home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 06:50 PM   #11
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Wow!
What a great trip.
And a happy anniversary to you!

V&A must have been amazing.
I am not sure if we will ever decide on the splurge, but thank you for sharing. With little insights like you just shared, it may make me rethink...hmm, maybe someday?!
I have always heard they went above and beyond. Thatís why itís one of the top restaurants in the country!

Glad you had a wonderful trip!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #12
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Sounds great, and I would have enjoyed hearing about the beach portion.
Okay what are Cachapas????
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:41 PM   #13
dvcfan937
Studio

Great trip report. I'm living vicariously thru trip reports until my trip at end of the year. How were the crowds? I'm considering of breaking my self-imposed rule of never going to WDW in June but my DS graduates from HS next year and my DD is going away for 2 years and that may the only time that we could go together.
dvcfan937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:44 AM   #14
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
Sounds great, and I would have enjoyed hearing about the beach portion.
Okay what are Cachapas????
Here is a link with a description and a picture: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/0...m/#more-172662

Scroll down a bit until you see it.

Regarding the beach portion, I have gone to Sandestin (Miramar Beach), FL every year since I was a kid. It is 8 miles east of Destin. We ate at our favorite restaurants, relaxed on the beach, swam with the kids in the ocean and the pool, and all around had a great beach vacation. Shoot me a private message if you have any questions. Like I said, I've gone for over 20 years now, so we know the area very well.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:42 AM   #15
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcfan937 View Post
Great trip report. I'm living vicariously thru trip reports until my trip at end of the year. How were the crowds? I'm considering of breaking my self-imposed rule of never going to WDW in June but my DS graduates from HS next year and my DD is going away for 2 years and that may the only time that we could go together.
Honestly, the crowds werenít bad at all. We were dreading going in the summer because of the heat and the crowds. The heat is manageable if you take a midday break. The crowds were a lot lower than we expected. Also, since it is hotter, you can use the pools and go to the water parks. It was actually pretty cool for MM at TL because it was at night. When people got off of rides there, they were shivering and needed a towel. It rained every afternoon, but thatís usually when we were napping. We will definitely be going back in June.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #16
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Woohoo, thanks for the great TR. Sounds like great fun!
We're kinda with you on the Poly. We love the resort, but don't love just the option for studios (not counting the bungalows as they are too many points). We missed trying those nachos...and missed our Tonga toast, as we just stayed way too busy while we were at the Poly. Didn't get to really enjoy the resort except for 1 pool day.
Those cachapas are great! I chose that for my appetizer at Skipper, and yum!!!

Thanks for the Universal info too. We might go back in Oct, still debating. So NBC was a great place to eat? and what did you think of Portofino?
we've stayed at the other two, but not Portofino. We were concerned about it being so far to walk from the parks, but it looks so nice!

Glad y'all had a great time!!!!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:13 AM   #17
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Great trip report! Sounds like a wonderful and long vacation. Nice to hear that the crowds weren't that bad and that the heat was manageable. I had to look up the cachapas to be reminded of what it was and we did try those back in February. So good!

Since you mentioned the horns at the Poly, can you tell me which building you were staying in? Was your room close to the lagoon? We have never stayed there and are going to stay in a studio in July and I have requested the Tokelau building. Maybe I should request to be at the end away from the water/boats.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #18
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Great trip!! Happy Anniversary!~

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #19
dvcfan937
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Honestly, the crowds werenít bad at all. We were dreading going in the summer because of the heat and the crowds. The heat is manageable if you take a midday break. The crowds were a lot lower than we expected. Also, since it is hotter, you can use the pools and go to the water parks. It was actually pretty cool for MM at TL because it was at night. When people got off of rides there, they were shivering and needed a towel. It rained every afternoon, but thatís usually when we were napping. We will definitely be going back in June.
Thanks for the tip. I usually go to WDW at the end of the year so the crowds don't bother me too much ( I went to DL last year on NYE, thank God for GCV) but heat and crowds together is like going back to Iraq.
dvcfan937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:45 PM   #20
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
June 8th
The next morning we got up for EMH at MK, rode a lot of rides, ate at Whispering Canyon for lunch, and then napped.
Sounds like a great trip! How was Whispering Canyon? Toned down from the past, or still its same antics?
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote