home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #381
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
What is the difference between just booking a regular dining reservation at say 6:40pm at The Plaza Restaurant vs. what is being referred to as "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Dining" at the same restaurant, but 20 minutes later? Is the only difference that the one reservation falls during party hours?
"Valid tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are required to make reservations and are not included in the price of dining or dessert party packages."

So perhaps you are not allowed in without the wristband
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #382
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
"Valid tickets to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party are required to make reservations and are not included in the price of dining or dessert party packages."

So perhaps you are not allowed in without the wristband
But no difference in pricing, menu, etc., right? There is nothing extra from what I have come across. I just want to make sure that if I make a reservation for during party hours, that it isn't going to be a different price or menu I guess.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #383
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
If I don't plan to use a daily admission ticket to enter the MK on a party day and enter after 4pm with my MVMCP ticket, do I still get to book FP+ for before the actual party start time or no?

If I end up getting annual passes and enter the park early, I assume I can still book FP+ for that day, but up until what time usually, since the park closes early for anyone without a party ticket?

Thanks!
In the last year or two there have been people who have had those FP's cancelled if they didn't have another ticket entitlement. Not all though. Sorry as I know that doesn't help much other than you can try.

Quote:
But no difference in pricing, menu, etc., right? There is nothing extra from what I have come across. I just want to make sure that if I make a reservation for during party hours, that it isn't going to be a different price or menu I guess.
There hasn't been a special menu in the past and I wouldn't expect it to change.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #384
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
It says the menus will remain the same. I wouldn't expect prices to change either.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...table-service/
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #385
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Thank you both dude81 and Goofygrl!

Do you know ... do they allow FP+ to be booked up until the 5-6pm window without any issues? This will be our first party and I really want to get a few rides in before the festivities begin so that we can focus on the special events going on during the party mostly. It will be super hard to be in the MK and not have rides be our main focus, so I'd like to get some out of the way before party time.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:45 PM   #386
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
What is the difference between just booking a regular dining reservation at say 6:40pm at The Plaza Restaurant vs. what is being referred to as "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Dining" at the same restaurant, but 20 minutes later? Is the only difference that the one reservation falls during party hours?
The second one means you must have a party ticket to get to your reservation.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #387
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
If I don't plan to use a daily admission ticket to enter the MK on a party day and enter after 4pm with my MVMCP ticket, do I still get to book FP+ for before the actual party start time or no?

If I end up getting annual passes and enter the park early, I assume I can still book FP+ for that day, but up until what time usually, since the park closes early for anyone without a party ticket?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
In the last year or two there have been people who have had those FP's cancelled if they didn't have another ticket entitlement. Not all though. Sorry as I know that doesn't help much other than you can try.
As Goofygirl says, some people have had their FPs cancelled. Others have had a warning about it and cancelled the FPs themselves. It seems to be inconsistent, although the most popular theory is that if you contact Disney for any reason at all after booking the FPs it may flag your account.

If youre going to try this:

- Book all your regular FP days first

- Then book the party day FPs. You can usually book from 3:30 until 6, so could have 3 FPs, if times align.

-Then do not contact Disney or DVC for any reason to do with your reservation. That means no room requests, dining plan, phoning to book dining, anything at all.

- And then watch your emails. If you get a warning email, then cancel a day of FPs, otherwise Disney will cancel your last day. I have seen anguished posts from people who have lost FPs for FoP because they assumed Disney would cancel the party day FPs.

And of course Disney wont do anything, as they will simply point to the wording that says a party ticket does not confer the right to book FPs. Even though MDE allows it.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:22 AM   #388
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
As Goofygirl says, some people have had their FPs cancelled. Others have had a warning about it and cancelled the FPs themselves. It seems to be inconsistent, although the most popular theory is that if you contact Disney for any reason at all after booking the FPs it may flag your account.

If youre going to try this:

- Book all your regular FP days first

- Then book the party day FPs. You can usually book from 3:30 until 6, so could have 3 FPs, if times align.

-Then do not contact Disney or DVC for any reason to do with your reservation. That means no room requests, dining plan, phoning to book dining, anything at all.

- And then watch your emails. If you get a warning email, then cancel a day of FPs, otherwise Disney will cancel your last day. I have seen anguished posts from people who have lost FPs for FoP because they assumed Disney would cancel the party day FPs.

And of course Disney wont do anything, as they will simply point to the wording that says a party ticket does not confer the right to book FPs. Even though MDE allows it.
Thank you for all the tips! If I dont have an AP or dont want to use a daily admittance, then maybe Ill try. Hopefully Ill just do AP for the family though since well Be back in May. Thanks again!
Old 06-08-2019, 04:56 PM   #389
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Default Can't make MK dinner reservation for Monday December 2, 2019

Since Monday, I have tried multiple times to book dinner reservations for the MK for Monday December 2nd and there have been no restaurants with availability. Last year the MK was open the Monday after Thanksgiving until 10pm. I was hoping 2019 would be the same. There is no MVMCP that night. Could they be holding a private event during the same week that also has 4 MVMCPs scheduled? I don't think there is any way that all the reservations are just booked. What is going on? Does anyone have a dinner reservation scheduled at the MK for that evening?

Last edited by JCinWonderland; 06-08-2019 at 04:57 PM. Reason: added title
Old 06-08-2019, 06:48 PM   #390
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Since Monday, I have tried multiple times to book dinner reservations for the MK for Monday December 2nd and there have been no restaurants with availability. Last year the MK was open the Monday after Thanksgiving until 10pm. I was hoping 2019 would be the same. There is no MVMCP that night. Could they be holding a private event during the same week that also has 4 MVMCPs scheduled? I don't think there is any way that all the reservations are just booked. What is going on? Does anyone have a dinner reservation scheduled at the MK for that evening?
Typically if your finding no times at 6 months it means that the availability hasnt been loaded yet. Just keep checking.