home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-04-2018, 12:26 PM   #21
topchoicebbq
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Drinks?

Are you able to order from the Bar Drink menu as part of your QS Meal Dining Meal or just the few beers they have listed on the Window Menu?
topchoicebbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:56 PM   #22
ResalesDVC
TRUSTED BOARD SPONSOR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchoicebbq View Post
Are you able to order from the Bar Drink menu as part of your QS Meal Dining Meal or just the few beers they have listed on the Window Menu?
Good question. I'll post it around and see if anyone knows!
Kristen Tutas, Lic. Broker Associate
Rachel Thompson, Lic. Broker Associate
Meet Our Entire Team

ResalesDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #23
Disney dreaming
Two Bedroom

can't wait to try this.
Disney dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:28 AM   #24
JaneBanks
One Bedroom

My son and I stayed one night at BRV before moving over to SSR last September for a long weekend food and wine trip.
Loved the renovated room and the new pool area.

We had dinner and drinks at Geyser Point, and both of us loved our meal. Comfortable and casual.
After our meal, we walked out towards the lake and sat on some stone benches, or could have been a low wall, and watched the water pageant.

I plan to return this summer since my husband will be along, I think he will really enjoy not only the food but the atmosphere.
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:56 AM   #25
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchoicebbq View Post
We’ve ordered from the QS window and ate at the tables there and ordered drinks from the bar. We weren’t on a dining plan though.

Now all of my kids are "Disney Adults"

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but moving very close to the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:15 AM   #26
bwvBound
Grand Villa

We looked at the menu when visiting mid-January but weren't impressed. Seemed to revolve around drinks (alcohol) and appetizers.

Now if they had a "made to order" juice bar stocked with a good variety of organic vegetables, roots and fruits ... then we'd be more excited. Three days into any travel and I'm craving a fresh juice of beet, celery, ginger and the like.

To us, it was a waste of space and made life "uncomfortable" around the water front as both the layout and employees discouraged seating around the perimeter unless you were dining with them. Rather pushy.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:56 PM   #27
It's Me
Grand Villa

We went in September - group of 7.

Menu was very limited, which was fine for most of us since we had a late dinner planned, so it was good for snacking and drinks to hold us over. Though picky eaters in the bunch were, well, picky with the limited menu LOL

Atmosphere - Fabulous, can't beat the location. That alone makes it worth just a pop-in even if just to grab a drink and slow down for a while.

Service - was horrible.
It took at least 15 minutes for the server to come and take our drink order. We weren't even sure if a server was assigned to our table. We were about ready leave without getting anything.
After we actually got our drinks, he didn't take our food order at that moment, he left. Came back 10-15 minutes later to take our food order. At which time we were all ready for more drinks. Food and second round of drinks did come out in reasonable amount of time (reasonable as compared to the previous wait times, still not exactly fast or even what we would consider normal) and hot food was hot, cold food was cold. CM was very nice, very friendly, but never offered an explanation as to why things were so slow moving. They were busy, but not packed. We had no issue getting a table for the 7 of us. There were openings at the bar and a few of the comfy chair/table settings open. And they seemed to have plenty of staff on. So no idea what the issue was. Maybe our server was new, or new to the restaurant. It was just super slooowwww moving. I think if we had new we had a server within a few minutes of sitting down, the rest of the service would have felt better.

We will definitely go back on our next trip. Mostly because I HAVE to have that brisket/dip dish again. I forget what it's called but it was awesome, and I didn't share it with anyone either LOL.

Last edited by It's Me; 04-05-2018 at 01:06 PM.
It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:10 PM   #28
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
We looked at the menu when visiting mid-January but weren't impressed. Seemed to revolve around drinks (alcohol) and appetizers.

Now if they had a "made to order" juice bar stocked with a good variety of organic vegetables, roots and fruits ... then we'd be more excited. Three days into any travel and I'm craving a fresh juice of beet, celery, ginger and the like.

What a great idea!!!! I wish disney had one somewhere on property. .. why not geyser point? ?
Old 04-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #29
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
What a great idea!!!! I wish disney had one somewhere on property. .. why not geyser point? ?
Yep ... wouldn't that be lovely?

She says while staring at her Omega masticating juicer wondering why she hasn't gone shopping for fresh veggies since returning from recent travel ... but why bother while there are yet a few bottles of Suja Uber Greens in the refrigerator ...
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:32 PM   #30
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Who could we write to suggest this???