home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-19-2019, 12:29 PM   #161
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Currently flying over London. Supposed to land in Newark around 7 p.m. Eastern.

Then have to give notice on freaking Monday.

But thatís not all. Future bossís associate calls a few days ago to let me know my first assignment wants to meet me in person. I expressed some displeasure about not being told about having to do more interviews, but he assured me it was informal and some companies do such just to make sure Iím not some crazy person. Well, thatís debatable... though makes sense, I suppose. Regardless, an unplanned annoyance, but it is what it is. Now have to meet them Tuesday morning.

What I did like is the first assignment is some type of systems integration. I informed associate I have pretty much no experience with such, but he didnít seem to think that mattered. If the actual company agrees and all goes well, would automatically be a nice plus on my resume, which is exactly what I was looking for. But of course, who the hell knows...

Then another recruiter dude calls about an opportunity in the next town over. Ordinarily Iíd say no, but since only 10-15 minutes, away, I figure it canít hurt. They want me to interview Wednesday.

But thatís not all, either. First bossís boss (the former President/CFO who had told my former manager sheíd become director and me Iíd become manager three years ago before all hell broke loose) emails me out of the blue a few days ago. Seems his new company has an opening. Would be a lateral move to another senior cost accountant position, which doesnít please me too much. However, he did say it would pretty much be developing everything from scratch with a new system, so that does intrigue me more. Plus of course we have a good history.

Problem is the position is in Connecticut, which of course means relocation. He realizes itís a longshot, but seems to really want me. If that desire translates into the much higher salary Iíd require, there may be a chance. Extremely doubtful, but again, canít hurt to chat... Heís supposed to call once I return from Europe, so anytime now.

One doozy of a week ahead... Letís see if I can even complete that first step. Revised letter while away, so all set to print out and distribute at my weekly meeting. Oy vey.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:14 PM   #162
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Kelly - that looks awesome! Such patience and detail work.

Dave - seriously how DOES someone put their keys in the trunk?!

Pam - Not easy.

Brian - holy cow! I guess you just might have the most interesting week.

Its such a nice day - I really, really want to powerwash the deck. sigh.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:50 PM   #163
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Doesnít sound like something Iíd want to do, Patty. But sorry you canít.

As for the week, letís hope itís at least mostly good interesting...
Old 05-19-2019, 05:10 PM   #164
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Glad all went well, Pam. Not easy Iím sure.

Intercontinental triple STP, Dan and Pam!
Craziness! Three time zones, too, with Dan in Nashville.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:12 PM   #165
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Currently flying over London. Supposed to land in Newark around 7 p.m. Eastern.

Then have to give notice on freaking Monday.

But thatís not all. Future bossís associate calls a few days ago to let me know my first assignment wants to meet me in person. I expressed some displeasure about not being told about having to do more interviews, but he assured me it was informal and some companies do such just to make sure Iím not some crazy person. Well, thatís debatable... though makes sense, I suppose. Regardless, an unplanned annoyance, but it is what it is. Now have to meet them Tuesday morning.

What I did like is the first assignment is some type of systems integration. I informed associate I have pretty much no experience with such, but he didnít seem to think that mattered. If the actual company agrees and all goes well, would automatically be a nice plus on my resume, which is exactly what I was looking for. But of course, who the hell knows...

Then another recruiter dude calls about an opportunity in the next town over. Ordinarily Iíd say no, but since only 10-15 minutes, away, I figure it canít hurt. They want me to interview Wednesday.

But thatís not all, either. First bossís boss (the former President/CFO who had told my former manager sheíd become director and me Iíd become manager three years ago before all hell broke loose) emails me out of the blue a few days ago. Seems his new company has an opening. Would be a lateral move to another senior cost accountant position, which doesnít please me too much. However, he did say it would pretty much be developing everything from scratch with a new system, so that does intrigue me more. Plus of course we have a good history.

Problem is the position is in Connecticut, which of course means relocation. He realizes itís a longshot, but seems to really want me. If that desire translates into the much higher salary Iíd require, there may be a chance. Extremely doubtful, but again, canít hurt to chat... Heís supposed to call once I return from Europe, so anytime now.

One doozy of a week ahead... Letís see if I can even complete that first step. Revised letter while away, so all set to print out and distribute at my weekly meeting. Oy vey.
THAT is a lot going on for the week back from vacation.
Good luck Brian! I'm sure everything will align properly.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:11 PM   #166
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Craziness! Three time zones, too, with Dan in Nashville.

Indeed! Great point on the added time zone complexity, hasnít thought of Nashvilleís being Central.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
THAT is a lot going on for the week back from vacation.
Good luck Brian! I'm sure everything will align properly.

Thanks, Dave! Iím not so sure... but I do appreciate your confidence.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:33 PM   #167
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Brian, that sounds like quite the week. Iíd jump at the chance to change jobs, but since we are planning on moving in three to five years, it doesnít make sense to move. So I will wait it out. Pay is good, I am my own boss and I have some pretty good job security. No one even knows what I do.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:34 AM   #168
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
Brian, that sounds like quite the week. Iíd jump at the chance to change jobs, but since we are planning on moving in three to five years, it doesnít make sense to move. So I will wait it out. Pay is good, I am my own boss and I have some pretty good job security. No one even knows what I do.

Ha, I do understand. Unfortunately my pay is rather poor (not that Iím bettering it because Iím an idiot, but hopefully giving it a chance to expand further than I otherwise could in the future). Boss issues Iíve already noted, if it was how it used to be I would never have started looking. Job security Iíve got since much like yours no one else has a clue. But at the same time I donít trust that a couple years down the line theyíll find a way to replace me since Iím from the ďold regimeĒ. And I really donít feel like continuing to do something I never wanted in the first place knowing that could happen. Or at best I just keep doing what Iím doing with no change in pay and position.

Yep, scared as hell but keep coming back to the same conclusion Iíve to got to take the chance and give this a shot.

It is indeed freaking Monday once again. Bah humbug. Here we go...
Old 05-20-2019, 06:24 AM   #169
beansprout
Grand Villa

WOW! Welcome home Brian...freaking yet very interesting Monday!
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:43 AM   #170
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Ha, I do understand. Unfortunately my pay is rather poor (not that Iím bettering it because Iím an idiot, but hopefully giving it a chance to expand further than I otherwise could in the future). Boss issues Iíve already noted, if it was how it used to be I would never have started looking. Job security Iíve got since much like yours no one else has a clue. But at the same time I donít trust that a couple years down the line theyíll find a way to replace me since Iím from the ďold regimeĒ. And I really donít feel like continuing to do something I never wanted in the first place knowing that could happen. Or at best I just keep doing what Iím doing with no change in pay and position.

Yep, scared as hell but keep coming back to the same conclusion Iíve to got to take the chance and give this a shot.

It is indeed freaking Monday once again. Bah humbug. Here we go...
It is scary to change jobs, but all will be well. That much I know. I was terrified when I took the job I have now. It was a significant cut in pay....but also a cut in hours and stress. It was very much worth it. My comments were more because I would seriously look for something, but given our short horizon for our build and eventual move, iíll stay put. Now, moving two hours away and not have something before we move, that has me worried. But iíll start looking before the move and hopefully will have some contracts lined up. We will see.