home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-19-2019, 09:47 PM   #101
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Oooooohhh - for a second I thought you meant to replace Swiss Family Robinson.
I canít do that one. My fear of heights kicked in last time and I almost passed out. Hubby and kids love it, though!
Old 06-20-2019, 08:33 AM   #102
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcsquirrel View Post
What if we could compromise and they stop the traditional show add tables, make the cue more seating, let the stupid birds make there noise all the time and you sat their as you ate your Dole Whip.
What if we not try to stomp out other people's favorite attractions but encourage the use of new space?

I don't need to go to CBJ, but it doesn't bug me that it's there or that other people enjoy it. Until Disney announces a change, I'm fine with it staying. If Disney announces a change, I'll express an opinion on whether I think it's an improvement or not.

At some point, Tiki Room is going to go away. Of that, I have no doubt. Until it does, it's going to be an important part of my trips. Personally, I'd have no problem with a refresh that included some updated music while keeping it rooted to the concept. Same with CBJ.

As for Tree House - I think the concept is great but it is definitely losing it's relevancy as Disney hasn't capitalized on their Swiss Family Robinson franchise at all - not even a remake, even if one was rumored. I don't think the Tarzan conversion in Disneyland is any more popular, either. It could actually be redone as a kid's play area - wouldn't be of benefit to me, but could be a good update of the concept and space.

It does look like there is some space between it and the back of Crystal Palace but to put something, but neither space seems large enough for anything meaningful on its own. I personally would love for Adventureland to have one more C or D ticket that rounded out the land - something with a vehicle and story of some kind (i.e., not a spinner like Aladdin!).

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:34 AM   #103
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Personally, they should just take the Toy Story show idea and put it in the new BBQ table service being added in DHS.
Anything and everything needs to go to DHS to give people something to do. Seriously thinking of bagging the place on our five day trip this August, though I might dedicate a half-day there.

Now, if there are DVC SW previews, I'm all there!

Dirk

Old 06-20-2019, 08:36 AM   #104
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Oooooohhh - for a second I thought you meant to replace Swiss Family Robinson.
I love how we all have our favorite DO NOT TOUCH rarely visited attractions!

It shows how Disney really captures us with cute charm.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #105
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

DW hates the Bears so much, she'd gladly embrace a 20% hike in the price of an annual pass if it was directly tied to the demise of the CBJ.

I love the show and will miss it.

It's like a time machine to my youth. And not just because I remember it from DL days. But because of the projection slide presentation of the story-line. How has it survived this long?

And, of course, lack of line and top quality A/C.
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:14 PM   #106
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I love how we all have our favorite DO NOT TOUCH rarely visited attractions!

It shows how Disney really captures us with cute charm.
Yep. Suddenly I'd toss the bears under the bus. We do the Treehouse ever single visit both locations. And they are consistently having people go thru.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #107
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Yep. Suddenly I'd toss the bears under the bus. We do the Treehouse ever single visit both locations. And they are consistently having people go thru.
What I like about the Tree House is that it invites your imagination. How would I live there? What would make this fun for me? Etc. The best stories make you a part of them.

Dirk

Old 06-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #108
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
What I like about the Tree House is that it invites your imagination. How would I live there? What would make this fun for me? Etc. The best stories make you a part of them.

Dirk
Old 06-20-2019, 04:02 PM   #109
raymond70
Studio

Nostalgia is what makes WDW special. We do CBJ every time. It could use a freshen up, but that old school Walt Disney look and feel is what my family loves. I'd be ok with a Woody's Roundup type show that integrated the Country Bears somehow. Same thing with the Tiki Room (something better than "New Mngmnt"). The old Walt vibe is special, and unique only to Disney. Universal is fun and has it's own vibe,but falls short in the nostalgia/"magic" department IMHO.
raymond70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:22 PM   #110
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond70 View Post
Universal is fun and has it's own vibe,but falls short in the nostalgia/"magic" department IMHO.
It had some of that - I need to get back to Universal Hollywood and see if any of it is left. I know that most has been removed at Orlando but that park doesn't date back as far as Hollywood where you parted the Red Sea, drove past Bates House and almost got eaten by Jaws. Add in Frankenstein and Dracula walking around and it was good old movie fun. In Orlando ET is a nostalgic attraction for me there. Jurassic park kind of fits that bill too although they have the new movies now.