home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 06:39 AM   #71
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Awesome pictures!!!!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:53 PM   #72
Boundin'
Grand Villa

the stream of consciousness continues...

HEA, in the rain, with my Sony RX 100

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:07 PM   #73
Boundin'
Grand Villa

trying to get DHS fireworks behind the Eiffel Tower....needs work

distance and angle...hard to judge

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Old 06-18-2019, 11:41 PM   #74
Boundin'
Grand Villa

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Old 06-19-2019, 09:36 PM   #75
Boundin'
Grand Villa

H2O Glow Night

Was like normal Typhoon Lagoon except it was dark out and there weren't many people there.

It was raining when we got there and they had all the attractions closed so we started drinking. Let's just say that I have a nice collection of light up ice cubes. That definitely increased my enjoyment of the evening.

They had a DJ playing all your popular dance hits. Woody and Jesse were there and so was Bo Peep. There were virtually no waits anywhere.

We wound up taking Uber there and back because the buses were a complete cluster F.

I wouldn't bother doing it again.

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Old 06-21-2019, 09:26 AM   #76
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Rivers of Light 2.0 by RT Images, on Flickr

RoL 2.0 was marginally more enjoyable than 1.0. The music was a bit more upbeat. It is not a dramatic change. I missed the dudes in the boats, but wherever Disney can eliminate salaries from the equation, they do.

The way they seat people is insane. I was one of the first handful of people in the FP queue, but I did not get the best seats. They seated us behind the VIP Tour people who were in our section. The section next to us, did not have VIP people, so people way behind us in line, got better seats than we did. I told the CM my views and I moved down to VIP section in the first row.

On top of that the VIP section did not fill up, so random people who showed up late, were allowed to sit there. Score for them, while people who made it their business to get there early in an attempt to get the best seats, sat behind them.

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Old 06-25-2019, 01:15 PM   #77
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by oufpat View Post
I love parades and those pictures made my day, thank you!
My pleasure. And thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Awesome pictures!!!!
Thanks Anna

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Old 06-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #78
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I had a great cruise on the Fantasy for the most part. We had deck nine, center aft cabin, which was lovely. We didn't see much of our stateroom hostess, but didn't need to. I needed some wineglasses and a corkscrew, she got them. She cleaned up the water on the veranda without us having to ask. And she put some chocolates and a towel animal on our bed every night. Efficient.

Our servers were top notch. If you ever get Alvin, he is the best. The whole team were great. Remembered what everyone drank, kept track of the wine package, remembered allergies, who was celebrating what, told jokes. They were awesome.

We were seated at a table for six with two other couples. Nice people I'm sure. But, we were like oil and water. Just couldn't gel. We eventually got tired of initiating and carrying the conversations, so we kind of gave up. We were polite, but no camaraderie at all. We've never had a bummer of a table like that before. Oh well.

I like the Western Caribbean itinerary much better than the Eastern. I like the ports more. The only thing I would have preferred is a sea day on our last day, but we had Castaway Cay our last day. A minor drawback as I would have preferred some relaxation and more packing time the last day, but not a big deal.

Gypsy Minnie

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Old 06-25-2019, 07:04 PM   #79
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
We were seated at a table for six with two other couples. Nice people I'm sure. But, we were like oil and water. Just couldn't gel. We eventually got tired of initiating and carrying the conversations, so we kind of gave up. We were polite, but no camaraderie at all. We've never had a bummer of a table like that before. Oh well.
Awwww. We usually get along famously with our assigned table partners ... but that wasn't the case on our last Disney cruise, a 2n getaway on the Wonder from San Diego. Maybe because it was a short cruise ... or maybe Disney thought if we are all from San Diego we'd speak the same language (we didn't) ... but the 'mix' was a total fail, I'm afraid.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:10 PM   #80
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
Awwww. We usually get along famously with our assigned table partners ... but that wasn't the case on our last Disney cruise, a 2n getaway on the Wonder from San Diego. Maybe because it was a short cruise ... or maybe Disney thought if we are all from San Diego we'd speak the same language (we didn't) ... but the 'mix' was a total fail, I'm afraid.
Yeah, I've never had a problem before. I'm still in touch with some of the people we've met on prior cruises. But this table was DOA. I guess there is no way of guessing what the chemistry will be. We were 40s and 50s with no kids on the cruise. That was the only common denominator. They weren't even Disney fanatics.

BCV BWV BLT VGC