home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-16-2020, 01:20 PM   #21
OffToTheMouse
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Be prepared for paid fastpass's in the future.....it is the way!
YEP
OffToTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:22 PM   #22
rockydog
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Let's be honest, Disney is under very bad leadership right now. Chapek is horrible. They're just trying to grab money. Money are the days of the 90's when Disney cared at all about their customers (and, yes, I intentionally said customers and not "guests").

Unfortunately, people will continue to flock here instead of shunning them for a while to teach them a lesson and get then back to good business sense. Disney is becoming the new Six Flags.
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:06 PM   #23
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Be prepared for paid fastpass's in the future.....it is the way!
Yep. Among other things that were previously free/included that will cost extra.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:19 PM   #24
ajc
Grand Villa

my limit is ~30 minutes for ride waits so glad that EPCOT & AKP are on my Sept trip and will add a day of MK & HS in Oct.
We are more about food, pool, and "leaving real world for Disney World" time. If Vero wasn't renovating their pool now we would enjoy down time there.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:11 PM   #25
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
The problem with opening up FP+ is that the standby wait times will soar and will open up all those cans of worms all over again:
  • scrambles to plan your day down to park, meal, attraction 60 days out or more;
  • mad scrambles at 60 days out for FP+ for the popular attractions before they disappear;
  • Only able to get 3 FPs and then have to wait in an artificially longer standby for all the rest;
  • upcharge experiences to bypass lines (further lengthening standby time), etc.

All in the middle of a pandemic when the park experience is already reduced, park hopping doesn't exist, and you have to be masked.

Currently, based on the OP's charts, nearly every attraction can be visited in the first hour with minimal waits. Just get to park at rope drop and do some strategic touring.

DHS is really the only park with major problems. And they will continue to have those problems for quite some time because they have popular attractions and zippo capacity. This was true pre-pandemic and it will be true post-pandemic.

If they move in the direction of FP+ again, I'm totally not regretting our decision to put Walt Disney World on pause for a few years.

Disneyland is so much easier.

Dirk
I might be in the minority here -- but I am not a fan of MaxPass b/c of its cost. At $10 per person per day, I could stomach it -- but I think it was at $20 per person per day. That is a lot of money for a family of four. You're talking about increasing ticket prices by about 15% just to have the ability to do something that was previously allowed for free.

For one person -- $20 is not that big of a deal and provides a lot of convenience. But for a family, dropping an extra $80 per day is a tough pill to swallow.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:44 PM   #26
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
I might be in the minority here -- but I am not a fan of MaxPass b/c of its cost. At $10 per person per day, I could stomach it -- but I think it was at $20 per person per day. That is a lot of money for a family of four. You're talking about increasing ticket prices by about 15% just to have the ability to do something that was previously allowed for free.

For one person -- $20 is not that big of a deal and provides a lot of convenience. But for a family, dropping an extra $80 per day is a tough pill to swallow.
You're not. It's okay for 1 day even but many days for many people? Not really. Wanna give an onsite.perk?. That would be it.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:30 AM   #27
rockydog
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
You're not. It's okay for 1 day even but many days for many people? Not really. Wanna give an onsite.perk?. That would be it.
Long Live the king.....

Not these two. They're killing the brand.
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote