home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-01-2019, 03:55 PM   #371
jveneskywool
One Bedroom

Default March 2020

Hi OKW since 93
We (son and fiancť) just enjoyed a few days in late May at OKW. Trying to plan early March to coincide with grandson's break, but do not have experience with this time of year.
We used to go during MA February and April school vacations as I am a teacher.
Can someone with experience give me some leads on early March.
I know later in March is out, but early March is the possibility.
Thanks!
jveneskywool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:10 PM   #372
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jveneskywool View Post
Hi OKW since 93
We (son and fiancť) just enjoyed a few days in late May at OKW. Trying to plan early March to coincide with grandson's break, but do not have experience with this time of year.
Thanks!
Since Easter Sunday isnít until April 12 you should do ok. The week before and after Easter Sunday use the most amount of points and tend to be very crowded as this is when the majority of school age kids can visit without missing class time.

Now all of my kids are "Disney Adults"

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but moving very close to the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:43 AM   #373
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jveneskywool View Post
Hi OKW since 93
Thanks!
I think Spring Break varies now from state to state. Early March could well be Spring Break for some I believe.

I know there tends to be a week designated as such, but I have no idea when that is or what itís based on. Florida Spring Break?
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:40 AM   #374
FessParker1
Grand Villa

This year Mardi gras was March 5th. Disney World as filled with Lousiana, Alabama and Mississippi mouse lovers as there spring break was that week. Lots of purple and fleur de lis everywhere. This year mardi gras is Feb 25th. Not sure if there spring break moves with mardi gras dates. First week usually isn't to crowded as flower and garden hasn't begun yet. We usually do first week and crowds are manageable.

Last edited by FessParker1; 06-02-2019 at 05:47 PM.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:25 PM   #375
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Are these wait times at DL correct? I just re-downloaded the app a couple of days ago. Itís showing that things like Toy Story Mania is 40 minutes and the new SW ride is 25 minutes. Yes, I know about the reservations for GE, but itís still surprising. Nothing seems to have a very long wait the last few days.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:49 PM   #376
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Are these wait times at DL correct? I just re-downloaded the app a couple of days ago. Itís showing that things like Toy Story Mania is 40 minutes and the new SW ride is 25 minutes. Yes, I know about the reservations for GE, but itís still surprising. Nothing seems to have a very long wait the last few days.
People are saying that DL is surprisingly quiet. Locals will flock to new things but if they don't have a reservation then I guess they are not bothering. And with the hype of huge crowds there are likely a lot of people that decided DL was the last place they wanted to be right now. Get enough people doing that and suddenly it's slow!
Old 06-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #377
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
People are saying that DL is surprisingly quiet. Locals will flock to new things but if they don't have a reservation then I guess they are not bothering. And with the hype of huge crowds there are likely a lot of people that decided DL was the last place they wanted to be right now. Get enough people doing that and suddenly it's slow!
Thanks for the response. We love to go to DL for the Christmas decorations in November, mainly the Haunted Mansion makeover, but this has me seriously considering an early summer trip one year.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:18 AM   #378
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Thanks for the response. We love to go to DL for the Christmas decorations in November, mainly the Haunted Mansion makeover, but this has me seriously considering an early summer trip one year.
This is unique. It's a time I've frequently gone (birthday time!) so I've seen it several years. It's not a bad time to go but the wait times this week are far lower than average. It won't be like this next year. When they announced the change in openings I was kicking myself a bit we hadn't planned to go this year. Then I figured it probably was the last place I wanted to be. Then they announced the scheduled SWGE times for those onsite and I started thinking that it might have been ok although everything else was probably going to be packed. And now seeing the wait times?
Old 06-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #379
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Default FP+ before MVMCP start time?

If I don't plan to use a daily admission ticket to enter the MK on a party day and enter after 4pm with my MVMCP ticket, do I still get to book FP+ for before the actual party start time or no?

If I end up getting annual passes and enter the park early, I assume I can still book FP+ for that day, but up until what time usually, since the park closes early for anyone without a party ticket?

Thanks!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #380
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Default Dining reservation on night of MVMCP

What is the difference between just booking a regular dining reservation at say 6:40pm at The Plaza Restaurant vs. what is being referred to as "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Dining" at the same restaurant, but 20 minutes later? Is the only difference that the one reservation falls during party hours?
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote