and out were booked solid. We have family in Tampa so we do it often.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:05 AM   #15
Joeli
Two Bedroom

For DW and myself that used to live in New York City and live about 2.5 hours southeast of WDW I can say that we saw this and thought "About time for the state of Florida"! Certainly it will bring more people to the parks, the convenience of not needing a car to get to/from the parks should be a nice addition for people that are tired of the drive.

Personally, I can say that we enjoy having our own car when we travel, but I think we would certainly try the train with the kids, dependent upon how long of a train ride (point to point) it is. This might make weekend travel much more convenient. Drive to west palm beach station, board the train, relax, eat, drink, watch a movie, get off and grab an uber/lyft and get to the resort. Either way, if they say it is like 2-3 years off I say double the time to get it done. In 5 years who knows what will be....

Upcoming:
Feb 2020 - BWV
Dec/Jan 2020 - SSR (waitlisted for PVB)/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas
Nov 2019 - BWV
Oct 2019 - BWV
Sept 2019 - BLT
Aug 2019 - Hilton Bonnett creek

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:36 AM   #16
Jillybean315
Two Bedroom

It will be interesting to see if this becomes the new norm for Disney transportation. I can see how this would save $$$$ for Disney by being able to cut out the cost of running the ME to and from MCO. Better for the environment as well.

Disney Trips:
POR-Riverside: June, 2011
Off Proprety: June, 2012
All Star Movies: December, 2012
All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge: June, 2013
Coronado Springs: Dec., 2013 & Dec. 2014
Boardwalk Villas: Jan., 2016 (1st DVC Visit)
Beach Club Villas & POR Riverside: Sept, 2016
Polynesian Villas & Bay Lake Tower:June, 2017
Old Key West: Jan., 2018
Split Stay Off Property & Saratoga Springs: June, 2019

Coming Soon: Beach Club: Jan., 2020

(Me) (DH) (DS age 14) (DD age 11)

Jillybean315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:42 AM   #17
Joeli
Two Bedroom

We were looking at some Satellite photos and were trying to figure out where they may bring in the train to WDW. Speculation of course...but you think would it not make sense to bring it in near the TTC? After all from there you can kind of get anywhere you need to go...

Upcoming:
Feb 2020 - BWV
Dec/Jan 2020 - SSR (waitlisted for PVB)/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas
Nov 2019 - BWV
Oct 2019 - BWV
Sept 2019 - BLT
Aug 2019 - Hilton Bonnett creek

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:43 AM   #18
pdude81
Grand Villa

This will be great if we can take a train to Tampa sometimes. My parents live over there and I wouldn't have to rent a car to go see them or try to guess when they'd show up at WDW to plan meals/rides.

Also, yes, it would be nice to be able to just fly out of a different airport if need be.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:45 AM   #19
Jillybean315
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Also, yes, it would be nice to be able to just fly out of a different airport if need be.

I know that flying to Tampa is usually much cheaper than MCO from Dallas. That would definitely be an advantage for us!

Disney Trips:
POR-Riverside: June, 2011
Off Proprety: June, 2012
All Star Movies: December, 2012
All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge: June, 2013
Coronado Springs: Dec., 2013 & Dec. 2014
Boardwalk Villas: Jan., 2016 (1st DVC Visit)
Beach Club Villas & POR Riverside: Sept, 2016
Polynesian Villas & Bay Lake Tower:June, 2017
Old Key West: Jan., 2018
Split Stay Off Property & Saratoga Springs: June, 2019

Coming Soon: Beach Club: Jan., 2020

(Me) (DH) (DS age 14) (DD age 11)

Jillybean315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:47 AM   #20
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
We were looking at some Satellite photos and were trying to figure out where they may bring in the train to WDW. Speculation of course...but you think would it not make sense to bring it in near the TTC? After all from there you can kind of get anywhere you need to go...
I think Disney would rather have the stop be at the periphery of their land just to make it so that anyone who found their way to a resort or the TTC had to intentionally try to get there through scanning their band and getting on a bus or by paying to take other transportation in.

I also wouldn't want someone else's easement cutting right through the heart of my multi-billion dollar theme park network. Definitely better for logistics to stop near the TTC, but a little uglier for unknown future construction as well as security.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote