home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-19-2019, 07:32 PM   #1
dsquarednz
One Bedroom

Default Mobile Ordering for Int'l guests?

Hi everyone - does the app for mobile ordering accept international/foreign credit cards? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!
dsquarednz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #2
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsquarednz View Post
Hi everyone - does the app for mobile ordering accept international/foreign credit cards? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!
Unless they’ve changed, I think mobile ordering only charges to room or to the dining plan.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:54 PM   #3
dsquarednz
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Unless they’ve changed, I think mobile ordering only charges to room or to the dining plan.

Dirk
Everything I've read said that a credit or debit card is applied to the Mobile Ordering app, or the dining plan. It does not charge to the room.

That is why I requested anyone with actual experience who has travelled from overseas to respond.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:08 PM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

Dirk
credit cards are accepted. We rarely use it because it won't accept g/c or rewards type cards yet. So when we're out of those we'll do it (and they do take credit card).

They actually do not charge to the room yet (or we'd use it more and pay down later)
Old 09-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #5
dsquarednz
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
credit cards are accepted. We rarely use it because it won't accept g/c or rewards type cards yet. So when we're out of those we'll do it (and they do take credit card).

They actually do not charge to the room yet (or we'd use it more and pay down later)

Thanks, I agree - I avoid using it because I want a discount. However, a friend who is travelling from overseas would like to know specifically if a FOREIGN credit card can be attached to the account for mobile ordering.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:11 AM   #6
dpayne007
Studio

I can tell you it works with Canadian Cards.
dpayne007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:03 AM   #7
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsquarednz View Post
Thanks, I agree - I avoid using it because I want a discount. However, a friend who is travelling from overseas would like to know specifically if a FOREIGN credit card can be attached to the account for mobile ordering.
Just remind them to use one that doesn’t charge a currency fee. Mine has a £3 minimum fee, which is why I only use it for paying off our hotel bill or entry to Kennedy Space Center and stuff, not small amounts.

That is my concern, sometimes currency cards are not accepted when normal CCs are - for the simple reason that you cannot run up a credit on the currency cards.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:10 PM   #8
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Yep. I got it backwards. Charges to Dining Plan or Credit Card, not room. Sorry!

By the same token, if the card is branded Visa or Mastercard shouldn't it work, just as American cards work abroad?

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote