home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 10-21-2020, 07:54 PM   #181
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 36,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixaddict View Post
Just an update that we placed our offer for Saratoga Springs for 220 points on August 4th. ROFR was waived on September 14th. We received notification on October 13 that our offer has closed with the title company. We were then given a 3-6 weeks for our membership to post.

Congratulations! And welcome aboard.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:21 PM   #182
lephelps
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
lephelps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Fairport, NY (Rochester)
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarco11 View Post
Fingers crossed that cases will be on the decline by April for their trip.

I did have the opportunity to use some of my shiny new points on my own trip coming up starting this weekend. Two of our three nights will now be at BLT, but did not jump quickly enough to get all 3 days when available (lesson learned) so we are still in the Main tower of the Contemporary for the first night. Super excited to be "Welcomed Home" for my first time as a DVC owner!
Congrats! We can’t wait to hear that phrase as owners too, hopefully in February. We booked 3 nights in a 2BR at our home resort (OKW) for the week of February break because we have points to “use or lose.” DH and I plan to enjoy a resort-only stay with some Disney golf and exploring while the boys (20 and 16) have a couple days at the parks. We’re trying to convince FIL and MIL to join us and move their quarantining from their house in St. Augustine to the resort and then will go back to their house for the rest of the week before heading home.

I’m really hoping my DVC “Welcome home” MagicBand arriving in the mail the same day we got our points proves to be a good omen.
__________________
Laura

WDW
'89 - Kissimmee
'96, '98 - Dixie Landings
'02, '03, '05, '07, '12, '17 - OKW (renting points)
'21 - OKW (owners)
'22 - OKW, postponed family vacation
DLR
'05, '14 - DLH
'18 - VGC (renting points)

lephelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:01 PM   #183
E2ME2
One Bedroom
 
E2ME2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lephelps View Post
Congrats! We can’t wait to hear that phrase as owners too, hopefully in February. We booked 3 nights in a 2BR at our home resort (OKW) for the week of February break because we have points to “use or lose.” DH and I plan to enjoy a resort-only stay with some Disney golf and exploring while the boys (20 and 16) have a couple days at the parks. We’re trying to convince FIL and MIL to join us and move their quarantining from their house in St. Augustine to the resort and then will go back to their house for the rest of the week before heading home.

I’m really hoping my DVC “Welcome home” MagicBand arriving in the mail the same day we got our points proves to be a good omen.
Congrats, good luck on your Feb. trip. We will be at SSR in Feb, and are hoping things are much better then.
__________________
ET
SSR-2011
E2ME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:52 PM   #184
lephelps
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
lephelps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Fairport, NY (Rochester)
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
Congrats, good luck on your Feb. trip. We will be at SSR in Feb, and are hoping things are much better then.
Thanks, and good luck on your trip as well. We are desperate for an escape...no vacation this year has us going just a little stir crazy.
__________________
Laura

WDW
'89 - Kissimmee
'96, '98 - Dixie Landings
'02, '03, '05, '07, '12, '17 - OKW (renting points)
'21 - OKW (owners)
'22 - OKW, postponed family vacation
DLR
'05, '14 - DLH
'18 - VGC (renting points)

lephelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 01:23 PM   #185
E2ME2
One Bedroom
 
E2ME2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lephelps View Post
Thanks, and good luck on your trip as well. We are desperate for an escape...no vacation this year has us going just a little stir crazy.
I understand -- no vacation for almost a year can do that
It's just uncanny timing on my part, that has made this year a little more bearable. We got our big Family Trip done in late January, and I did it over the MLK week, so as not to need a full week of vacation time. I retire the end of this year, and I have 6-Weeks of carry-over from last year, that I can add to my unused leave from this year, and cash that all out on Dec. 31, so I had planned not to take any more vacations in 2020 anyway. Then, when COVID hit hard in March, I was granted full time WFH, and have been making the best of that situation, saving on gas, lunch $$, and the stress of the commute. It made turning in my leased vehicle in October an easy decision, and I did not get a new lease. The only down side for me has been not spending time with the grandkids. (Makes that January trip all the more memorable right now)! We have ressies in for Jan & Feb 2021, and are hoping & praying that we can have a great DVC trip then!
__________________
ET
SSR-2011
E2ME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:52 PM   #186
dmaxphil
Two Bedroom
 
dmaxphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In the shadows
Posts: 660
Default

dmaxphil:BLT, Feb (200) 0/20, 200/21, 135pp, sent 10/22/2020
dmaxphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 06:52 PM   #187
Raspus
Two Bedroom
 
Raspus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nothern Ohio
Posts: 678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxphil View Post
dmaxphil:BLT, Feb (200) 0/20, 200/21, 135pp, sent 10/22/2020
Good luck with ROFR
__________________
Raspus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:43 PM   #188
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 36,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxphil View Post
dmaxphil:BLT, Feb (200) 0/20, 200/21, 135pp, sent 10/22/2020

Best of luck with ROFR!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #189
MinnieSueB
Studio
 
MinnieSueB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: NC
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxphil View Post
dmaxphil:BLT, Feb (200) 0/20, 200/21, 135pp, sent 10/22/2020
BLT - one of my faves! Good Luck!!!
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:35 PM   #190
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa
 
pooh bears mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 4,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixaddict View Post
Just an update that we placed our offer for Saratoga Springs for 220 points on August 4th. ROFR was waived on September 14th. We received notification on October 13 that our offer has closed with the title company. We were then given a 3-6 weeks for our membership to post.
Congratulations!!
__________________
pooh bears mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software