home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-07-2019, 01:59 PM   #11
CLSCT
One Bedroom

1. BWV - If I could only stay here the rest of my time, I would and I'd be very happy about it. I love everything about it; the style, the location, the music in the lobby, the rooms, amenities, walking distance to parks, love the Belle Vue Lounge for my morning coffee, walking around the lake to BCV for dinner or drinks, walking to EPCOT, the Quiet Pool, Community Hall, outdoor pool table and Corn Hole, etc. I could go on and on. I hate it when I have to stay other places in fact.

2. BCV - not the same as my Boardwalk, but my second choice.

3. OKW/SSR - tie - these are my other choices if 1 and 2 aren't available

4. AKV - last resort, literally. Too far from everything.

DVC Member Since 1999
CLSCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:14 PM   #12
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I want to start off staying that the first three are really close to each other for me (and us as a whole). They could probably be interchanged in order depending on mood.

1. PVB - IMO the best location for those who like Epcot and MK. Walk to the TTC to hop on the transportation you need. Good food options and an easy walk to more at GF. Love the themes, and love the connecting studios which gives each party their own real bed to sleep in. Resort was the first actual resort we stayed in after falling in love while visiting in '82. Great pools too and very relaxing feel there. Really fantastic CMs as a whole in all of our stays.

2. OKW - I love the feel of this resort. So laid back and so spacious. We love the boat ride to Disney Springs. The CMs there are the best I've ever had. Good activities at the pool and CH. Nice pools too. Really feels like home.

3. AKL - Kidani is our favorite of the two. Sanaa is great, the pool at Kidani is wonderful. Again great activities at the resort. We could probably spend a week there only at the resort and never tire of it.

4. WL - okay I'm throwing CCV and BRV together. Really it's all the same to me except picking which room works or appeals more. The DVC pool is quite nice. Rarely busy and preferable to us over the main pool. Enjoy Geyser Point and all that you can do in the lobby by way of tours and hunts. Very peaceful there.

5. Boardwalk Villas - now this one flips back and forth with BCV honestly. Closer to walk to DHS which is nice. Closer to great food options at Swalphin. Main pool slide is nice. Love the Community Hall here, quiet pool is fantastic too. Rooms on the small size.

6. Beach Club Villas - it is so comfortable there. I like the walk to Epcot a lot. Love being connected to YC (better food for sure there). Rooms feel on the smaller side. Not a fan of the main pool, but quiet pool is great. Balconies are pathetic. Pretty bad views.

7. Bay Lake Tower - nice size of rooms. Decor appeals to some in my family a lot. The monorail can be frustrating at times, and the walk to MK isn't always the best. Pool on the small side. CH is nice though not as much as the others.

8. VGF - yep low on the list. The location annoys me. No very quick way to get to MK (the boat goes to Polynesian before MK and the monorail annoys me at times). I cannot stand the theme of the resort. Had a kind of rude run in with some CMs so...

9. SSR - I have not stayed here since before it was completed, it was that bad to me. Dislike the walks of the hallways to get to the room. The theme leaves me feeling cold and the room size/layout is like ones I'm not a huge fan of. I don't like how sprawling it is there too. Just not a fan of it at all.

Really I only seem to avoid SSR. I cannot get the guys to agree to VGF (they haven't been) so I need them to test it out sometime. We'll likely do the treehouse villas sometime, but not rushing to do it since car rentals are so high now. Btw SSR, do golf carts at the treehouse villas please & thank you and we'll stay more often.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #13
JacksonFive
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

VGF > BRV > BWV > AKV > OKW > SSR

Would love to be at any of them right now though!

Last edited by JacksonFive; 02-07-2019 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Forgot AKV!
JacksonFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #14
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

I am a senior , a renter who uses a scooter and often stayed solo .

I would rank them

1. BCV
2. BWV
3. VGF
4.Polly
5 Ak. Club level

None of the others interest me

Last edited by Shewill; 02-07-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:38 PM   #15
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
4. BCV - And they need a better quick service restaurant!
5. BWV - It also lacks a true quick service restaurant.
BCV doesn't have a QS restaurant as such. Just a counter and grocery case in the Marketplace. And the food is not very good -- not that it could be sitting out in the open all day. I tend to think of Boardwalk Bakery as the QS for Beach Club, and now you tell me it doesn't even count!
Rumor is there's a new Ale & Compass QS place in YC. Have to check it out next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
1 - BCV My first DVC love.
No ridiculous 1/2 hour walks to the room.
The thing about BCV is that the walks balance out. The closer you are to Epcot, the farther you are from the parking lot, and vice versa.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)

Last edited by erikthewise; 02-07-2019 at 02:57 PM.
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:38 PM   #16
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

1. VGF

2. CCV/BRV

3. VGC

4. AKV-Jambo House

5. VB

6. HHI

7. BWV

8. OKW

Still need to stay at BLT and BCV, and Aulani .Hoping to trade with a MO in the future. Have no desire to stay at SSR.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:38 PM   #17
babysimba
Two Bedroom

I just asked this very question to my husband last night! Ironic that you posted this today.

Ok, I'll try to answer, but this is a hard one for me as I love them all in different ways. BTW, my answers vary slightly from my husband's.

Wilderness Lodge: WL is my true love. The resort appeals to me on so many levels. I love the feeling I have when I am there. I love the peacefulness, the landscaping, Geyser point B&G, the ferry to MK, the Lobby, the Christmas tree. I just love everything about it! Plus, we stayed in the cabins and that was amazing.

BCV: This was a hard one for me because the resort itself, to us , was just, 'meh. We stayed in a 2 bedroom and we liked the space well enough, but there were some things I hated. Ok, I really only hated all the doors in the master bedroom. I hated that layout. I also thought the tub was in a weird spot. In other vacation condo's we have rented, the master bedroom had its own private en suite and the 2nd bedroom had the shared bathroom. And here is where I get flamed... I didn't love SAB. I know, I know. Weird. Truthfully, if it was just my husband and I, we would have been content with the quiet pool. The food we ordered from the quick service was, well, gross. Maybe just an off night? We loved the drinks from the pool bar at BCV, so a positive. Despite all the above, the proximity to Epcot superceded all the negatives. For that reason alone, we LOVED BCV and would absolutely stay there again. qui

Yacht Club- I know. I know, not DVC, but we loved it there for all the above reasons.

BayLake- Loved room layout of 2 bedroom. Walking to MK, love the energy of The Contemporary. Pool was just ok (for kids). For us , it was fine.

Animal kingdom- Loved animals, lobby, pool theming, restaurants. However, AK was not my husbands favorite at all. For some reason, the dark hallways also triggered my friends migraines. She thinks from squinting. The same thing happened when her classroom (teacher) was off a dark hallway. Don't think we would ever stay a whole week at AK, but love it for split stays.

OKW- Loved all the space in the GV, the point chart, the ferry to DS and the light and airy colors/theming. Also found the view of the golf course to be relaxing. Truthfully, OKW would be tied with AK.

We are DVC newbies (2015), so that is it for us.

Fun thread!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:16 PM   #18
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post

BCV doesn't have a QS restaurant as such. Just a counter and grocery case in the Marketplace. And the food is not very good -- not that it could be sitting out in the open all day. I tend to think of Boardwalk Bakery as the QS for Beach Club, and now you tell me it doesn't even count!
Rumor is there's a new Ale & Compass QS place in YC. Have to check it out next time.

The thing about BCV is that the walks balance out. The closer you are to Epcot, the farther you are from the parking lot, and vice versa.
See, I was trying not to be all negative about BCV. The marketplace could definitely use more variety. Their chocolate chip cookies arenít even as good as they used to be. . The Boardwalk Bakery is okay, but not what Iím looking for in a QS. We managed fine at Leaping Horse Libations, though. Limited menu, but still good.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:16 PM   #19
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post

I don't care about the parking lot. Never have a car.

BC/YC used to have the best QS in Beaches and Cream. But they F'd that up. Now you got low rent skanks coming from all over to try B&C cuz they can get an ADR.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #20
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
I don't care about the parking lot. Never have a car.

BC/YC used to have the best QS in Beaches and Cream. But they F'd that up. Now you got low rent skanks coming from all over to try B&C cuz they can get an ADR.
Tend to agree. But as I usually go solo, I just sit at the counter which gets around all the ADR people.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote