home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 01-09-2018, 12:32 AM   #51
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 29,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
Disney got my contract 12/28 and they already waived ROFR today. I own at VGC! Woo-hoo!

So much for our conspiracy theories about them ROFR'ing everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luaulei321 View Post
Congrats! We passed, too!

Congratulations to both of you!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:59 AM   #52
Kerri jo
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Does any day one owners want to disclose the original price per point plus incentives received? And how many years the incentive was continued for your immediate family? Just feel like torturing myself apparently....
Here's a link to a very helpful table from one of the board sponsors, showing the original price per point:

https://www.resalesdvc.com/huge-pric...ect-purchases/
__________________
2018 ~ PVB;
2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:23 AM   #53
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado
 
luaulei321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 5,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Congratulations to both of you!
Thanks!
luaulei321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:59 PM   #54
LR0929
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
Here's a link to a very helpful table from one of the board sponsors, showing the original price per point:

https://www.resalesdvc.com/huge-pric...ect-purchases/
Oh wow! Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:56 AM   #55
Cjkmiller
One Bedroom
 
Cjkmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 425
Default

Sometimes I really "hate" mousowners... Yup, did a kind of quick 50 point Poly add on that never would have happend had I not freaked when I read this post...

So I would like to thank everyone for more vacations at Poly! My wallet however does not.

And I say kind of quick as they are out of my use February use year, so I have an April "held". I have the paperwork and I am sitting on it hoping they "find" the February points soon. My guid did this to lock in the price of points.
Cjkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #56
Kerri jo
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjkmiller View Post
Sometimes I really "hate" mousowners... Yup, did a kind of quick 50 point Poly add on that never would have happend had I not freaked when I read this post...

So I would like to thank everyone for more vacations at Poly! My wallet however does not.

And I say kind of quick as they are out of my use February use year, so I have an April "held". I have the paperwork and I am sitting on it hoping they "find" the February points soon. My guid did this to lock in the price of points.
Is anyone out there "holding" September points?! LOL
__________________
2018 ~ PVB;
2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:51 AM   #57
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado
 
erikthewise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 5,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
Here's a link to a very helpful table from one of the board sponsors, showing the original price per point:

https://www.resalesdvc.com/huge-pric...ect-purchases/
Thanks! I think it's hilarious that BWV had an original price of $62.75!
I would have bought there but I didn't have enough quarters...
__________________

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:32 PM   #58
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 29,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjkmiller View Post
Sometimes I really "hate" mousowners... Yup, did a kind of quick 50 point Poly add on that never would have happend had I not freaked when I read this post...

So I would like to thank everyone for more vacations at Poly! My wallet however does not.

And I say kind of quick as they are out of my use February use year, so I have an April "held". I have the paperwork and I am sitting on it hoping they "find" the February points soon. My guid did this to lock in the price of points.

Congratulations!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:55 PM   #59
Kerri jo
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 473
Default

I, too, was looking for two more small add-ons before Poly price increases again, but alas, the UY I was looking for was sold out and I'm on the WL for those. In the meantime, I came away with a guaranteed week in another UY for about 100 more points than I had planned to buy in the first place. DVC sure knows how to whip me into a panic, in a good way of course
__________________
2018 ~ PVB;
2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:03 PM   #60
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 29,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
I, too, was looking for two more small add-ons before Poly price increases again, but alas, the UY I was looking for was sold out and I'm on the WL for those. In the meantime, I came away with a guaranteed week in another UY for about 100 more points than I had planned to buy in the first place. DVC sure knows how to whip me into a panic, in a good way of course

Congratulations!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 PM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software