home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-16-2019, 12:49 PM   #21
BobParr
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
We do online check-in for airlines all the time. For hotels, though, I've always felt that it hampered our ability to get either an upgrade (it's part of the "rules" for elites for our hotel chains) and an early check-in as some places actually have one pick a room.

I do realize that these things are likely handled differently at Disney, but just never got in the habit of liking it for hotels. Always a short wait and we get to reconfirm our PINs.

Cheers.
I feel the exact same way. If I check in online, we get the room we get. In person, I have a shot at talking them into a more optimal situation. This happened a Poly last summer, they had us out in the boonies and I was able to get us a room on the pool.

It doesn't always work, but 2 or 3 out of 10 times makes it worth the shot.
BobParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:56 AM   #22
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobParr View Post
I feel the exact same way. If I check in online, we get the room we get. In person, I have a shot at talking them into a more optimal situation. This happened a Poly last summer, they had us out in the boonies and I was able to get us a room on the pool.

It doesn't always work, but 2 or 3 out of 10 times makes it worth the shot.
Never underestimate the power of schmooze.

Cheers.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:31 PM   #23
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
It’s ironic. I just told my boss a couple of weeks ago that I knew healthcare was in trouble when we had to start paying someone to be nice to our patients. They call the position a “patient care advocate.” I thought that was part of my job as a nurse? All of the technology that has been put in place to “streamline tasks and improve the patient experience,” Ha! All we have accomplished is turning the staff into a horde of box checking zombies who are focusing on tasks instead of the patient experience. And the solution to that? Hire a fluff and puff to go be nice to people. The world is a crazy place...

Rant over. The filter between my brain and my mouth is pretty much useless these days.
so agree! I have become quite acquainted with the Nurse Navigators of late I understand that they are freeing up time for the Docs... if only they could answer a question...

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2020**
**Boardwalk Feb. 2020**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL, Poly, & DRR
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote