home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-09-2020, 08:42 AM   #11
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
Didn't we already rehash this report? This was essentially lifted from the Reddit forum that we all spent a week debating if I recall correctly.
Apparently Daily Beast wanted to stir the pot a bit more. Or the CM spouses behind the Reddit wanted to stir the pot some more. There's an admission that they want Disney to close. It's unclear to me if they mean Downtown Disney in CA or all of Disney.

They need to understand that if Downtown Disney in CA needs to close, then *every* retail operation in Orange County needs to close. Geesh.

They are also conflating the Disney NBA Bubble with the Disney parks being open in general. Article is horribly fact-checked.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:08 AM   #12
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Looks like a Hit Piece to me.....Disneyland Union "people" and associates stirring the pot.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:13 AM   #13
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Looks like a Hit Piece to me.....Disneyland Union "people" and associates stirring the pot.
Honestly, while Daily Beast does get some credit, I take them with a grain of salt. They tend to be "outraged" very easily. Or find "outrage."

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #14
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Not in any way defending Disney there, but even if one gets sick on a trip to Disney, it will be hard to show that that's where it happened. So many other parts of the trip. Of course, if a lot of cases have this in common, then it increases the likelihood. But contact tracing is hard in a case like this.

Cheers.
:agree:

I feel very good with going in October based on reports and pictures. So far, have not heard anything in the media about Disney or any other major park (Universal) saying it's a place where the virus is spreading. I think the media would love to report that. They opened in July - so if anyone was spreading COVID due to the parks - we might have heard something by now on the news - maybe not Disney. Until they might not have a choice.

Yes, contract tracing is hard. If someone is honest, I would hope they list every place they have been and everyone they come into contact with. Not always 100% possible.

When my husband I started to leave the house early on, I would write on the calendar where we had been - supermarket - just hubby. Bank, just myself, Home Depot, us both, etc. etc. Now and for a while we are back to doctor appointments, tests, Costco, Target, etc. Not much socializing - my kids and a couple here and there. I am ready to stop jotting down where we have been now.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #15
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Apparently Daily Beast wanted to stir the pot a bit more. Or the CM spouses behind the Reddit wanted to stir the pot some more. There's an admission that they want Disney to close. It's unclear to me if they mean Downtown Disney in CA or all of Disney.

They need to understand that if Downtown Disney in CA needs to close, then *every* retail operation in Orange County needs to close. Geesh.

They are also conflating the Disney NBA Bubble with the Disney parks being open in general. Article is horribly fact-checked.

Dirk
In the other thread accusations of coverups were definitely insinuated towards Gov of FL and WDW. I find that silly of course. The reality is that if guests were getting sick then FL would not be involved because as people returned home other states would be where the infections would be tested for and documented. Those states then would _absolutely_ have an interest in pointing the finger at FL as the source of the infections would not hesitate to point it out to the world.

A LOT of people on MO have gone to WDW since it reopened and no one here has reported being infected. That should speak volumes.
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote