home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 12:19 PM   #41
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite4 View Post
We are going with our DD and family and will be paying for all meals that I expect to charge to the room and settle up when we get home. I have thought about getting a $500 gift card to give them when I'm not with them in the parks, but then I read where you cannot use a gc when preordering by mobile when in the parks. You have to use an actual cc or charge to your MB. I guess I'll just give the adults charging privileges.

This thread has been very informative. Thx.
The only payment methods accepted for mobile food ordering via the MDE mobile app are:
  • Credit/Debit card stored in MDE app
  • Quick Service Dining Plan credits

Room charge is not an available payment method.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:40 PM   #42
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
The only payment methods accepted for mobile food ordering via the MDE mobile app are:
  • Credit/Debit card stored in MDE app
  • Quick Service Dining Plan credits

Room charge is not an available payment method.
Oops, I actually meant cc stored on the MDE app.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:28 PM   #43
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Since most of our trip will be paid by gift card, I'll double check with the front desk when the actual charging happens (there seem to be different reports). However, I'm prepared to just keep the gift card with us and use it for TS meals, which would be the bulk of our charging, and charge mobile ordering and incidentals to the room via MB. It will be easier to catch those and pay down before charging happens, and if we miss, then it's not like a huge chunk of the trip just got charged.

The really need to figure out how to attach a gift card to your Magic Band. I'm certain that they don't do it because of refund requests, but just make guests confirm they are aware that once added, it cannot be refunded back. Or else, let the guest use the MB balance to purchase a new gift card.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #44
jbethel77
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I wish they would just process a charge to your card (not a hold/pre-auth after every $100) each time you use your magic band for charges. Or once you get to a certain amount. A gift card would be great for this too...
Or even better, just charge your daily room balance at the end of every day or over night. You would start fresh with a $0 balance each morning. You'd still have a charge come through from Disney every day, but it'd be all from the same place..plus it would eliminate all of the holds that may or may not drop off in an acceptable amount of time.

I'm not an expert though...and that might not work for everyone. It's just how I see it being more simple.
jbethel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:08 PM   #45
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbethel77 View Post
I wish they would just process a charge to your card (not a hold/pre-auth after every $100) each time you use your magic band for charges. Or once you get to a certain amount. A gift card would be great for this too...
Or even better, just charge your daily room balance at the end of every day or over night. You would start fresh with a $0 balance each morning. You'd still have a charge come through from Disney every day, but it'd be all from the same place..plus it would eliminate all of the holds that may or may not drop off in an acceptable amount of time.

I'm not an expert though...and that might not work for everyone. It's just how I see it being more simple.
It's a pretty draconian system considering that holds aren't dropping off and charging seems to be happening at unpredictable amounts and frequency. If anything about this is complicated for a guest or creates issues, definitely let Disney know.

I'm sure they must be getting tons of fraudulent charges to do it this way, but if they make it too complicated, guests will just turn to other means of paying causing Disney to sabotage the simplicity of the MB system.

Dirk

Old 03-25-2019, 04:25 PM   #46
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
My understanding from the first thread, and what I read elsewhere, was that the actual charge still wouldn’t come until you had reached the limit..... $1500 if I recall correctly.
So, we are here now. They just charged our credit card at $1250. And we have started over.

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani
2/14-2/17 SSR
2/17-2/21 BWV
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:28 PM   #47
jbethel77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateLinda View Post
So, we are here now. They just charged our credit card at $1250. And we have started over.
This is encouraging...
Did you have holds on your card on top of the $1250?
Old 03-25-2019, 04:41 PM   #48
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateLinda View Post
Quote:
This is encouraging...
Did you have holds on your card on top of the $1250?
I can't find the particular FAQ on the Disney website right now, but I believe Dinsey's policy is to charge at the 3rd or 4th night and then every 3-4 nights and your last night.

The holds may eliminate the credit limit policy as if there is a hold, a credit limit really isn't needed.

Dirk

Old 03-25-2019, 04:45 PM   #49
jbethel77

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I can't find the particular FAQ on the Disney website right now, but I believe Dinsey's policy is to charge at the 3rd or 4th night and then every 3-4 nights and your last night.

The holds may eliminate the credit limit policy as if there is a hold, a credit limit really isn't needed.

Dirk
You're right, I keep forgetting about the 5th night being when they process the actual charges. All of the reports on how the holds are being handled and how its affecting their available credit, fraud alerts, etc. has me distracted from the policy on how they send through the real charge.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:51 PM   #50
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
You're right, I keep forgetting about the 5th night being when they process the actual charges. All of the reports on how the holds are being handled and how its affecting their available credit, fraud alerts, etc. has me distracted from the policy on how they send through the real charge.
5th night! That's right. I wish I could find the link to the FAQ.

Dirk