home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-10-2019, 03:25 PM   #1
FCivish3
One Bedroom

Default Positive Changes Disney Could Make to Help DVC

It is easy to see problems. That isn't necessarily bad. But I'd rather not focus on the problems. Instead of Negatives, I would like to see discussions of Positive changes that Disney could make.

In other words, we could be kind of a think tank and come up with suggestion for Positive changes that Disney could make, to IMPROVE DVC for everyone. GOOD changes make DVC more desirable, and worth more. Good changes could help make their Direct Sales easier and ADD VALUE to their Direct contracts.

The changes might also add value to ALL DVC contracts, depending on how they are implemented, but even if we only discussed things that Disney could do to increase the value of Direct Sales, that would be worthwhile. And why would it matter to anyone who has bought Resales? Because if Disney is happy with their Direct Sales, whether that is because Direct is 'different' from Resales, or even not different but doing well, then Disney is a lot less likely to go after DVC Resale owners, as they have recently.

So let's just 'Brainstorm' and maybe it might help Disney, and ourselves.

I would especially like it if we think of POSITIVE changes that Disney could make that would not cost Disney a lot of money or profit. Like giving extra FastPasses to Direct Owners, or letting Direct Owners book their Reservations earlier. What if Direct Owners could schedule Fast Passes at 75 days out, rather than just 60 days out? How about other things like that. Are there any suggestions that are possible, given the real DVC rules? I refuse to think that DVC rules will only allow bad changes, and not good changes! I have to believe Disney could make Good changes.

So, what other things do you all suggest?

Are there other positive things to discuss?

Thanks.

Poly, AKL, BLT

FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:47 PM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Add more Member Only events.

Better Annual Pass pricing

Better DVC discounts

Add DVC Member Only 1-hour Early Park Entry......This would be my #1 wish.

Add a DVC lounge in the other three parks.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #3
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

More and/or earlier access to FP+ would be an easy plus! Great idea!

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Discounted MYW park passes
Old 02-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #5
Micah008
Grand Villa

In addition to what has been stated above...

I think DVC members should have access to any deals and discounts that FL residents have.... specifically the unique kinds of APs and other tickets.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #6
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

DVC EMH would get my vote as well.

I really enjoy some of the smaller things DVC has offered. In particular, the member tour of the new WL cabins that was (is??) routinely offered at least one afternoon a week for whoever showed up was very thoughtful.

Additional lounge space would be nice. Even better if somehow attached to restaurant or deliver so we could order (and pay for) food in nice sheltered place in parks.

And to add one for the wish list - reserved spots for members for night time shows. Frankly, you could tape off a spot somewhere out of the way with a less than premium view and I'd still be happy. All of us have seen the shows before and will again. A place to watch where we don't have to hold a spot & could visit with fellow members would be fun.

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.

Last edited by MinnieMomofOne; 02-10-2019 at 07:57 PM.
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMomofOne View Post
And to add one for the wish list - reserved spots for members for night time shows. Frankly, you could tape off a spot someone out of the way with a less than premium view and I'd still be happy. All of us have seen the shows before and will again. A place to watch where we don't have to hold a spot & could visit with fellow members would be fun.

I like that idea a lot.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #8
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Add more Member Only events.

Better Annual Pass pricing

Better DVC discounts

Add DVC Member Only 1-hour Early Park Entry......This would be my #1 wish.

Add a DVC lounge in the other three parks.
Agree about the lounges in the other parks.

Iíd rather have an extra hour at night. No early starts for me.

Another Members only lounge in the Boardwalk area resorts. And a proper lounge at OKW!

Preferential booking for tours and events (like Dine with an Imagineers) - maybe give us the 180 + length of stay.

And please ship items outside the US. Iím so tired of not being able to get any DVC merchandise because they wonít ship it to me

And make sure we get the emails consistently.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:51 PM   #9
ziravan
Two Bedroom

Hereís something that wouldnít cost them a thing except planning: book and announce on site events BEFORE the 11 month window so members can plan around them instead of hoping to get lucky.

I know why they donít; they donít want members bunching up their plans around events.

But still.
ziravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #10
ziravan
Two Bedroom

Like Florida residents, let DVC members make monthly payments on passes.
ziravan is offline   Reply With Quote