home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2020, 05:23 PM   #511
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
If I’m inside 30 days I could still do one?
Yes. They’ll send it as soon as you create it if you’re inside the 30 days.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:43 PM   #512
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Yes there is.

Add the trip to your dashboard. You’ll then see a button to request a room.

Use the view finder to find where you want to be and click to create a request.

The wording they use doesn’t read easy BUT it is in “room assigner speak“ so best leave it. By all means add something to explain - “or other studio overlooking Sunset savannah” or “I’d love to be bear the Rafiki elevator”.

They send an email 30 days out now, since room assignments are now done centrally and start much earlier. If you change it or add it later they’ll send it then.

And don’t contradict what you ask for there with MS or online check-in requests (leave the latter blank).

Oh, and definitely go for Sunset savannah. Click on a room close ito the lobby on either side; left is closer to back entrance to pool - that’s the 2nd block at Rafiki elevator, right is nearer to buses.
Thanks! I'm going to work on this ASAP. I did enjoy our sweet animals, but I would much rather be closer to the Sunset Savannah. and not walk SO far every day from the bus stop. Thanks for suggestions.
Jedimom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:57 PM   #513
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Yes there is.

Add the trip to your dashboard. You’ll then see a button to request a room.

Use the view finder to find where you want to be and click to create a request.

The wording they use doesn’t read easy BUT it is in “room assigner speak“ so best leave it. By all means add something to explain - “or other studio overlooking Sunset savannah” or “I’d love to be bear the Rafiki elevator”.

They send an email 30 days out now, since room assignments are now done centrally and start much earlier. If you change it or add it later they’ll send it then.

And don’t contradict what you ask for there with MS or online check-in requests (leave the latter blank).

Oh, and definitely go for Sunset savannah. Click on a room close ito the lobby on either side; left is closer to back entrance to pool - that’s the 2nd block at Rafiki elevator, right is nearer to buses.
I'm lost on step number one...adding it to my dashboard. No clue how to do this. ??
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:44 PM   #514
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Martha’s Vineyard is open
Hurricane Hannah’s is doing drinks and some food
Ale & Compass Lounge and restaurant at The YC are open

Also the Boardwalk bakery and pizza window for QS.

The friendship boats are returning from Nov 1st

https://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...n-november.htm
Yes and Beaches and Cream is open for reservations but the ice cream walk up window is open with social distancing que in place
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:11 AM   #515
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I'm lost on step number one...adding it to my dashboard. No clue how to do this. ??
Go to TouringPlans.com

At the top there are two boxes:
Crowd Tracker on the left, Reservation Finder on the right.

Underneath there is a box with “+ Add a trip”.

Click that.

Just a note for others: You do need a subscription to submit a room request, but I don’t think you need one to add a trip or look at the rooms.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:47 AM   #516
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Go to TouringPlans.com

At the top there are two boxes:
Crowd Tracker on the left, Reservation Finder on the right.

Underneath there is a box with “+ Add a trip”.

Click that.

Just a note for others: You do need a subscription to submit a room request, but I don’t think you need one to add a trip or look at the rooms.
Wow. Just wow!! My mind is mush. I know my kids both get their amazing reading skills from their father. I totally missed that this was thru TouringPlans in Jedimom’s post Maybe I should join...there was something else I read about on MO that sounded helpful. Dining maybe?

Thanks for your reply. I was looking at the DVC site. I couldn’t believe I had missed out on this amazing upgrade to their IT
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:00 PM   #517
Lola
Studio

New Stupid Question here.....
When booking dining in Disney Springs, Do you use Disney reservations or OpenTable??
I find much more availability with OpenTable, but worry about the capacity limit of Disney Springs. Will they let me in for a reservation if they are at capacity and I booked through OpenTable rather than on Disney site?
Asking for Christmas week, so crowds will be high..
Thanks!!
Old 10-30-2020, 06:41 PM   #518
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
New Stupid Question here.....
When booking dining in Disney Springs, Do you use Disney reservations or OpenTable??
I find much more availability with OpenTable, but worry about the capacity limit of Disney Springs. Will they let me in for a reservation if they are at capacity and I booked through OpenTable rather than on Disney site?
Asking for Christmas week, so crowds will be high..
Thanks!!
Both reservation systems are valid ways of booking. The 3rd part run restaurants will have a certain proportion reservations available through Disney. If they are at capacity then you may need to wait for a table, but that applies however you booked.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:59 AM   #519
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Default Memory Maker photos

So, for our Feb 2020 trip, we had AP’s, which included Memory Maker. I forgot to download the photos before I cancelled the AP’s. Totally my fault. I’d still like those photos for my collection. Any idea who I can contact to purchase them? I’m afraid if I do it online, it will only cover future photos, not the ones from February. Thanks so much!!!
Old 10-31-2020, 06:42 AM   #520
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
So, for our Feb 2020 trip, we had AP’s, which included Memory Maker. I forgot to download the photos before I cancelled the AP’s. Totally my fault. I’d still like those photos for my collection. Any idea who I can contact to purchase them? I’m afraid if I do it online, it will only cover future photos, not the ones from February. Thanks so much!!!
MDE photos section?