home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-13-2019, 04:16 PM   #51
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
I am not worried, just because I have time before my flight, which gives a little time for them to work on what happened and improves safety. I could feel differently if I was getting on a flight today. The airlines in Canada are not being co-operative with people who have concerns. If you donít want to get on the flight, pay the cancellation fee. I donít agree with the stance of pay the cencellation fee if you donít want to fly on that plane or the stance that the airlines had confidence in these planes. How can you have confidence? You donít know what happened yet. It feels like they are saying it just to protect profits...which is the problem with corporations.
But Canada already grounded these planes though, didnít they? Or do you mean people who are just scared of flying now, in which case, to be brutally honest, I agree with charging them the cancellation fee.

The point is moot with the 737 MAX planes anyway now, with both Canada and the US grounding them.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:29 PM   #52
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMO View Post
Just read this USA Today article referencing some American pilot complaints about this plane.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...sh/3145393002/

Canada has now grounded MAX 8 so it's pretty much limited to US domestic operations now. I hope decisions are being made in the name of safety above all else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
US is grounding 737 MAX 8 and MAX 9.

Anything in the air right now will proceed to destination.
Yep, saw that this afternoon. One of my May flights is on the Max 9. I'll be curious to see what it's changed to or if United will just assume it's all going to be sorted out by then.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:05 PM   #53
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
But Canada already grounded these planes though, didnít they? Or do you mean people who are just scared of flying now, in which case, to be brutally honest, I agree with charging them the cancellation fee.

The point is moot with the 737 MAX planes anyway now, with both Canada and the US grounding them.
Until the Max 8ís weíre grounded by the government, if you were booked on a flight and it was a Max 8 and you didnít want to fly on it, you paid the cancellation fee. I donít agree with that given the questions around the safety concerns. If it was another aircraft, by all means charge the fee. Moot point now that they are grounded.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:23 PM   #54
SAMAYA
Studio

Southwest did make a statement earlier today....

ďWe are working with customers individually who wish to rebook their flight to another aircraft type. While we donít charge change fees as it is, we will be waiving any potential fare differences there might be in this particular situation.Ē

But, the 737 Max has since been grounded and here's the latest statement issued by the FAA.

3/13/19 3:00pm Update
Statement from the FAA on Ethiopian Airlines

The FAA is ordering the temporary grounding of Boeing 737 MAX aircraft (PDF) operated by U.S. airlines or in U.S. territory. The agency made this decision as a result of the data gathering process and new evidence collected at the site and analyzed today. This evidence, together with newly refined satellite data available to FAA this morning, led to this decision.

The grounding will remain in effect pending further investigation, including examination of information from the aircraftís flight data recorders and cockpit voice recorders. An FAA team is in Ethiopia assisting the NTSB as parties to the investigation of the Flight 302 accident. The agency will continue to investigate.

https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=93206
SAMAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:10 PM   #55
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post

Anything in the air right now will proceed to destination.
We hope...

Cheers.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:34 PM   #56
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

The saga continues....I hope this link works

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/boei...iata-1.4442863
Old 05-30-2019, 03:02 PM   #57
capeokw56
Grand Villa

The Southwest website's travel advisory says that their Max 8's are still grounded.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:12 PM   #58
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
The Southwest website's travel advisory says that their Max 8's are still grounded.
The article says that it will be until August likely.