home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > MouseOwners Events and Event Planning
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 11:02 AM   #11
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Many folks like to do MK on the 30th and Epcot on the 31st. We went into Epcot last year on the 31st and it was mind blowing crowded. We walked in and went about one country into WS and then turned around and walked out. My DDs stayed a little longer. DH and I were at bus stop when midnight fireworks went off. We had planned to do MK that night but were terrified to go and glad we didn't. We just don't do crowds very well.

Ideally for the 31st, you need to be at your park of choice by 8-9pm and get a spot. Walking in after 10pm will leave you quickly frustrated. You will see people claiming there NYE spot early in the day......that makes a super long day for them.

I may try and get an NYE ADR at Epcot and time it for the fireworks......might be a pipe dream.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:07 AM   #12
mousefan1972
Grand Villa

We are sailing on the Dream, disembarking on Christmas Eve. Will be at Bay Lake Tower that night, flying home Christmas Day. So likely won't be able to attend any meets.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:11 AM   #13
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan1972 View Post
We are sailing on the Dream, disembarking on Christmas Eve. Will be at Bay Lake Tower that night, flying home Christmas Day. So likely won't be able to attend any meets.

Have a great time on your cruise! I will add you to the list for Christmas Eve. You might want to meet someone at ToWL for an adult beverage or two.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:15 AM   #14
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Ideally for the 31st, you need to be at your park of choice by 8-9pm and get a spot. Walking in after 10pm will leave you quickly frustrated. You will see people claiming there NYE spot early in the day......that makes a super long day for them.

I may try and get an NYE ADR at Epcot and time it for the fireworks......might be a pipe dream.
I got a La Hacienda at 8:15 for the 20th so we can watch night show from table. Will be tough to grab on the 31st...maybe need to do a fake room resie like I did to get BOG (one thing though is that you need to call MS to get 180+10 on a split stay...I tried to book all my nights online but it would not allow. So I did the BOG for the last night of fake booking and first night of real booking, the 19th).

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Aug 27-30 HHI / Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / June 7-10, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & Sept 4, 2021 NCL Pride of America
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:32 AM   #15
Hopels
One Bedroom

Thanks for all the info! After a bazillion Disney trips it seems odd that this time of year is still new ground for us!

We don't do crazy crowds well... we tend to go off-peak. What time would we want a reservation for Epcot dinner for fireworks viewing? Do the restaurants stay open later since the parks are open later?

Also what time for MK viewing (Narcoossee's or Cali Grill)? We've never done CRT - though I think we have tried every other restaurant on property - lol.

We have used Kids Nite Out so will likely do this one of the nights. Debating if we want to have the kids with us NYE and do Epcot and maybe do V&A on the 30th... or if we should try MK on the 30th and then an adult party or V&A on the 31st. Our kids will be 5 and 9.
BLT January 2013
Swan April 2013
SSR/BCV/BLT January 2014
BCV March 2014
BWV/BLT December 2014
BWV/BLT September 2015
Poly/Fantasy/BLT January 2016
Boardwalk/Fantasy January 2017
Boardwalk/BLT September 2017
Yacht/Grand Floridian January 2018 (Adulting!)
B2B2B Concierge DCL Magic Bahamas, Transatlantic, Mediterranean May 2018
BWV/OKW July 2018
BWV Xmas/NYE 2018

Last edited by Hopels; 06-22-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Hopels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #16
Wilkeroo
Two Bedroom

We have our longest DVC trip ever planned for this holiday season, with the first three reservations including extended family from England and the east coast of Canada. They leave after the VB part and then we head back to WDW to meet some friends for the last two legs:

December 16-20 OKW
December 20-26 BWV
December 26-31 Vero Beach
December 31 AKV
January 1-5 VGF

Can't wait!
Wilkeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #17
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Welcome aboard Hell Week!

I am pretty sure Disney will not have those "special" dining events since they need all hands on deck. In fact I am going to say 99.99% sure they will not have them that week.

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan1972 View Post
Quote:
Have a great time on your cruise! I will add you to the list for Christmas Eve. You might want to meet someone at ToWL for an adult beverage or two.

Sounds good to me...

Thanks for starting this, Tom! I see you already slotted me in, but officially now:

12/23-12/25 @ VGF
12/25-12/27 @ BWV
12/27 - 1/1 @ BLT (for now)

Could end up adding a day or two on the front end, we shall see...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:53 PM   #18
Ariel's Sister
Studio

For reference for 2020, when do the crowds thin out? I know SW will complicate this, but what do the NYE veterans think? Thinking 12/29 or 30 until just before marathon.

It’s a cold, rainy and generally miserable day here in The DMV, so I’m distracting my self thinking of Disney...

MaryJane
Ariel's Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:26 PM   #19
Disneycat
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We are going 12/26-12/30 at Poly and then BLT theme park view 12/30-1/1. First time during Christmas week, but going to Disney since 1977. This will be our 3rd trip this year. My kids want to do Chef Mickey for NYE dinner. Ages 10, 20, and 23. We want to stay on the monorail loop or Wilderness Lodge. Any better suggestions? We will be in the room or top of the lounge for fireworks. I am not interested in any private party, way to expensive places. NYE day we plan to go to a park and head back to BLT by 6. Is that too late? Will the traveling be nuts?

For 12/30 we will go into Magic Kingdom and stay for fireworks. Was thinking of BOG for dinner possible but won't be heart broken if it does not happen.
Disneycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:34 PM   #20
paige
Studio

We will be there 12/26 through 1/1. Boardwalk 12/26-12/30 and AKL just for 12/30 and 12/31. We have been multiple times at Christmas but I haven't stopped to think about it quite yet since this will be our 5th trip this year
paige is offline   Reply With Quote