home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #21
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Disney increased reusable shopping bag prices too.

before $1.00, $1.50, $2.00
after $2.00, $2.50, $3.00

Disney added a $1 to each reusable bag size.
The cost of them sitting in the warehouse was astronomical.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:29 PM   #22
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Disney increased reusable shopping bag prices too.

before $1.00, $1.50, $2.00
after $2.00, $2.50, $3.00

Disney added a $1 to each reusable bag size.
TBH I thought they were dirt cheap and even increased, they are cheaper than home.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:31 PM   #23
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyChris View Post
I'll just say this, when I was there two days ago, we watched a tow truck removing a car from the parking lot at Saratoga. I also noticed a couple of cars with ticket-like notes on the windshield. So i think Disney is paying more attention to their parking lots at the resorts.
Of course they are. Now, when people park against the rules, Disney loses money. So they tow. Back when it just took spaces from their guests, they didnít tow.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:25 PM   #24
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
TBH I thought they were dirt cheap and even increased, they are cheaper than home.
Those things are dirt cheap to manufacture. It all depends on the purpose which was hyped that they were going green. And that is correct. It's just a different green than people were thinking they meant.

Since they didn't actually eliminate the plastic bags I guess they've decided to make them more of a souvenir with a more souvenir price.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:35 PM   #25
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyChris View Post
I'll just say this, when I was there two days ago, we watched a tow truck removing a car from the parking lot at Saratoga. I also noticed a couple of cars with ticket-like notes on the windshield. So i think Disney is paying more attention to their parking lots at the resorts.
I donít like this.

We frequently park at other resorts for reservations or pool hopping or just to look around. They scan our bands and let us enter. I thought that you were safe parking for at least several hours if they let you in.

They stopped giving the paper to put on the dashboard.

I can see that they donít want you parking at SSR or OKW and taking a bus to the parks to avoid paying. However, if they scan and allow entry, doesnít that mean that you are OK to park?
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:22 PM   #26
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Those things are dirt cheap to manufacture. It all depends on the purpose which was hyped that they were going green. And that is correct. It's just a different green than people were thinking they meant.

Since they didn't actually eliminate the plastic bags I guess they've decided to make them more of a souvenir with a more souvenir price.
Still cheaper than my grocery stores. That was my point. We bought one to carry our items and it was twice as large for less than I pay. I'm okay with that. If the bags were smaller then I'd be upset.

As an odd aside, I couldn't get the CM to sell me one at DHS. Very odd and she put it in a massive plastic bag too. Green your way or mine I'm glad to pay. They do need smaller ones though IMO