home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 06-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #21
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Disney increased reusable shopping bag prices too.

before $1.00, $1.50, $2.00
after $2.00, $2.50, $3.00

Disney added a $1 to each reusable bag size.
The cost of them sitting in the warehouse was astronomical.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:29 PM   #22
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 10,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Disney increased reusable shopping bag prices too.

before $1.00, $1.50, $2.00
after $2.00, $2.50, $3.00

Disney added a $1 to each reusable bag size.
TBH I thought they were dirt cheap and even increased, they are cheaper than home.
__________________
helenabear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:31 PM   #23
carolina_yankee
Administrator
 
carolina_yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 30,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyChris View Post
I'll just say this, when I was there two days ago, we watched a tow truck removing a car from the parking lot at Saratoga. I also noticed a couple of cars with ticket-like notes on the windshield. So i think Disney is paying more attention to their parking lots at the resorts.
Of course they are. Now, when people park against the rules, Disney loses money. So they tow. Back when it just took spaces from their guests, they didnít tow.

Dirk
__________________


carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:25 PM   #24
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
TBH I thought they were dirt cheap and even increased, they are cheaper than home.
Those things are dirt cheap to manufacture. It all depends on the purpose which was hyped that they were going green. And that is correct. It's just a different green than people were thinking they meant.

Since they didn't actually eliminate the plastic bags I guess they've decided to make them more of a souvenir with a more souvenir price.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:35 PM   #25
Crafty
Grand Villa
 
Crafty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyChris View Post
I'll just say this, when I was there two days ago, we watched a tow truck removing a car from the parking lot at Saratoga. I also noticed a couple of cars with ticket-like notes on the windshield. So i think Disney is paying more attention to their parking lots at the resorts.
I donít like this.

We frequently park at other resorts for reservations or pool hopping or just to look around. They scan our bands and let us enter. I thought that you were safe parking for at least several hours if they let you in.

They stopped giving the paper to put on the dashboard.

I can see that they donít want you parking at SSR or OKW and taking a bus to the parks to avoid paying. However, if they scan and allow entry, doesnít that mean that you are OK to park?
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:22 PM   #26
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 10,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Those things are dirt cheap to manufacture. It all depends on the purpose which was hyped that they were going green. And that is correct. It's just a different green than people were thinking they meant.

Since they didn't actually eliminate the plastic bags I guess they've decided to make them more of a souvenir with a more souvenir price.
Still cheaper than my grocery stores. That was my point. We bought one to carry our items and it was twice as large for less than I pay. I'm okay with that. If the bags were smaller then I'd be upset.

As an odd aside, I couldn't get the CM to sell me one at DHS. Very odd and she put it in a massive plastic bag too. Green your way or mine I'm glad to pay. They do need smaller ones though IMO
__________________
helenabear is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software