home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-11-2018, 04:20 PM   #11
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

As far as I know, this was started by a couple of guys back in 2014/2015. They came up with their own rules for people that want to attempt to do it and get credit on their website.

http://www.parkeology.com/2018/07/pa...than-ever.html

They have a list of people that have tried.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #12
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
I successfully did the WDW 46 challenge last october. It was almost 20 miles of walking/jogging. It is not for the feint of heart.

I also attempted it again in April when I was there -- but a bum hamstring and severe blisters, along with Test Track going down for 30 mins ruined that attempt. I just had POC, BTMRR and Splash left...needed 30 more mins.

I will be attempting to do this again in October.

If you're going to do this -- you really need to carry at least one extra phone charger and be very familiar with refreshing the FPs.
This sounds SO cool and intriguing. we're not up to this challenge yet, but I bet we will try it one of these days.
Right now, DH and DS are more into how many times in a row they can ride certain things. EE was 7, (well, 6 +FP soon after) Space 6, BTMM 4, etc.
I think this would be fun...but frustrating if rides go down!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #13
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
This sounds SO cool and intriguing. we're not up to this challenge yet, but I bet we will try it one of these days.
Right now, DH and DS are more into how many times in a row they can ride certain things. EE was 7, (well, 6 +FP soon after) Space 6, BTMM 4, etc.
I think this would be fun...but frustrating if rides go down!
yeah -- my last attempt in April was frustrating. I just missed the railroad, and instead of having 2 trains running...they only had one. That cost me 20 minutes...then with test track going down, I lost another 20 minutes. I was in the single rider line and it still took 30+mins...every other time I've done that ride it was less than 10 minutes.

I'm not sure if this thing will be doable in the future once star wars land opens up. I've spent a lot of time optimizing this thing, and those two rides are going to really gum things up. I've watched probably more than 10 youtube videos of people attempting this thing, and almost all of them fail b/c they spend too much time park hopping. If you park hop more than 4 times, you're likely going to fail -- it's just too much wasted time.

And do not even think about stopping to get food. There isn't any time for that. I also think groups larger than 2 people suffer tremendously. Too hard to pull same day fastpasses, and there is wasted time with single rider lines, as well as coordinating bathroom breaks.

Hydration is very important. I can't tell you how much water I drank while I was doing this -- and it still wasn't enough. I filled my brita bottle up every chance I could, and still had to buy a few bottled waters throughout the day.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #14
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

So I’m officially going to attempt this on my next solo trip! About to check out the website and look at ride closures to see how many I will be attempting.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:49 PM   #15
ktmo
Studio

I am addicted to following their progress on twitter. It is fun watching them go for it. I don't know if I would ever try. Maybe one day.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #16
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
yeah -- my last attempt in April was frustrating. I just missed the railroad, and instead of having 2 trains running...they only had one. That cost me 20 minutes...then with test track going down, I lost another 20 minutes. I was in the single rider line and it still took 30+mins...every other time I've done that ride it was less than 10 minutes.

I'm not sure if this thing will be doable in the future once star wars land opens up. I've spent a lot of time optimizing this thing, and those two rides are going to really gum things up. I've watched probably more than 10 youtube videos of people attempting this thing, and almost all of them fail b/c they spend too much time park hopping. If you park hop more than 4 times, you're likely going to fail -- it's just too much wasted time.

And do not even think about stopping to get food. There isn't any time for that. I also think groups larger than 2 people suffer tremendously. Too hard to pull same day fastpasses, and there is wasted time with single rider lines, as well as coordinating bathroom breaks.

Hydration is very important. I can't tell you how much water I drank while I was doing this -- and it still wasn't enough. I filled my brita bottle up every chance I could, and still had to buy a few bottled waters throughout the day.
How long did it take you to finish?
Old 08-11-2018, 06:49 PM   #17
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I cannot read this story but I've read another about the 47 ride challenge. If I had heard of this a decade or more ago I would've done it happily. I'm too old to get up that early and stay out that late LOL Heck now, I was thrilled to get all mountains and coasters at MK in on one morning before lunch. That's my limit LOL

Awesome though for those who do it.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:01 PM   #18
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/move-it...day-1533657651

A group try to ride all 49 rides in one day.
The Wall Street Journal was an odd place for a Disney article . I wonder how many people actually try his challenge. It sounds rather hellush to me .
Nope. Iíll take my leasurely pace instead, thank you.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:14 PM   #19
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayandry View Post
Nope. Iíll take my leasurely pace instead, thank you.

Agreed completely.

If I do more than 5 rides in a trip itís a lot for me.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #20
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
How long did it take you to finish?
When I did it last October, I started at 9 am and entered Soarin' at 10:47 pm...so a little less than 14 hours or so. It was pretty exhausting.

I broke some of their official rules though, so my attempt wasn't 100% legit. They apparently don't allow you to book PPO, which is what I did for BOG so I could knock out the carousel and 7DMT before opening...although 7DMT never opened that morning, so my plan didn't work anyways.

This past April was also another 9 am to 11 pm operating day -- I got to Pirates right at 11:01 and still had BTMRR and Splash...so I needed another 30 minutes or so.

I think the fastest official time was 16 hour operating day.