home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-10-2019, 01:57 PM   #11
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedel47 View Post
If this is to happen, the big question would be is a new DVC resort or will it be part of the current PVB? My first thought is it would be a new DVC resort separate from PVB. However that would not solve the issue of just studios and those point hungry bungalows. Plus, it only opened within the last five years so maybe they would add on 1 and 2 BR's to the existing PVB. As an PVB owner I hope they add on to the existing and not make its own resort like they did with CCV.
As a PVB owner, I also hope they add on instead of making it like CCV.
I'm hoping for the Spirit of Aloha (I thought it was lame years ago) made into DVC. It's getting more and more difficult reserving PVB if not at 11 months so it's obvious that even though there was/is much complaining about only studios, they have no problem filling them up. I love the studios and actually am hoping they leave PVB all studios. Yep, in the minority, but what I hope.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:10 PM   #12
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Originally there were plans for a 5 story building at the Luau Cove site I believe ala VGF. And another at Rapa Nui which was since changed back to the original Pago Pago name and included a very nice pool by it.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:19 PM   #13
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Just for fun - a picture from WDWMagic of the hight test ballons for a DVC over by Luau Cove back circa 2012 or so.

Last edited by Goofygrl; 09-10-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:45 PM   #14
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I'd actually lean more towards guessing it would be an addition to the existing association. History has brand new resorts being sold with only 40 years on the contracts. This would be about the same.

The original plans for PVB had me very excited about DVC there! I think that would be a huge addition.
Yeah my brain flips back and forth on how they would do it honestly. Ask me tomorrow and I might change LOL

I remember the original plans and then hearing studios only. I was bummed until I realized they were all connecting (mostly and I know just to another). We obviously bought there and for that reason.

I'm not sure what we would do if they added on there room wise. Points would be close to VGF and that's where I start going "what would I do"? If those murphy beds are decent I might go down to a 1 bedroom... maybe. Ugh, I'll dream some LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
I'm hoping for the Spirit of Aloha (I thought it was lame years ago) made into DVC. It's getting more and more difficult reserving PVB if not at 11 months so it's obvious that even though there was/is much complaining about only studios, they have no problem filling them up. I love the studios and actually am hoping they leave PVB all studios. Yep, in the minority, but what I hope.
When are you booking? I have had no issues so far at 11 months. Even done good at 7 months if I need to combine...
Old 09-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #15
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

If they were going to do this, why didn't they just do it all at once?

As an owner I'd probably prefer it become part of the existing deed, just to add flexibility to the contract. Although if it's anything like VGF point chart I wouldn't be able to afford the bigger rooms anyway.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #16
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Yeah my brain flips back and forth on how they would do it honestly. Ask me tomorrow and I might change LOL

I remember the original plans and then hearing studios only. I was bummed until I realized they were all connecting (mostly and I know just to another). We obviously bought there and for that reason.

I'm not sure what we would do if they added on there room wise. Points would be close to VGF and that's where I start going "what would I do"? If those murphy beds are decent I might go down to a 1 bedroom... maybe. Ugh, I'll dream some LOL

When are you booking? I have had no issues so far at 11 months. Even done good at 7 months if I need to combine...
Several times at 6 months and 6-1/2 months when I wanted to add family reservations to mine. I was actually surprised a little with being all studios. Personally I love the connecting studios very much.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #17
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

Maybe they're going to add a longhouse and absorb all of the bungalow points so that it can alleviate some of the pressure at 7 months, since they always do whats in the best interest of the members.

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #18
DougEMG
Grand Villa

If they make it a separate resort then they can keep resale restrictions in place similar to RIV. Adding to the existing resort would lose their ability to mess around with the POS.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:24 PM   #19
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Circa '79 the Spriit of Aloha was a Luau and it was a much better production. Whoever came up with the story line really did it a dis-service. The food was always bad.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #20
amydevoe
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh_Joy! View Post
So what’s the over-under? Do you think this will be before or after BLT2? I can envision DVD tearing down the remaining garden wing at CR in order to erect another tower before they do a PVB2.
I thought this was always part of the plan? I thought both garden wings were to come down and have DVC built. It's been so long though I thought it would have happened by now.
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote