home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 11:09 AM   #1741
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Have I missed something, or is this link to Riviera under DVC Resorts new?

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...iviera-resort/

I think they only place I noticed Riviera on Disney websites earlier was on the cash resort side. This could have been sitting there for awhile, though.

Dirk
It's been there for at least a week or so with the TBD placeholder for points.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #1742
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:

I think they only place I noticed Riviera on Disney websites earlier was on the cash resort side. This could have been sitting there for awhile, though.

Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Yeah, it has been there as much as a month or two even. Its where I got all the floorplans from.

The only slightly newer one is at the following link, and I think it was put there when the sweepstakes started.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR
Old 03-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #1743
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
It seems to have more info than the cash booking link - such as views and various options for disability needs. Makes me wonder just how many standard, non-handicapped tower studios there might be. Will likely never stay in one unless points-flush and on a solo trip, but I suspect they will be hard studios to book.

Dirk

Old 03-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #1744
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I'm kind of where Tom is now where I need to see something that will "Wow" me before I plunk down the money for Riviera. The resale restrictions are concerning, to say the least. Also, the economy is looking like it's going to take a nosedive soon no matter what the Fed is doing to try to avoid that. The thing to do if someone wants to own there may be to wait and see what incentives they offer should the economy go into a recession sooner rather than later.

Resales do not bother me for Riviera. In 8 years, where will the 2042 resale pricing be with 15 years left? Where will the direct add-on pricing for the 2042 resorts be with only 15 years left ?

Economy will be fine till the end of the year. give or take a few months.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:22 AM   #1745
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Resales do not bother me for Riviera. In 8 years, where will the 2042 resale pricing be with 15 years left? Where will the direct add-on pricing for the 2042 resorts be with only 15 years left ?

Economy will be fine till the end of the year. give or take a few months.
They will still be actively selling Riviera then though. My understanding is that they didn't lower the price per point for any of the resorts sold during the last recession, but they did offer a lot of very nice incentives which effectively lowered the price per point. Does anyone remember exactly what went on then with the direct resorts?
Old 03-25-2019, 11:47 AM   #1746
Goofy Dad 13
Grand Villa

Quote:

Dirk
While we are waiting for point info, anyone want to speculate on what characters will be at Topolino's character breakfast?
Indulge in an unforgettable signature dinner experience accompanied by sights of nearby nighttime spectaculars at Epcot or Disney's Hollywood Studios. Or, rise early and stop by for breakfast done the Disney way, with a prix-fixe Disney Character Dining experience.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #1747
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Now that the resort information is out, I'm closing this thread. All further Riviera discussion can be found here:

http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=135519

Dirk

Closed Thread