home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-10-2019, 09:56 PM   #21
Commish
One Bedroom

“Verified Listing” is worth while, The payment Protection option is not something I would use again.

RedWeek Customer Service is very good - I was emailing them on Sunday regarding the verified service - I had more than one reservation building a 7+ day stay. They would not verify it (wanted 1 rez covering all dates naturally) and I wasn’t going to modify my reservation to fit, so easy refund (all Same day)

From personal experience (family of 5 requiring villas) RedWeek would be my go to site for lodging. I even rented an SSR RCi exchange in 2012, then bought my OKW contract!
Old 07-10-2019, 10:11 PM   #22
Djohn06
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcras View Post
I decided to try RedWeek almost two months ago, for two confirmed reservation, I priced them midrange to what the other listing were. I have only received one inquiry and the person wanted different dates then what I had listed. I rented one of my reservation through MO (for the same price listed at RedWeek) so I cancelled the listing and during the cancellation process they asked for my opinion of them. I said I would not use them again, as I felt they did not generate any responses.

I personally do not like the fact that you do not receive any funds until after the vacation starts.
Can I ask what unit size you attempted to rent and what resort was it? In my experience with Redweek Poly and Beach Club get the most responses. Animal Kingdom Lodge does decent too. I've never listed Cooper Creek/ Wilderness so I don't know how it does.

Also, I think people are getting DVC rentals from other sources these days. No need to pay a membership fee to list your resort when several site will list for free.

Djohn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:11 AM   #23
lcras
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Studio rooms, one a BWV in September the other was BLT in October.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djohn06 View Post
Can I ask what unit size you attempted to rent and what resort was it? In my experience with Redweek Poly and Beach Club get the most responses. Animal Kingdom Lodge does decent too. I've never listed Cooper Creek/ Wilderness so I don't know how it does.

Also, I think people are getting DVC rentals from other sources these days. No need to pay a membership fee to list your resort when several site will list for free.

Home Resorts: AKV, BLT, BWV, VGF
lcras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:59 AM   #24
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcras View Post
I decided to try RedWeek almost two months ago, for two confirmed reservation, I priced them midrange to what the other listing were. I have only received one inquiry and the person wanted different dates then what I had listed. I rented one of my reservation through MO (for the same price listed at RedWeek) so I cancelled the listing and during the cancellation process they asked for my opinion of them. I said I would not use them again, as I felt they did not generate any responses.

This is the email message I received back from their customer service:

This is XXXX in Customer Service at RedWeek.com. I noticed the comment that you made when you deactivated your Posting #XXXXX. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to successfully rent your timeshare using our service.

If you do try our site again, you might want to consider adding our RedWeek Verified & Protected option to your posting.

We are now offering our new RedWeek Payment Protection. This new option is becoming very popular with our renters, this option will now allow you to be able to accept credit card payments and finalize bookings through RedWeek.com!

Here's how it works:

Your "RedWeek Verified" ribbon will change to "Verified & Protected"

When someone is interested in your rental, they can either contact you with questions, or they can "Request to Book", agree to the Rental Agreement, and submit payment by credit card.

We will send you an email letting you know you have an offer pending.

You accept the offer, we process the credit card payment, and then you call your resort to make the name change on the reservation, and let us know when it's done.

Your rental funds will be disbursed within two business days of the check-in date by an e-check.

Your renter will be asked to pay 5% of the rental price or $50.00, whichever is greater, in order to cover the costs of processing their credit card, verifying the reservation and disbursing the funds.

Since we need time to verify a reservation name change, RedWeek Payments will be removed fro your rental 10 days prior to your check-in date. Your can continue to run your posting past that point, but would need to arrange your own rental agreement & payment for the very last-minute bookings.

Their "Verified & Protected" is an additional $15 per listing to their Basic Do It Yourself Listing.

I personally do not like the fact that you do not receive any funds until after the vacation starts.

It is possible that I listed too early, 4 months out. I will see if anything else shows up for the other confirmed listing I have, which is 3 months out.

And as another thread was talking about some of the SSR listings are insanely low and are coming as an RCI exchange.
i'm giving up on redweek, worthless for me this year. i think their pool of members looking has really declined. i'm thinking easy and free facebook groups have taken redweek's place for dvc rentals.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:04 AM   #25
Commish
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
i'm giving up on redweek, worthless for me this year. i think their pool of members looking has really declined. i'm thinking easy and free facebook groups have taken redweek's place for dvc rentals.
You might be right - I will follow up here in a few months -

When I had a July 4th week BLT 2BR listed with "verified & protected" there is no back and forth - you receive an e-mail when there is an offer:

Good news - we have a renter ready to book your week! We just need your final confirmation by Feb 18, 2018

Resort Name: Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Dates: Jun 30, 2018 - Jul 7, 2018

Naturally i was not a huge fan of payment deferred until Day 2-3 of reservation - but there is a Marketing element and additional comfort provided to the renter - Later, working with the Renter we modified the 7 night stay to an 8 night BLT-BWV split stay - Wonderful family and they had a great trip.

Last edited by Commish; 07-11-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #26
Sarco11
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Where does the money go? So the renter pays for the rental amount and then the owner gets paid 2-3 days before the vacation. Doesn't that leave a big gray area? Kind of like an escrow account? I get the feeling of security an intermediary brings, though, and it sounds like an owner can get more through that site then other DVC brokers. I am enjoying the one on one interactions with DVC owners thus far through this site.

Curious about the Facebook pages and the occurrence of scammers. The nice thing about MO is all of the warnings about scammers, the advice on how to avoid scammers, examples of how folks have gotten scammed, etc...

Also, MO is great for the threads. My family gets tired of talking Disney, so this is my go to for folks who get it.
Sarco11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:05 PM   #27
Commish
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarco11 View Post
Where does the money go? So the renter pays for the rental amount and then the owner gets paid 2-3 days before the vacation. Doesn't that leave a big gray area? Kind of like an escrow account?
It is an Escrow account & its 2-3 days AFTER vacation starts. Renter pays 100% up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarco11 View Post

My family gets tired of talking Disney, so this is my go to for folks who get it.
Welcome to my World

Last edited by Commish; 07-11-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:24 AM   #28
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
try fb groups again, block immediately anyone/everyone who makes any comment on your pricing...they can't see you and can't reply. it took me several months to figure out fb, took a lickin' but came back tickin'. there is even a new group that offers rentals by the night/reservation, no point price, and will not tolerate rudeness. you can also post and not allow comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.disney.couple View Post
Can u pm the name of the group where you post by the night and not by point price, too many tire kickers on the ones Iím currently on. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post

I would appreciate a pm too Barb. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm1504 View Post
Me three.
Me four. I would appreciate an PM as well. Thank you!

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:50 AM   #29
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

i am recovering from major surgery. anyone who needs fb group info, pm me. i have answered one person and simply will copy and paste.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #30
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Interesting information.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote