home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-05-2019, 12:59 PM   #51
krisephillips
One Bedroom

No luck for us either. Log in at 8:58AM and was given #5478. Was down to #132 when they said no more availability. Congrats to those that scored!

When they release the limited tickets again on 6/12 do you use the same link or have to call in? Hoping for August 8th.

Disney Castaway Club Member-Silver Level.
krisephillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #52
carolina_yankee
Administrator

For those who want to meet up, or just share which event you're attending, I've started a poll under MouseOwners Meet-Ups:

http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=137023

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #53
poster44
Two Bedroom

I have been trying to figure out how many ppl will be attending each event, since that seems to be some DVC double-secret thing for some reason. References have been made to last Epcot MM at around 8000.

The last Queue-It number that made it through (that I have found from the various sites) was 74xx for 8/22 (confirmation must have been about 10:10, based on their posting time.) Obviously, since there were still spots for 8/8, that meant an even higher number would be "the last" to register. However, the number is corrupted because a high percentage of Members were reporting signing in w multiple devices and receiving 3 or 4 queue positions and then choosing the best to continue. So, how many additional queue positions do you think were generated because of those extra devices? And, do you think this will become the "walking" strategy for MM in the future? My guesstimate for each party is also in the 7-8000 range, if it is true that there will be very few additional tickets issued 6/12.

*sorry if this was wrong spot to post this. I have been amazed at the number of ppl who got in with a very high number (like myself) and how quickly it sold out, as compared to the Epcot sign up, earlier this spring. just trying to figure out the logistics.*
poster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:57 PM   #54
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster44 View Post
I have been trying to figure out how many ppl will be attending each event, since that seems to be some DVC double-secret thing for some reason. References have been made to last Epcot MM at around 8000.

The last Queue-It number that made it through (that I have found from the various sites) was 74xx for 8/22 (confirmation must have been about 10:10, based on their posting time.) Obviously, since there were still spots for 8/8, that meant an even higher number would be "the last" to register. However, the number is corrupted because a high percentage of Members were reporting signing in w multiple devices and receiving 3 or 4 queue positions and then choosing the best to continue. So, how many additional queue positions do you think were generated because of those extra devices? And, do you think this will become the "walking" strategy for MM in the future? My guesstimate for each party is also in the 7-8000 range, if it is true that there will be very few additional tickets issued 6/12.

*sorry if this was wrong spot to post this. I have been amazed at the number of ppl who got in with a very high number (like myself) and how quickly it sold out, as compared to the Epcot sign up, earlier this spring. just trying to figure out the logistics.*
I moved your post here because this is the general discussion thread. The other thread was just for those who are going on specific nights if they want to meet up.

Honestly, if people are “walking” the moonlight magic reservations system, I think Disney should require a login with the membership number and that is your place in line. One chance, that’s it.

Dirk

Old 06-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #55
poster44
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I moved your post here because this is the general discussion thread. The other thread was just for those who are going on specific nights if they want to meet up.

Honestly, if people are “walking” the moonlight magic reservations system, I think Disney should require a login with the membership number and that is your place in line. One chance, that’s it.

Dirk
Thank you! I thought that might be wrong place, but not sure. Sorry for the inconvenience, and appreciate your moving.

I agree that the multiple sign-ins seem to defeat the purpose of an attempt at fairness, which I think was DVC's goal after the previous MM registration failures.

It does seem like a lot of cash reservations failed to sync w the system, even if Members got emails. That needs attention ASAP, IMO. If that has to be done manually for cash reservations, Members need to be alerted beforehand.
poster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:33 PM   #56
dnunc
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
didn't realize you could click on the link ahead of time. I got sidetracked reading a post and clicked in 5 minutes past 9 EST and got 7 or 8000.

Down to 2400 right now with 25% available space.

ETA - Damnit -- July 18 is sold out and I'm still 1200 in line.
I feel bad for you as I must have gotten the last few for the July 18th. I didn't know the 5th of June was the login for August also.
Opened link at 8:50 and was # 6796. At 2000 there was 25% of availability. At 400, in said limited availability. Our turn popped up and we were able to get our tickets
Old 06-08-2019, 08:53 PM   #57
Orion54
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnunc View Post
I feel bad for you as I must have gotten the last few for the July 18th. I didn't know the 5th of June was the login for August also.
Opened link at 8:50 and was # 6796. At 2000 there was 25% of availability. At 400, in said limited availability. Our turn popped up and we were able to get our tickets
I don't think logging in earlier does anything as they randomly assign you a number. I logged in at 8:55am and I was 4500. I was able to get tickets but was getting nervous as the percentages of tickets available became less and less.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:51 PM   #58
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnunc View Post
I don’t trust the “limited availability.”

I logged in at 8:45, got #196 and it said “limited availability” for my date - August 22. Not possible at #196.

Glad you were able to get your tickets! I had no idea this would be so rough for people - Epcot seemed easier, didn’t even sell out until it went to the off-site DVC guests.

AK is a hot property!

Dirk

Old 08-04-2019, 04:16 PM   #59
pinktwotwenty
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Smile Iso 8/8

Anyone have 3 extra tickets for 8/08?
We are DVC Members But unable to get tickets now.
My son would love it!
Thanks
pinktwotwenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:46 PM   #60
originalpj
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Smile 2 Extra Tickets for AK MM

Hi All,
Our family will be at the Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic event tomorrow night (8/22) but we just found out that 2 of our Grand kids won't be joining us because they're too sick.

It's too late for me to modify our reservation, so I thought I would put it out there in case any MouseOwners are in need of a couple of extra tickets to the event tomorrow night.

Send me a message if you're going to be there and in need of 2 extra tickets.
originalpj is offline   Reply With Quote