home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

Default BRV early December

Hello,

edited to say: Stayed at CCV, not BRV

We made it to WDW despite my chemo treatments! I was definitely fatigued but we had a great time. Went to Epcot/Candlelight processional one day, our only park day. 10,000+ steps for me . Processional and dinner at Morocco was great! Tenderloin Beef Kabobs... so yummy!

The next day we did the monorail Christmas Decorations tour which was fun. Took the Boat to Contemporary, saw the gingerbread house. Got on a very crowded monorail ( it was a Saturday) to Poly. The décor at Poly was underwhelming, tried to get into Trader Sams … hahaha. So crowded.

Back on the monorail to Grand Floridian. We were discouraged by the crowds at first ( my immunity was at a low point) but ventured up to second floor and found a great couch to relax on and listen to the music. Very nice.
We then took the boat to MK and switched over to boat to CCV.

The next day we had brunch at Trails End ( great) and walked a couple loops in the campground. Those campers are certainly festive! We love riding those boats.

Our last day was a resort day.. very relaxing. I have to say though that I was disappointed in the food options at WL. They have completely ruined my Wilderness Salad at Roaring Fork. And there are no appetizers at Geyser Point?? What the heck.. it's a bar. Our hamburgers were very dry and came with 5 waffle fries. They can do better. They did bring me a blanket though which was nice ( unsolicited) because it was cool at night with those very unhelpful heaters New Character Dining at Artist Point still under construction.

We loved CCV ( own at BRV) , it was fun to feel part of the Lodge. Spent a lot of time in the quiet lobby late at night admiring the tree. The lobby at BRV is also worth checking out. We also ventured over to the lounge at BLV to watch the Christmas Fireworks...fun.

Visiting early in December may become a tradition for us. Overall, a lovely trip and much needed change of scenery! Thanks for all of your tips and well wishes.

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2020**
**Boardwalk Feb. 2020**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL, Poly, & DRR

Last edited by Lovetheboardwalk; 12-12-2018 at 01:25 PM. Reason: correction
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetheboardwalk View Post
Hello,

edited to say: Stayed at CCV, not BRV

We made it to WDW despite my chemo treatments! I was definitely fatigued but we had a great time. Went to Epcot/Candlelight processional one day, our only park day. 10,000+ steps for me . Processional and dinner at Morocco was great! Tenderloin Beef Kabobs... so yummy!

The next day we did the monorail Christmas Decorations tour which was fun. Took the Boat to Contemporary, saw the gingerbread house. Got on a very crowded monorail ( it was a Saturday) to Poly. The décor at Poly was underwhelming, tried to get into Trader Sams … hahaha. So crowded.

Back on the monorail to Grand Floridian. We were discouraged by the crowds at first ( my immunity was at a low point) but ventured up to second floor and found a great couch to relax on and listen to the music. Very nice.
We then took the boat to MK and switched over to boat to CCV.

The next day we had brunch at Trails End ( great) and walked a couple loops in the campground. Those campers are certainly festive! We love riding those boats.

Our last day was a resort day.. very relaxing. I have to say though that I was disappointed in the food options at WL. They have completely ruined my Wilderness Salad at Roaring Fork. And there are no appetizers at Geyser Point?? What the heck.. it's a bar. Our hamburgers were very dry and came with 5 waffle fries. They can do better. They did bring me a blanket though which was nice ( unsolicited) because it was cool at night with those very unhelpful heaters New Character Dining at Artist Point still under construction.

We loved CCV ( own at BRV) , it was fun to feel part of the Lodge. Spent a lot of time in the quiet lobby late at night admiring the tree. The lobby at BRV is also worth checking out. We also ventured over to the lounge at BLV to watch the Christmas Fireworks...fun.

Visiting early in December may become a tradition for us. Overall, a lovely trip and much needed change of scenery! Thanks for all of your tips and well wishes.
I am glad you had a great trip. Stay well and recover completely. 😀
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
Ransom
Grand Villa

I'm glad you had a great time on your trip, and at CCV. We'll be there in the spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetheboardwalk View Post
And there are no appetizers at Geyser Point?? What the heck.. it's a bar.
They need to make their menu clearer. To me, most of the stuff under "Rustic Fare" are appetizers, such as the crispy fried oysters, the cheesy barbeque brisket w/ chips, the charcuterie, the wings, the edamame, and the shrimp. But it's all lumped in on the menu with the burger, strip steak, and roasted salmon. An odd choice for a bar, like you said.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Sounds wonderful! Glad you had a good time and managed despite not feeling well.

I will be at CCV next year in the fall. I am looking forward to it!

BLT
BWV
CCV
Redhead58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Sounds wonderful! I am glad you were able to pull off the trip. I am planning a trip next December for two or three weeks. Very much looking forward to touring the resorts and checking out all of the holiday stuff. I have never been to Disney World during that time.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:57 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Excellent, glad you enjoyed. Continued best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #7
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

Thanks everybody. If one has not been for the Holidays, I highly recommend early December before the big time crowds.

And 5 weeks until BWV! woot woot!!

Happy Holidays all!

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2020**
**Boardwalk Feb. 2020**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL, Poly, & DRR
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote