home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-19-2019, 12:02 PM   #481
bakerworld
Grand Villa

We - or I - always purchase the TIW card on the first day of our visit without one. We've never had any trouble with losing the card or the media it is on. I fairly frequently use it to leave bill open ...
Old 07-23-2019, 10:10 PM   #482
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Dumb question: First time ever that DH is coming in mid-trip,
He is on the BWV reservation and has a Magic Band connected to my MDE (doesn't have his own MDE).

Will he have any problems literally just going to my room when he arrives while I'm at the parks with DD? He can totally bi-pass front desk because I've been there for several days, correct? He basically just wants to drop off luggage as he's going out to late dinner with other DD/DSIL. I couldn't get them into any DVC so they (DD/DSIL) are at Coronado Tower. This trip is kinda like a 3-ring circus. ADR's have been a nightmare trying to go from 2 to 5 last minute.

Tks.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:22 PM   #483
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Dumb question: First time ever that DH is coming in mid-trip,
He is on the BWV reservation and has a Magic Band connected to my MDE (doesn't have his own MDE).

Will he have any problems literally just going to my room when he arrives while I'm at the parks with DD? He can totally bi-pass front desk because I've been there for several days, correct? He basically just wants to drop off luggage as he's going out to late dinner with other DD/DSIL. I couldn't get them into any DVC so they (DD/DSIL) are at Coronado Tower. This trip is kinda like a 3-ring circus. ADR's have been a nightmare trying to go from 2 to 5 last minute.

Tks.
If he's on the reservation and his MB is active then he should be fine to go in and out of your room at will.
pdude81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:30 PM   #484
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
If he's on the reservation and his MB is active then he should be fine to go in and out of your room at will.
Great. Thank you. He is very "un-independent" at Disney and didn't want him to have problems. Happy DH, Happy Disney Trip.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:37 PM   #485
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Great. Thank you. He is very "un-independent" at Disney and didn't want him to have problems. Happy DH, Happy Disney Trip.

Now I have had a linked MB not work at a hotel once or twice if I used one from the second half of a split on the first part. Perhaps that wasn't the reason for the issue, but at worst your DH just has to walk over to the desk and tell them his MB isn't working and what the room number is. They would be able to check and fix the issue without bothering you.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:41 PM   #486
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Now I have had a linked MB not work at a hotel once or twice if I used one from the second half of a split on the first part. Perhaps that wasn't the reason for the issue, but at worst your DH just has to walk over to the desk and tell them his MB isn't working and what the room number is. They would be able to check and fix the issue without bothering you.
Tks. I will remind him of that and keep my fingers crossed.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:58 PM   #487
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Tks. I will remind him of that and keep my fingers crossed.
Good luck! Just tell him that if he can't get into the room on his own you'll save a bright pink band for him to use the rest of the trip.

The alternate option should you choose to tell him is to unlock using the phone through MDE. Turning on Bluetooth and finding the spot in that app is probably harder than walking to the front desk though.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:43 PM   #488
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Default Christmas Parade

Does anyone know when they are doing the taping of the Christmas Parade in California? Or if they've even announced it. I have a sister who seems to want to know.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:16 PM   #489
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
Does anyone know when they are doing the taping of the Christmas Parade in California? Or if they've even announced it. I have a sister who seems to want to know.
I don’t think the dates have been announced yet.

Tom Bricker, from Disney Tourist Blog suggests this:

We don’t know what the Disney Christmas Day Parade filming schedule will be for 2019 or 2020, but if we had to guess…we’d say somewhere in the general vicinity of November 6-11, 2019 and November 4-8, 2020, or the week after. That’s just a guess, but it follows the exact formula of filming schedules for the last couple of years.

Link:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/ch...ld-disneyland/

It seems the dates are announced the last week or so of October, going by previous years.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:33 AM   #490
pacman
Grand Villa

Hello,

Other than Garden Grocer , what grocery delivery services do people use when staying at BLT ?