home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2020, 04:11 PM   #1
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Default Disneyland Paris closing

Disneyland Paris is closing again due to Covid spike. Not surprising but probably doesn't bode well for Disneyland in CA to reopen anytime in the near or not too distant future.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/10/breaking-d...d-19-lockdown/
Old 10-28-2020, 04:18 PM   #2
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
Disneyland Paris is closing again due to Covid spike. Not surprising but probably doesn't bode well for Disneyland in CA to reopen anytime in the near or not too distant future.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/10/breaking-d...d-19-lockdown/
Yeah. It looks like more than half of Europe is closing with it too. Dark times.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:44 PM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Yep. The shittiness continues.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:03 AM   #4
SAMAYA
Studio

That's so disappointing, feel for those visitors who were suppose to be there for Halloween as it's closing on Oct 30 and so sorry for the castmembers as currently this lock-down is to last to at least the end of Nov.

There was actually some positive news released a week ago at Disneyland Paris as they are covering their outdoor car parks with solar panel canopy's. That's an amazing reuse of land and saves vast areas of green space being lost to just a solar panel installation.

It will supply up to 17% of the Disneyland Paris resort and will illuminate a section in the shape of a Mickey Mouse head at night, which will be visible from the sky.

So I wonder if WDW will soon be considering installing similar on their vast areas of car park's, with more and more electric cars what better way than to recharge them from a solar power source while visiting the parks.

Worth checking out the report on the Disney Park blog at https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...cts-in-europe/
SAMAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:36 AM   #5
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMAYA View Post
So I wonder if WDW will soon be considering installing similar on their vast areas of car park's, with more and more electric cars what better way than to recharge them from a solar power source while visiting the parks.
I don't think so, for a couple reasons.
(1) WDW already has already installed vast areas of solar panels on otherwise unused sections of their 43 square miles. They're using that electricity for themselves.
(2) There are no car parks at WDW, just parking lots.
Seriously, that's what we yanks call them. The first time I heard the term "car park" was when watching "Hitchhiker's Guide" on TV.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)

Last edited by erikthewise; 10-29-2020 at 04:41 AM.
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:03 AM   #6
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Can't wait for this to be over

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:09 PM   #7
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMAYA View Post
That's so disappointing, feel for those visitors who were suppose to be there for Halloween as it's closing on Oct 30 and so sorry for the castmembers as currently this lock-down is to last to at least the end of Nov.

There was actually some positive news released a week ago at Disneyland Paris as they are covering their outdoor car parks with solar panel canopy's. That's an amazing reuse of land and saves vast areas of green space being lost to just a solar panel installation.

It will supply up to 17% of the Disneyland Paris resort and will illuminate a section in the shape of a Mickey Mouse head at night, which will be visible from the sky.

Worth checking out the report on the Disney Park blog at https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...cts-in-europe/
WDW has already done that but because of the amount of land they own it did not need to be over a parking area. I do think that it is actually nice over a parking area though as it provides shade for the cars. But WDW has the original Mickey solar head.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:27 PM   #8
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

I read it's closed till Feb, but will be open over Christmas. Yes? or did I dream that and have bad reading skills again?
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:14 PM   #9
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I read it's closed till Feb, but will be open over Christmas. Yes? or did I dream that and have bad reading skills again?
That's the news.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:32 PM   #10
wiltony
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
FEBRUARY?! They've mandated it close for FOUR months?!

My god, this is out of hand. I thought we were just trying to flatten the curve, not eradicate the virus.
wiltony is offline   Reply With Quote