home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #11
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMouse1 View Post
Oh I agree I got a load of information from these boards. I am just one of those odd people that likes to read all the official documents! LOL
Thank you
Then you'll read them, think you've got it all figured out and then get to what I call "the last sentence". It's not actually the last sentence but they tell you that they retain the right to change pretty much anything and everything.

There are a few things they don't have that right to do but there's a lot they can change too.

I've also read more than one of them.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #12
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Oh I agree I got a load of information from these boards. I am just one of those odd people that likes to read all the official documents! LOL
Thank you
I completely understand, and have done so myself as well. Enjoy your reading.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 10:35 PM   #13
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thank you
First, you are wise to read all those documents before buying.
Second, if you like to read all those docs, you are in the right place. There are a lot of DVC geeks on this site who like to read all those thing. Just wait until they change something we don't like - half the regulars here will be pulling out our copies and reading and re-reading and discussing whether or not they can actually do that. More than once, DVC has had to back-track and not be so tight fisted because too many members have read the docs. One thing to keep in mind when buying is your choice on home resort. The "rules" on the legacy resorts (anything built before Riviera) are all the same. Riviera and any resort built after that have some differences. The differences are much less friendly to resale buyers - so it won't matter to a direct buyer unless that direct buyer wants to sell their contract. The resale contract will have more restrictions that other resorts so it could impact the resale value.

Happy reading!

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote