home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #51
bwvBound
Grand Villa

NOTE: 7/4 is no longer "sold out" for FLEX AP! The slash has been removed.

EDITED TO ADD: I loosely monitored reservations for 7/4 throughout the day. There have been many flip-flops in status (available/unavailable). Seems that cancellations are returned back to Flex AP holders fairly quickly (more fluidly than I would have expected!) allowing others to grab the open slots.

At this time, 9:25p PT, the 4th is AVAILABLE.

Quite interesting!

Last edited by bwvBound; 07-04-2019 at 12:26 AM.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #52
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Just adding a data point: 7/5 showed "unavailable" to Flex Passholders when I checked near the date but 7/6 and each date since has remained open. I haven't personally seen any dates other than 7/4 and 7/5 hit and maintain occupancy limits for this pass type.

(We've already noted that 6/24, the first day SW:GE went truly public, reached occupancy but was later re-opened.)
Old 10-16-2019, 11:33 AM   #53
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Curious new Flex Pass behavior: Every ‘Reservation Required’ date for either park is now “sold out” (full, unavailable to new reservations).

So ... every weekend through mid-Nov is “unavailable” to new Flex Pass Reservations. Very strange?
Old 10-16-2019, 01:12 PM   #54
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
Curious new Flex Pass behavior: Every ‘Reservation Required’ date for either park is now “sold out” (full, unavailable to new reservations).

So ... every weekend through mid-Nov is “unavailable” to new Flex Pass Reservations. Very strange?
I noticed it's starting to book up where it didn't used to. My guess is that they have now sold more of this product and so getting more use. It was just a couple of days ago I last looked and noticed the weekend trend too.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #55
lcras
Studio

I have been watching availability as I was considering purchasing this pass when my current pass expires in November. But the way it looks right now, it is no different than the Southern California Select Pass, so that would make it not worth the cost difference.
Quote:

Home Resorts: AKV, BLT, BWV, VGF
lcras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:58 PM   #56
heathpack
Studio

Quote:

I'm not sure if you consider a Friday to be a weekend day, but I just made a Flex Pass reservation yesterday for Friday Nov 8. Its a "good to go" day for DCA but a "reservation needed" day for Disneyland.

Today Nov 8 is unavailable for reservations at Disneyland.

I wonder what time of day the reservations become available, if its going to become difficult to book reservations at the 30 day mark?

Member DVC Hilton Head Island & Villas at Grand Californian
Hyatt Residence Club High Sierra Lodge, Tahoe
Hyatt Residence Club Highlands Inn, Carmel CA
Marriott Vacation Club Barony Beach Resort,Hilton Head
Marriott Vacation Club Mountainside, Park City
Vistana Signature Network Broadway Plantation, Myrtle Beach
heathpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:53 PM   #57
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathpack View Post
I'm not sure if you consider a Friday to be a weekend day, but I just made a Flex Pass reservation yesterday for Friday Nov 8. Its a "good to go" day for DCA but a "reservation needed" day for Disneyland.

Today Nov 8 is unavailable for reservations at Disneyland.

I wonder what time of day the reservations become available, if its going to become difficult to book reservations at the 30 day mark?
11/8 at DL certainly counts as it a reservation is required and is, at present, at capacity or otherwise unavailable.

FWIW, last night I cancelled reservations for 11/11 as it remained available (at that time) and rebooked for 10/27. Now both of these, like all other reservation required dates, are at capacity or otherwise unavailable.

I'd like to think this is a system glitch and will be resolved rather than to think that all dates, going forward are likely to hit and maintain capacity. We'll see! Specifically, we'll see tomorrow what happens to 11/16 as it enters the 30-day reservation window.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:58 PM   #58
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Good news! Something seems to have resolved. Glitch is repaired? Reservation dates have opened up again. Phew!!
Old 10-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #59
heathpack
Studio

Quote:
Good news! Something seems to have resolved. Glitch is repaired? Reservation dates have opened up again. Phew!!
Welp, I booked 10/25. Because I could. Not 100% sure I'll keep it, we're going Nov 8 and Nov 14/15 already.

But I am a sucker for all things tiki and I'd love to get one of the Halloween-themed tiki mugs at Trader Sam's, if they're still available. I can't get down there this weekend. And we'd hate to drive all the way to DLR and not step into the park. I'm thinking maybe something like Trader Sam's around 3pm, then maybe a couple of hours of Photopass and riding anything we can get with MaxPass and then Halloween Screams....

Member DVC Hilton Head Island & Villas at Grand Californian
Hyatt Residence Club High Sierra Lodge, Tahoe
Hyatt Residence Club Highlands Inn, Carmel CA
Marriott Vacation Club Barony Beach Resort,Hilton Head
Marriott Vacation Club Mountainside, Park City
Vistana Signature Network Broadway Plantation, Myrtle Beach
heathpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #60
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathpack View Post
Welp, I booked 10/25. Because I could. Not 100% sure I'll keep it, we're going Nov 8 and Nov 14/15 already.

But I am a sucker for all things tiki and I'd love to get one of the Halloween-themed tiki mugs at Trader Sam's, if they're still available. I can't get down there this weekend. And we'd hate to drive all the way to DLR and not step into the park. I'm thinking maybe something like Trader Sam's around 3pm, then maybe a couple of hours of Photopass and riding anything we can get with MaxPass and then Halloween Screams....
LOL. Totally understand. We booked 10/27 "just because it was there" and because we missed some of the seasonal changes at DCA. We need to go back!