home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Default Another Direct Price Increase is Coming in June 2019

I have now heard from multiple sources whom I consider knowledgeable that another price increase is coming for all direct purchases in June. We all suspected it with the wording that CCV is going up to $210pp on June 1st, but I have now heard this separate bit of news about all resorts increasing on June 1st from multiple people.

If you are on the fence about direct, I would possibly buy it now. Usually the resale market increases, if only slightly and sometimes hugely, after a direct price increase.

Here is the direct sales info for last month: https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...-february-2019
These were all purchases made AFTER the price increase. They're apparently still selling over 27K points/month to resorts other than CCV. People bought almost 150K points at CCV for $188pp.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:22 PM   #2
carolina_yankee
Administrator

That's fast! Do I hear $450 pp by Christmas? $500 by Disney's 50th?

Yeah. I'm not worried about my aging and unloved SSR contract losing resale value. It will always be cheaper than direct and still get you into the Legacy 14.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
That's fast! Do I hear $450 pp by Christmas? $500 by Disney's 50th?

Yeah. I'm not worried about my aging and unloved SSR contract losing resale value. It will always be cheaper than direct and still get you into the Legacy 14.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Dirk
Iím not surprised at all with this one. SWL is opening in August. I think theyíre trying to increase cost a few times to make it seem more palatable before then so that if ppl want to buy DVC when the foot traffic is higher, they have to pay more. I donít think it is a coincidence that the new DVC booth at HS is pretty close to the SWL entrance. Just my opinion.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #4
Fiveresorts
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I have now heard from multiple sources whom I consider knowledgeable that another price increase is coming for all direct purchases in June. We all suspected it with the wording that CCV is going up to $210pp on June 1st, but I have now heard this separate bit of news about all resorts increasing on June 1st from multiple people.

If you are on the fence about direct, I would possibly buy it now. Usually the resale market increases, if only slightly and sometimes hugely, after a direct price increase.

Here is the direct sales info for last month: https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...-february-2019
These were all purchases made AFTER the price increase. They're apparently still selling over 27K points/month to resorts other than CCV. People bought almost 150K points at CCV for $188pp.
CCV total points sold in February comes out to just under $28 million. That is $1 million a day. Sounds like a strong business plan.
Fiveresorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:46 PM   #5
pdude81
Grand Villa

Since they can now carve up contracts and switch use year between points in the same unit, then this is going to be a huge moneymaker. Buy your stock now everybody!

Usually with a new resort they wait 6 months to a year before raising prices so they almost get reimbursed for the first year MFs while still having been able to rent out the rooms, but this is fast! Puts a sense of urgency on purchasing Riviera points if you would do so in the first year or two anyway
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:19 PM   #6
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

They have to find some way to fund the 71 billion dollar Fox purchase. This is crazy. There has to be a tipping point. I think RR will start over 200...not interested. Would love 50 more at all my resorts, but no way at these prices.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #7
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Since they can now carve up contracts and switch use year between points in the same unit, then this is going to be a huge moneymaker. Buy your stock now everybody!

Usually with a new resort they wait 6 months to a year before raising prices so they almost get reimbursed for the first year MFs while still having been able to rent out the rooms, but this is fast! Puts a sense of urgency on purchasing Riviera points if you would do so in the first year or two anyway
They have always been able to divide contracts, it's the change in use year that is new...but it doesn't really matter.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:43 PM   #8
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
They have always been able to divide contracts, it's the change in use year that is new...but it doesn't really matter.
Yes it does. When it comes to banking and balancing out use of those points. If everyone had to use there points all at the same time and didn't plan well that's trouble.
FessParker1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #9
MMC1
Grand Villa

Ask yourself If it does not matter, why did DVC create Use Years in the beginning?
And why were they created with different amounts per month. I always assumed Disney did that to monitor/ control the obvious popular booking months to balance with demand that could occur. And why are some considered more valuable or popular and therefore difficult to find when looking for resale.
And why does Disney demand we remain in our original use year.... because they care about us?

Whoever is recreating DVC obviously has never been a member and is trying to make more money for the company and therefore secures their job and salary.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:34 PM   #10
johnsonville5
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Price increase

Where does this info come from? Disney never leaks
johnsonville5 is offline   Reply With Quote