home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-09-2019, 05:35 PM   #111
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc1073 View Post

Would it be of any help to actually speak with SW representative and ask "are you planning on cancelling my flights"???
In my case, I literally spoke a rep less than 48 hours before my flight. She said it was good to go. I'm still hurting from the $877 I had to pay to rebook on delta.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:07 PM   #112
jpc1073
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
In my case, I literally spoke a rep less than 48 hours before my flight. She said it was good to go. I'm still hurting from the $877 I had to pay to rebook on delta.
I just got off the phone with a SW rep. She advised that many of the concerns I voiced about late cancellations / delays were related to the timing of Max 8 issue; being so close to spring break. She further said that as of today they are through mid-May on swapping out Max 8 planes on all flights. I gave her the dates of my flight and flight numbers and she confirmed that they are not Max 8 planes (which I could already see on the website) and "there shouldn't be a problem with those flights". Call it naivety, but I trust that simply swapping out the Max 8 planes should solve the issue. At this point, what else can I do.

Like Andy Dufresne said, Hope is a good thing.
jpc1073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:19 PM   #113
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

We had our mid-May return flight cancelled. They sent us an email which moved us to a late-night flight. I checked and there was an earlier nonstop which had room for us. I called and had them switch us to the earlier flight. Calling helped as it allowed me to keep the Earlybird status I paid for. Fortunately our arrival flight has not (yet!) been affected.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #114
IslaTurbine
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc1073 View Post
I just got off the phone with a SW rep. She advised that many of the concerns I voiced about late cancellations / delays were related to the timing of Max 8 issue; being so close to spring break. She further said that as of today they are through mid-May on swapping out Max 8 planes on all flights. I gave her the dates of my flight and flight numbers and she confirmed that they are not Max 8 planes (which I could already see on the website) and "there shouldn't be a problem with those flights". Call it naivety, but I trust that simply swapping out the Max 8 planes should solve the issue. At this point, what else can I do.

Like Andy Dufresne said, Hope is a good thing.
An airline creates it's schedule on the fleet it has and generally a year or more in advance. If they are swapping non-Max airplanes onto the Max routes, then they are pulling those non-Max 737s from other routes that they would have been originally scheduled to perform. It saves your flight but likely screws others.
IslaTurbine is offline   Reply With Quote