home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-18-2019, 07:55 AM   #11
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
I sure miss the days when we could visit both WDW and DL in the same year without a second thought.
I haven’t seen any of those days yet.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:14 AM   #12
Caren
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
It has never been a pass that made sense unless you needed the top pass at both places. Scary though that the top passes at DL are actually over $1k.
WDW Platinum Pass is $1,191.74.
Caren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:32 PM   #13
debabe
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren View Post
I’m planning some Disneyland time in addition to WDW this next year, so I checked into a Premier Passport for both parks.

$2,167.22.

Eek!

I’ll just renew my DVC Gold pass for WDW and pay as I go at Disneyland.
I am one of those insane people that has a Premier Passport. Unlike many of the other Disneyland annual passes, it cannot be paid on the installment plan. Ouch!

I live near Disneyland and take at least two trips to WDW annually. My WDW trips are at least nine days.

The most expensive Disneyland ONLY Annual Pass (no blackout dates) is $1521.41 (with sales tax). That includes MaxPass, parking & AP discounts. If I visit WDW for at least nine days, I might was well upgrade to the Premier AP and have the park-hopper AND the AP discount.

The upgrade from a top-tier WDW to include a DLR pass is nearly $1000. The upgrade from a DLR Signature pass to include WDW with all the perks is just over $600.00.

$1521.41 for the Disneyland Resort Signature Plus Pass covers two theme parks and includes MaxPass, parking & discounts.

$1298.24 for Walt Disney World Platinum Plus Pass covers four theme parks, 2 Disney water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and Disney’s Oak Trail Golf, Photopass downloads, parking & discounts.

It is a good thing that I am a DVC member and love visiting Disney...

debabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:12 PM   #14
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Back when it was reasonable I had this pass. I worked in Orange County CA and lived it Atlanta so it worked well for me but...

It's not worth that price!
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:26 PM   #15
Caren
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by debabe View Post
I am one of those insane people that has a Premier Passport. Unlike many of the other Disneyland annual passes, it cannot be paid on the installment plan. Ouch!

I live near Disneyland and take at least two trips to WDW annually. My WDW trips are at least nine days.

The most expensive Disneyland ONLY Annual Pass (no blackout dates) is $1521.41 (with sales tax). That includes MaxPass, parking & AP discounts. If I visit WDW for at least nine days, I might was well upgrade to the Premier AP and have the park-hopper AND the AP discount.

The upgrade from a top-tier WDW to include a DLR pass is nearly $1000. The upgrade from a DLR Signature pass to include WDW with all the perks is just over $600.00.

$1521.41 for the Disneyland Resort Signature Plus Pass covers two theme parks and includes MaxPass, parking & discounts.

$1298.24 for Walt Disney World Platinum Plus Pass covers four theme parks, 2 Disney water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and Disney’s Oak Trail Golf, Photopass downloads, parking & discounts.

I think it only makes sense for someone who lives near Disneyland and takes at least two WDW trips a year, plus visits a lot during blackout times.
Caren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:21 PM   #16
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by debabe View Post

Well done!!! The premier pass certainly works well for you!
Old 07-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #17
carl sweat
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default pass

i'm waiting for the pay by the hour pass, i could go to each park for about 17 min each. wait, i forgot they have those,there called after hours events.
carl sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #18
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl sweat View Post
i'm waiting for the pay by the hour pass, i could go to each park for about 17 min each. wait, i forgot they have those,there called after hours events.
Using Kim's description of waiting for hours for minutes of attraction time, maybe they should price the passes per minute of actual attraction time. That'll encourage them to get the lines down.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:54 PM   #19
carl sweat
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default line

they would make the line interactive [game like space mtn or tt] and charge for that too saying it was an attraction also.
carl sweat is offline   Reply With Quote