home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #1
Doug Disney
One Bedroom

Default Buying the dining plan and then changing # in room

I can't find any info on this, so looking for help from fellow MO's!

If you book a DVC room with say 4 people, then buy the DDP, then you add 3 more people to the room at a later date, you already have a DDP booked/paid for for that room.

I would assume you could add the 3 additional people to the DDP, but what happens if you never call back? Will they cancel the DDP since it's for less people than the room ressie now?

I know if you buy the DDP for 5, but then only 4 go you're out of luck from what I've read.

TIA.
Doug Disney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:25 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

You have up until 48 hours ahead of check in to modify or add the dining plan so little need to be out of $$$'s if you drop 1 person. For the other, though we don't use the dining plan, I'd assume that when you are adding the people that the CM or the system should have some sort of reconciliation that sees you have the dining plan. If not caught there then I'd suspect the resort would catch it at check in and require you to pay for the additional people.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:21 PM   #3
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Disney View Post
I can't find any info on this, so looking for help from fellow MO's!

If you book a DVC room with say 4 people, then buy the DDP, then you add 3 more people to the room at a later date, you already have a DDP booked/paid for for that room.

I would assume you could add the 3 additional people to the DDP, but what happens if you never call back? Will they cancel the DDP since it's for less people than the room ressie now?

I know if you buy the DDP for 5, but then only 4 go you're out of luck from what I've read.

TIA.
What do you mean by you never call back?

You would not be able to add people to your reservation without adding them to the DDP. They just would not let you. All guests must be on the DDP in the same room. If you are adding them online, you may have the ability to add them. But, I am sure they will make you pay at check-in, or automatically add to your bill.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:53 PM   #4
Doug Disney
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
What do you mean by you never call back?

You would not be able to add people to your reservation without adding them to the DDP. They just would not let you. All guests must be on the DDP in the same room. If you are adding them online, you may have the ability to add them. But, I am sure they will make you pay at check-in, or automatically add to your bill.
Yes, meant changing the reservation online. But I guess at check in they’d say something. I was thinking maybe they’d just keep the DDP at whatever you bought it for originally depending if the two systems talk to each other.
Doug Disney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:16 AM   #5
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Disney View Post
Yes, meant changing the reservation online. But I guess at check in they’d say something. I was thinking maybe they’d just keep the DDP at whatever you bought it for originally depending if the two systems talk to each other.
I wonder when you added them online, if the system wouldn’t automatically add the dining plan?
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:46 AM   #6
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
I wonder when you added them online, if the system wouldn’t automatically add the dining plan?
Or automatically cancel the dining plan and issue a refund.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:15 AM   #7
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Or automatically cancel the dining plan and issue a refund.
Automatically issue a refund?

Automatically issue a refund.....
kzrooster is online now   Reply With Quote