home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #1
momeja
Grand Villa

Default MNSSHP tickets not available?

Does anyone know why Disney included MNSSHP tickets when it stopped ticket sales yesterday and do we have any information as to when sales will start again? I almost bought tickets yesterday morning, paused when I heard the news about the reopening, then when I went back to the site, I couldn't! ARGH!

momeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
robinb
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by momeja View Post
Does anyone know why Disney included MNSSHP tickets when it stopped ticket sales yesterday and do we have any information as to when sales will start again? I almost bought tickets yesterday morning, paused when I heard the news about the reopening, then when I went back to the site, I couldn't! ARGH!
I don't think Disney could do MNSSHP under the current rules. No parades. No fireworks. No meet and greets. No trick or treating. What's left?

Perhaps they are rethinking parties for the fall.

robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:10 AM   #3
swat08
One Bedroom

When the party dates were first I announced, I bought our tickets for 8/13. MNSSHP for that date is still on the park hours calendar even after they were updated yesterday. The parade is our favorite part of the party and if that's not happening not sure we want to go, but also not sure we would get a refund. I'll decide closer to the date and when more announcements are made on park reservations.
swat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:15 AM   #4
pdude81
Grand Villa

No tickets are available for purchase online right now. Or fastpasses, or I think dining reservations.

If you had existing reservations they will still show up
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:18 AM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I don't think Disney could do MNSSHP under the current rules. No parades. No fireworks. No meet and greets. No trick or treating. What's left?

I agree.....Initially, the MNSSHP night will probably be eliminated. Perhaps by October, they can start adding them back in if the coronavirus situation keeps getting better.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:18 AM   #6
Raspus
Two Bedroom

We also bought our tickets to MNSSHP awhile ago. Have no idea if the party is on. Don’t even know if we’ll go to WDW. All depends on what’s going on in Oct. just waiting on more information.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:34 AM   #7
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post

I agree, you are paying for... longer lines for rides because nothing is pulling guests away.

Parties are probably gone.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:50 AM   #8
momeja
Grand Villa

Interesting. Everyone's points about parties in the age of social distancing are spot on. I wonder if they will keep the parties or jettison as too difficult to set up/control.

As for the specifics, I'd think they'd bring back fireworks before parades because it's possible to enforce social distancing with fireworks, not so much with parades. Of course, the parade is definitely the highlight of MNSSHP, so we may be happier spending our money on a tour, assuming these are running again by October, rather than MNSSHP tickets.

It's so hard to wrap one's head around all the consequences of the COVID-19 changes and how Disney will be in the midst of this. Such a different reality.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:51 AM   #9
momeja
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Perhaps by October, they can start adding them back in if the coronavirus situation keeps getting better.
Or not, if there's a 2nd wave.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:51 PM   #10
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by momeja View Post
Or not, if there's a 2nd wave.

I am not jumping on the second wave bandwagon just yet. Way too early and I also think that the new normal will prevent another NYC event. There were lots of mistakes made that will not be repeated.