home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-03-2019, 10:10 PM   #71
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I think how someone spends money is a very personal decision

There are pros and cons to every decision. After youíve given it some thought, just make the decision that feels right for you.
Agreed. My approach (and I know this won't work for everyone) is to simply ignore inconsiderate, insensitive and inane comments made by a bunch of strangers on the internet. I know that a number of folks have certainly done that toward me

Congratulations on your decision. it's yours, and no one else's.

Cheers.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #72
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
I am also reminded of how I didn't purchase Bay Lake Tower when it first opened, because I thought the price was too high. Well, I not only ended up paying nearly 50% more, just 5 years later, on the Resale market. I also missed out on those 5 years of vacations there. Putting off the purchase at BLT didn't save me a thing.
Just my opinion, but I think BLT is a pretty special beast. Will Riviera also be a special beast? Not for me, but maybe it will be for most other people.

As I always say, it's nigh-on-impossible to time the market. Maybe resale prices will go up. Maybe they will go down. No one knows for sure.

Quote:
I think how someone spends money is a very personal decision. What may be right for one person may be wrong for another. As Iíve told a few already, I wish I wouldíve kept my decision to buy Riviera to myself. The amount of negative things people have said is unbelievable to me.
Really? Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure Riviera will be perfect for your family! It wouldn't be the right purchase for my family, but I'm not arrogant enough (I hope) to tell someone else what would be right for their family. Don't let the naysayers spoil your joy in ownership at a beautiful new resort!
Sephorin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:32 PM   #73
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
The only June price I have seen was the CCV price of $210 which they emailed out to everyone.
For the Riviera price increase, I have heard $220. But I said that before and was wrong.
Sephorin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:06 PM   #74
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
I think how someone spends money is a very personal decision. What may be right for one person may be wrong for another. As Iíve told a few already, I wish I wouldíve kept my decision to buy Riviera to myself. The amount of negative things people have said is unbelievable to me. There have been far more negative comments than positive ones. I do accept that I invited the criticism whether directly or indirectly by posting on a message board that I bought Riviera. I wonít make the mistake of sharing any more decisions on what we buy or more likely sell on message boards anymore. If you think itís a resort that you and your family would enjoy, then you shouldnít feel bad about buying there. Itís your money and your decision. There are pros and cons to every decision. After youíve given it some thought, just make the decision that feels right for you.
I am glad you shared your decision to purchase. I was almost going to myself...until my son who has anxiety (will not ride monorail) told me he will not ride the gondolas. I think it is a beautiful resort and you are young and have a young family. If i were buying an epcot resort as a young family, I would absolutely buy there. That is why I asked if you would sell BWV since it expires in 2042. In my case I might expire before BCV expires, all my addons are now for my kids. Enjoy RR it is a beautiful resort, and you were smart to buy now, as I am sure it will soon go over 200 per point.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:18 AM   #75
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Agreed. My approach (and I know this won't work for everyone) is to simply ignore inconsiderate, insensitive and inane comments made by a bunch of strangers on the internet. I know that a number of folks have certainly done that toward me

Cheers.

But wait.....We are all experts and you must heed our words!!
Old 04-04-2019, 05:19 AM   #76
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Enjoy RR it is a beautiful resort, and you were smart to buy now, as I am sure it will soon go over 200 per point.

If not soon, I expect DRR to zoom to $200 pp with a year.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:18 AM   #77
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Since my kids are not interested, I will watch from the sidelines to see if there are any good deals resale...might make a small resale plunge if the price is right but it would have to be small as it would only be for DH and I for a long weekend
Old 04-04-2019, 08:33 AM   #78
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post

Cheers.
Thank you, and you are right that I shouldn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
Really? Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure Riviera will be perfect for your family! It wouldn't be the right purchase for my family, but I'm not arrogant enough (I hope) to tell someone else what would be right for their family. Don't let the naysayers spoil your joy in ownership at a beautiful new resort!
Thank you. I plan to enjoy many vacations there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I am glad you shared your decision to purchase. I was almost going to myself...until my son who has anxiety (will not ride monorail) told me he will not ride the gondolas. I think it is a beautiful resort and you are young and have a young family. If i were buying an epcot resort as a young family, I would absolutely buy there. That is why I asked if you would sell BWV since it expires in 2042. In my case I might expire before BCV expires, all my addons are now for my kids. Enjoy RR it is a beautiful resort, and you were smart to buy now, as I am sure it will soon go over 200 per point.
Thanks. I hope this decision was timed correctly mostly because I would've liked to hold off on buying until the end of the year when we plan to sell BWV, but the potential price increases make me nervous. As I've already said, at worst, we bought something that will give us decades of memories with friends and family that we will hang onto if resale prices do tank and sell off some of the others. That's a pretty great worst case scenario. I'm not convinced resale prices will be as low as some others think, but what do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Really? Yikes. I thought it may go into the $190s for quite some time and sit there, but I have only seen some of the Poly direct sales period and the CCV sales. Do you remember how quickly CCV and Poly increased? I am sure there is a chart somewhere listing all of this stuff, but I don't seem to see it.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:58 AM   #79
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:

Thanks. I hope this decision was timed correctly mostly because I would've liked to hold off on buying until the end of the year when we plan to sell BWV, but the potential price increases make me nervous. As I've already said, at worst, we bought something that will give us decades of memories with friends and family that we will hang onto if resale prices do tank and sell off some of the others. That's a pretty great worst case scenario. I'm not convinced resale prices will be as low as some others think, but what do I know?
My family is in the same boat. We might have added on after checking out the resort in person with gondola transportation, after a year of points vanished and they started offering incentives. Then they went ahead and gave better incentives now than I expected a year from now, with the 51st year of almost free points.

Quote:
Really? Yikes. I thought it may go into the $190s for quite some time and sit there, but I have only seen some of the Poly direct sales period and the CCV sales. Do you remember how quickly CCV and Poly increased? I am sure there is a chart somewhere listing all of this stuff, but I don't seem to see it.
The last few years they've been rising about $6 per year, but sometimes it's two $3 increases and sometimes 1 at $6. The early 2017 increase was only $5 but I expect that was a blip as the next two were $6. Poly had a $5 owner sale the first month before they brought all current resorts to a $165 baseline, but I don't believe they offered any incentives for owners at CCV launch. I didn't press my guide for more details so if I'm wrong on that someone will correct me. This busines off having near 20ish dollars per point at launch is unprecedented in recent memory. I wouldn't be surprised if they had done something like this for BLT or Aulani given the economy at the time, but I sure we'd just be looking at the $188 for Riviera launch with a potential for a 3 or 4 dollar mid-year increase if sales were strong. At this point, just going back to $188 without incentives would be a huge price hike.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:04 AM   #80
pdude81
Grand Villa

Although I should note that the successful model of creating a DVC active-resort point cost (read: currency) seemed to show up when Ken Potrock did, and with a new person in charge things could be less predictable moving forward. Since they did the usual $6 increase in 2019 I am using all the same logic I would have before until they show me something different.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote