home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #161
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

This has to be the pinnacle of Disney IT failures. Half of the ones they say are available suddenly aren't when I select them, then even when I get the entire family lined up, it won't let me check out. I've tried different browsers, computers, etc... and nothing works.

I have one more day to try to get this to work and we will have to revert to standard bands. This is truly pathetic!
Old 07-09-2019, 04:05 PM   #162
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
This has to be the pinnacle of Disney IT failures. Half of the ones they say are available suddenly aren't when I select them, then even when I get the entire family lined up, it won't let me check out. I've tried different browsers, computers, etc... and nothing works.

I have one more day to try to get this to work and we will have to revert to standard bands. This is truly pathetic!
It was like that on the day I placed my order - I literally kept trying every free moment I could during the majority of my day/evening and it felt like Groundhog's Day until it finally went through. When it gives the "oops" message, try refreshing your browser instead of using the buttons provided by Disney. That seemed to hold on to the progress I had made before the system took its dives.
2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM   #163
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

A number of Limited Release ($29.99 retail price) MagicBands are currently available as an upgrade, including the DVC Member MB. They cost $15.00 after the $14.99 credit.
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM   #164
moseskoko
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
A number of Limited Release ($29.99 retail price) MagicBands are currently available as an upgrade, including the DVC Member MB. They cost $15.00 after the $14.99 credit.
Hello. Where do you see the credit applied?

Thanks.

John
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM   #165
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by moseskoko View Post
Hello. Where do you see the credit applied?

Thanks.

John
The credit is already reflected in the price shown.
Regular open edition MBs which retail for $24.99 cost $10 as an upgrade.
Limited Release MBs which retail for $29.99 cost $15 as an upgrade.
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM   #166
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

I’m still trying for my haunted mansion wallpaper band.
Ugh!
It’s always almost there, but never with DH’s pirates band he wants!
I just received my AP band, the white MK “most magical place on earth” band. Really nice in person!
I think this is just a fun thing to spice things up a bit.
Hopefully they will handle the influx of interest soon!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #167
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Disney Food Blog had a video on magic bands today, discussing "upgrading" your magic band in particular.

As for me, I'm perfectly happy with solid purple.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote